• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2Nav

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread (3 Viewers)

Re: MQ2Nav 1.1.0 Release

Out of curiosity, is there a way in the mesh editor to remove vertices or some other kind of fine editing tool? I find myself often being very close to the perfect mesh that gets stuck in one place that impacts me and having to stick with a less perfect mesh that doesn't get stuck.

Testing in PoK right now and it is working great, thanks for the awesome work!!

Still having issues while runnin eq through innerspace though. Loading the plugin with innerspace causes instant crash and characters aren't able to reenter world until i deinstall/reinstall KA. Any ideas on this?

Idea: Auto orienting on the map region.

These are primarily convenience suggestions. Even if you are good at 3D orienting, tt can be a pain to center the map in large or complex maps like Chardok. A lot of turning of the 3D map to be able to center on the region of interest.

So, would be nice if one could:
  • Click on a map region so the it auto-centers or an oblique view one can 360 around. The spin around idea would lock the chosen point or region temporarily "0 0 0" to enable a fly-around
  • Type a location and the mapper would auto center on that in the Z axis, or give an oblique view .
  • (requires interface with character) Send location to mapper to do same as above so one doesn't have to. A "workaround" might be an MQ2Nav function that copies the loc into the clipboard that one could then paste into the mapper which would then center the map.

Again, more a convenience request than anything else.

I'm definitely interested in improving these aspects. Thanks for the ideas. Just as a reminder, you can click on the coordinates in the properties window and type in your /loc to manually recenter.

- - - Updated - - -

Out of curiosity, is there a way in the mesh editor to remove vertices or some other kind of fine editing tool? I find myself often being very close to the perfect mesh that gets stuck in one place that impacts me and having to stick with a less perfect mesh that doesn't get stuck.

Not yet. I have a big task to break apart the map so you can customize mesh behavior per model, maybe that might help. Are you still getting stuck in a place with the new 1.1.0 release? If so, can you give me details (screenshot/loc/etc), these errors shouldn't be happening any more (or should be happening far less frequently).

- - - Updated - - -

Testing in PoK right now and it is working great, thanks for the awesome work!!

Still having issues while runnin eq through innerspace though. Loading the plugin with innerspace causes instant crash and characters aren't able to reenter world until i deinstall/reinstall KA. Any ideas on this?

What exact steps are you following that leads to the crash? Do you get a crash dump?

- - - Updated - - -

I almost forgot. You can use the Mark Areas Tool to mark areas of the mesh as unwalkable, that will remove those areas from the mesh.

I've tried to attach the crash dump here. Sorry in advance, if its not what you're looking for =/

Running EQ through the normal client and mq2nav works fine. Exact steps leading to crash: fresh install of mq2 and KA, load up mq2 and innerspace, run eq through innerspace and log in. Get to world and /mac kissassist to create fresh .ini. /plugin mq2nav load and get an instant crash. No longer able to log in (get to char select screen but get crash when I try to enter world). Setting MacroQuest.ini mq2nav=0 doesn't solve crash after hitting enter world from char select. deinstall mq2 completely. Rinse and repeat. Same results.

Just to throw it out there: this is working absolutely beautifully through the normal eq client. How I always wished mq2nav would work and more. Had a literal jaw-drop moment testing this out for the first time. Thanks for all the hard work, donation heading your way asap

Hmm... I'll try out the mark areas tool. To be fair, this is from the old version of MQ2Nav, so it's entirely possible that the actually pathfinding improvements have fixed any problems I may have had.

Hmm... I'll try out the mark areas tool. To be fair, this is from the old version of MQ2Nav, so it's entirely possible that the actually pathfinding improvements have fixed any problems I may have had.

Oh yes, the running back and forth problem should be solved then. Let me know how it goes.

- - - Updated - - -

I've tried to attach the crash dump here. Sorry in advance, if its not what you're looking for =/

Running EQ through the normal client and mq2nav works fine. Exact steps leading to crash: fresh install of mq2 and KA, load up mq2 and innerspace, run eq through innerspace and log in. Get to world and /mac kissassist to create fresh .ini. /plugin mq2nav load and get an instant crash. No longer able to log in (get to char select screen but get crash when I try to enter world). Setting MacroQuest.ini mq2nav=0 doesn't solve crash after hitting enter world from char select. deinstall mq2 completely. Rinse and repeat. Same results.

Just to throw it out there: this is working absolutely beautifully through the normal eq client. How I always wished mq2nav would work and more. Had a literal jaw-drop moment testing this out for the first time. Thanks for all the hard work, donation heading your way asap

I'll tell you what. Tonight I'll go give it a whirl and if I can't reproduce a crash I'll come back and contact you about more details.

