• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2Nav

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread (4 Viewers)

Anyone else have a problem with a dead area of the screen? In the top left part of my screen, I can move my mouse over my pet window,and it won't allow me to click there at all. In fact, the EQ cursor turns into a regular windows cursor. Only does it when I have MQ2 running... so almost always. If I move the same window away from the area, I can click just fine.

unload mq2nav, the ui window tries to render but is stuck between foreground and background basically hides mouse in that spot, so what i do is unload mq2nav then /plugin mq2nav dont /nav showui... basically dont load the custom ui and you will be fine.

edit..
also once that ui window get like OP has you cant hide the ui or show the ui, only way to get it back is to unload and reload the plugin.

It's almost as though there's an invisible window that's on the top left part of my screen, preventing me from clicking on anything (monsters, interface, etc) in that region. Has anyone experienced this?
This issue only exists on one character. I can tab over to any other and the region of the screen works just fine.

MQ2Nav release thread
(Also, its no longer beta...)

Latest Release: https://github.com/brainiac/MQ2Nav/releases/latest (Click on the MQ2Nav-X.X.X.X.zip file)
Sourcecode on Github: https://github.com/brainiac/MQ2Nav

Improvements - MQ2Nav
  • New feature: active navigation path will now be displayed on the map if MQ2Map is loaded.
    • Color, layer and toggle added to MQ2Nav settings.
  • New feature: automatic door opening while following path
    • Door opening is only enabled while a path is actively being followed. Check out the "Door Handler Debug" UI to tweak behavior.
    • Current behavior is: click door every 2 seconds for any door with distance < 20. Check the "Door Handler Debug" to find tune the distance.

Improvements - MeshGenerator
  • New feature: Maximum Zone Extents
    • Some zones have geometry that exists far outside the normal zone area, leading to issues generating the mesh for that zone. Added a new feature that will filter out geometry that exists outside these maximum boundaries on certain zones. See NavMeshData for the list of existing zones that support this feature.
    • This feature has a checkbox to disable it in settings if you want to be a rebel and see the filtered out geometry.

Bug Fixes
  • Zones.ini: fix shortname for Chelsith Reborn.
  • Waypoints now use FloorHeight when calculating player position (if enabled in settings).

Bug Fixes
  • Fix crash when loading MQ2Nav while also running InnerSpace
  • Fix problem selecting zones that have duplicate names in the zone picker

Improvements
  • Use FloorHeight instead of Z for calculating spawn positions, should avoid some cases of "unable to find destination" problems.
    • This behavior can be disabled in the settings window of MQ2Nav if it causes problems

Also found a couple known issues:
* Navigation may not create a complete path if the target location is too far away
* Zones that have a lot of garbage beneath the geometry may product broken meshes. This is because there is a limit to the height of the mesh. If this happens, use the bounding box controls to bring the lower Y plane up higher.
* I noticed an issue where the bounding box controls may not save properly.

*NOTE* This version is not compatible with navmeshes made with previous versions. You will need to rebuild your meshes!
Please report any problems you find!

New Areas Tool
  • MeshGenerator can now define custom area types with cost modifiers. Access it from the Edit menu.
    • Define custom areas types, give them names, colors, and costs.
  • Convex Volume tool has been given an overhaul, lets you save the volumes and edit existing volumes.
    • Convex Volumes let you mark parts of the navmesh as different area types.
    • Areas define cost modifiers or can completely exclude areas of the mesh from navigation
    • Navigation will always use the lowest cost path. Mark areas with high cost to avoid them and low cost to prefer them. Default area cost is 1.0
Navmesh Format Changes
  • Due to many changes to the internal structure of the navmesh, old navmeshes will not load correctly. As a result, the navmesh compat version has been bumped up, so loading older meshes will give you an error.
  • Navmesh files now have their own extension: .navmesh
  • Navmesh files are now compressed for extra space savings
  • All modifications to the navmesh are now stored in the .navmesh file, so reopening a mesh will have all the changes that were made when the navmesh was created.
  • Tile size limit has been removed.
UI Changes
  • New theme applied to the UI in both the plugin and MeshGenerator
  • Completely redesigned MeshGenerator UI.
  • Adjusted the defaults of a couple navmesh parameters for better path finding behavior:
    • Reduced MaxClimb to 4.0 to avoid getting stuck on the edge of tall objects
    • Increased MaxSlope to 75 to allow traversal over steeper terrain.
  • Navmesh ingame path rendering has received a visual upgrade.
  • Revamp the ingame Waypoints UI, fixing several bugs
    • Added option to delete and rename waypoints
    • Fixed the order of the x,y,z coordinates in waypoints UI to match /loc
  • Improvements to how the in-game active navigation path line is rendered.
Misc Changes
  • Added feature to export/import settings as json files. This can be accessed through the "mesh" menu. By default these settings files well be put into <MQ2Dir>/MQ2Nav/Settings
  • Mesh Generator is now a 64-bit application.
  • Obligatory mention: fixed lots of bugs.
    • EOK Zones should now load all objects. Please note that performance is going to be pretty terrible, please have patience - i'm still working on improving handling large zones.
    • Fixed issues that would cause your character to get stuck running back and forth when running near edges of the navmesh
Command Changes
  • Fixed various /nav commands and made many