I read through your Wiki, code for kiss and any call for /nav loc is correct after the changes maskoi called out above. There are no calls in the mac that doesn't include the /nav locxyz X Y Z. Unless the <> are reguired which I doubt?

Can't figure out why the Scorched Woods mesh generates under the world. Ideas? Or can anyone that got it to work post their scorched woods one?

I read through your Wiki, code for kiss and any call for /nav loc is correct after the changes maskoi called out above. There are no calls in the mac that doesn't include the /nav locxyz X Y Z. Unless the <> are reguired which I doubt?

You are correct, the <> aren't expected.

Just to be clear, the "invalid nav destination" error only occurs when it doesn't recognize what came after /nav, so if it says "invalid nav destination: 1 2 3" then it means the command was /nav 1 2 3. I haven't looked at KA myself, but it sounds like its still executing the wrong command somewhere. Maybe /poke maskoi to release an update

- - - Updated - - -

Can't figure out why the Scorched Woods mesh generates under the world. Ideas? Or can anyone that got it to work post their scorched woods one?

Saw this occurring in Katta Castrum too, didn't check scorched woods. I was going to take a look at it tonight as well. I think you might be able to work around by reducing the bounding box substantially.

- - - Updated - - -

Figured out the crash, its actually a problem with one of the dependencies (boost). I did a lot of things to make Innerspace work (including completely rewriting the hooking mechanism), one of which was disabling some runtime level features (stuff the development tools put in automatically). Seems that boost does not have this disabled and so its trying to do something that ends up conflicting with innerspace.

Anyways, the two things I'm looking to fix is this crash and the empty/flat mesh problem (scorched woods) and will try to get those two out in an update, probably tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Issue with scorched wood and katta is the height of thezone. The bounding box is too low on the Y axis, which is causing bad mesh. Its caused by the objects that are super far below the zone. Bring up the lower Y axis of the bounding box to fix.

- - - Updated - - -

MQ2Nav 1.1.1

OK I lied. Couldn't wait until tomorrow.

release page: https://github.com/brainiac/MQ2Nav/releases/latest

Bug Fixes
  • Fix crash when loading MQ2Nav while also running InnerSpace
  • Fix problem selecting zones that have duplicate names in the zone picker

Also found a couple known issues:
* Navigation may not create a complete path if the target location is too far away
* Zones that have a lot of garbage beneath the geometry may product broken meshes. This is because there is a limit to the height of the mesh. If this happens, use the bounding box controls to bring the lower Y plane up higher.
* I noticed an issue where the bounding box controls may not save properly.

edit: Is there a way to disable this --- updated --- nonsense? I want to make a new post that I can link to. bah.

MQ2Nav 1.1.1

OK I lied. Couldn't wait until tomorrow.

release page: https://github.com/brainiac/MQ2Nav/releases/latest

Bug Fixes
  • Fix crash when loading MQ2Nav while also running InnerSpace
  • Fix problem selecting zones that have duplicate names in the zone picker

Also found a couple known issues:
* Navigation may not create a complete path if the target location is too far away
* Zones that have a lot of garbage beneath the geometry may product broken meshes. This is because there is a limit to the height of the mesh. If this happens, use the bounding box controls to bring the lower Y plane up higher.
* I noticed an issue where the bounding box controls may not save properly.

edit: Is there a way to disable this --- updated --- nonsense? I want to make a new post that I can link to. bah.

New post made :)

Misc other notes:

* If you're passing through the spiked fence in scorched woods, increase your agent radius, you're slipping through the cracks.
* Can we rename this thread to MQ2Nav release thread? I'll keep the first post up to date.

Re: MQ2Nav Release

Updated, 1.1.1 build 106

Improvements
  • Use FloorHeight instead of Z for calculating spawn positions, should avoid some cases of "unable to find destination" problems.
    • This behavior can be disabled in the settings window of MQ2Nav if it causes problems

Link on first page

I build mesh wrong, I miss a line somewhere to change for kiss? I'm getting this in FM when trying to pull some mobs. It pulls like normal but after every kill it spams this, waits a sec then seems to choose a new mob and pulls.

View attachment 11471
Search for .PathLength[

And make sure you add a locxyz inside the brackets as well.
So .ParhLength[locxyz blah blah]

[video=youtube;BqDIDk4ODtM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqDIDk4ODtM[/video]

New release will be out Sunday 2/26/17

Unless I am doing something terribly wrong, the new MQ2Nav does not work with KissAssist (9.2.0 nor 9.2.2). I switched the MQ2Nav dll in, along with the appropriate files in the download, and run Kissassist. Strangely, kissassist can't find any mobs. If I switch back to the old MQ2Nav, everything is fine, finds mobs, goes and gets them, returns, etc.

1. Yes, I added locxyz to all places appropriate (including pathlength)
2. Yes, I used the new meshgenerator to create the mesh.

Am I missing something?

JJB

PS-- if I target a mob and /nav target it works fine, and runs beautifully. Somehow MQ2nav is messing up finding MOBs.

Because the new Nav is using a new FloorZ command that we need a new compile to make work - JJB you can disable it in the settings window for now until we get a new compile.

Because the new Nav is using a new FloorZ command that we need a new compile to make work - JJB you can disable it in the settings window for now until we get a new compile.

Plugin doesn't have any dependency on new MQ2Main, there are certain parts of KA that need to be updated that weren't clearly enumerated. I'd wait for Maskoi's update TBH

I'm coninually getting ther error
[MQ2Nav]No nav mesh available for zonenamehere.

For reference:
Unzipped the files from Github to my MQ2 directory
Ran Meshgenerator
Selected my main everquest folder users/public/Daybreak Game Company/Installed Games/Alts (I have 2 EQ installs)
Selected my MQ install MQ2/release

Loaded zone (xx objects detected)
Create mesh
Mesh appears in MQ2/release/m2nav folder

/nav ui
Click reload mesh
[MQ2Nav]No nav mesh available for zonenamehere.

Suggestions?

Ok,
First, I am a total noob.
Second, I have only utilized others macros or plugins, I have never written anything.
So, the question is.....
Is there a video or explanation of how to use MQ2Nav and/or MQ2Advpath for dummies? Something that explains the basics?
I think that what I want to do could be done simply with these tools. I just want my group to move between three different camp spots. Kill mobs at one camp spot, move to second, kill those mobs, move to third, kill those then move back to first and repeat.
Anyway. Where is the best spot to start learning how to do this?

thanks

Ok,
First, I am a total noob.
Second, I have only utilized others macros or plugins, I have never written anything.
So, the question is.....
Is there a video or explanation of how to use MQ2Nav and/or MQ2Advpath for dummies? Something that explains the basics?
I think that what I want to do could be done simply with these tools. I just want my group to move between three different camp spots. Kill mobs at one camp spot, move to second, kill those mobs, move to third, kill those then move back to first and repeat.
Anyway. Where is the best spot to start learning how to do this?

thanks

No, I wish there was tutorials or documentation. Truth is I don't have the time. If somebody is interested in a project like this hit me up and I can provide guidance.

- - - Updated - - -

1.2.0 Release (See first post)

New Features:
  • Automatic door opening
  • Navigation path drawn on map if mq2map is loaded

Again, see first post for details. Quick link to latest release:
https://github.com/brainiac/MQ2Nav/releases/latest

- - - Updated - - -

Please leave your feedback and problems regarding automatic door support as well.

I have two recommendations for MQ2 Nav that Maskoi suggested I post here, they are...

1. If possible have characters run down the center of all hallways, currently MQ2Nav hugs walls and that create's problems in zones that have "lumps" on the walls. Crypt of Decay is the zone I am speaking of in the rats, here is a picture of one of the lumps but it's kinda hard to see anything - http://i.imgur.com/08fBNbx.jpg

2. For similar reasons as the first issue, some zones with stairwells the character will hug the corner too sharply and get caught on the lip of the stairs.

Both of the above reasons are kinda the same thing, essentially it just boils down to even though it works great, it's still a bot and can't take into consideration your character's race which alters your height or the possibility of getting stuck on some stairs. That's why I think the easiest thing to do would be to put some distance between it and the walls it hugs.

It has worked great outside of these two issues, i played around with it in riftseekers for days last month and the only issue I had was getting stuck on the lip of the stairs and no matter what i did i couldnt get my bot to med =P

I have two recommendations for MQ2 Nav that Maskoi suggested I post here, they are...

1. If possible have characters run down the center of all hallways, currently MQ2Nav hugs walls and that create's problems in zones that have "lumps" on the walls. Crypt of Decay is the zone I am speaking of in the rats, here is a picture of one of the lumps but it's kinda hard to see anything - http://i.imgur.com/08fBNbx.jpg

2. For similar reasons as the first issue, some zones with stairwells the character will hug the corner too sharply and get caught on the lip of the stairs.

Both of the above reasons are kinda the same thing, essentially it just boils down to even though it works great, it's still a bot and can't take into consideration your character's race which alters your height or the possibility of getting stuck on some stairs. That's why I think the easiest thing to do would be to put some distance between it and the walls it hugs.

It has worked great outside of these two issues, i played around with it in riftseekers for days last month and the only issue I had was getting stuck on the lip of the stairs and no matter what i did i couldnt get my bot to med =P

These are actually both mesh issues. You can just make the mesh avoid walls and the pathing algorithms will avoid the walls... otherwise the pathing algorithm has no idea where walls are except that it's where the mesh ends.

Gotta tune your mesh. Sorry there isn't a whole lot of documentation, you can try using the mark areas tool of the mesh generator to mark areas that should be avoided if you're having problems with specific geometry. For cornering, if you're turning too tight on corners you can try increasing the agent radius.

Path planning is actually an incredibly complex problem. I really doubt every path will be perfect without some fine tuning of the mesh by hand.

When my puller finds a mob he doesn't return to the group instead he just acts like a character does when he gets stuck (backs up then strafes to the side, backs up, then strafes to the side)

I don't get any error in the logs.

Zone is Crypt of Decay B in TBM

---edit---

Also an issue with this is if he doesn't make it back to camp when he releases he keeps moving around in the Guild lobby. IE, he pulls a mob and does the backing up strafe to the side thing a few times, it gets him killed too far from the group for a rez so he eventually releases to the guild lobby. In the guild lobby he will continue the same movements he was doing when he died.

Last edited:
When my puller finds a mob he doesn't return to the group instead he just acts like a character does when he gets stuck (backs up then strafes to the side, backs up, then strafes to the side)

I don't get any error in the logs.

Zone is Crypt of Decay B in TBM

---edit---

Also an issue with this is if he doesn't make it back to camp when he releases he keeps moving around in the Guild lobby. IE, he pulls a mob and does the backing up strafe to the side thing a few times, it gets him killed too far from the group for a rez so he eventually releases to the guild lobby. In the guild lobby he will continue the same movements he was doing when he died.

I don't know if that is an issue with MQ2Nav or some other macro/plugin. MQ2Nav only moves forward and turns, there isn't any strafe or backwards movement.

In scorched wood all i get is invalid nav destination over and over again with walking backwards and strafing sideways. Im using kissassist 9.2. Will have to just use mq2navigation for now

In scorched wood all i get is invalid nav destination over and over again with walking backwards and strafing sideways. Im using kissassist 9.2. Will have to just use mq2navigation for now

Both your MQ2Nav and KA are out of date, that issue has been addressed already.

- - - Updated - - -

If you have nav loaded and play in window mode and double click the bar of that window to maximize it eq crashes. Also if you /exit with mq2nav loaded you get debuf pop up about eq crashing.

If you resize the window (without double clicking) does it do it too? are you using Innerspace? Any other overlay software? Got a crash dump? I'll try to reproduce it but I have been running with innerspace all the time to try and catch those kinds of issues.

I don't know if that is an issue with MQ2Nav or some other macro/plugin. MQ2Nav only moves forward and turns, there isn't any strafe or backwards movement.

The strafeing and Backwards movement would be Kissassit when kissassist gets stuck. So, here's a break down of what's happening.

1. I turn him on and he finds a nearby mob. He runs to the mob like a fucking champ following MQ2 nav then breaks. - he doesn't seem to know how to get back to camp
2. Kissassist probably over rides MQ2 nav at this point and tells the character "You're stuck" so he starts backing up and strafing to the side.
3. The tank will not return to camp, die because the mobs beat him up and then when he releases into the Guild Lobby he still thinks he is in the other zone because Kissassist is still trying to get him unstuck.

Honestly, I am thinking this has to do with my zone being TBM - CodecayB and MQ2 Nav not realizing there is TWO CodecayB zones. One from Planes of Power, one from The Broken Mirror. I think it's getting confused and sending a hiccup here. It's just my intuition though. Could be kissassist hiccuping on this part too. One of you guys will probably actually need to go to this zone and test it out to see what's wrong rather than relying on my personal experience.

This is the only zone I have done any MQ2 nav testing in so far and everyone else seems like they've gotten it to work (I even seen someone with it working in another zone and it was amazing. I couldn't believe it was so good compared to what I am seeing in my zone).

Both your MQ2Nav and KA are out of date, that issue has been addressed already.

- - - Updated - - -

If you resize the window (without double clicking) does it do it too? are you using Innerspace? Any other overlay software? Got a crash dump? I'll try to reproduce it but I have been running with innerspace all the time to try and catch those kinds of issues.

No not running innerspace. Or any other overlay software it only happens when mq2nav is loaded. Yes it does happen if you resize it without double clicking.

When I crash with an MQ2Nav issue as of late it comes up with an Abort retry blah message and nothing else. If I click abort it crashes the game and no crash log is offered. I haven't tried anything other than abort. I've got a screen shot of the error I get if you need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back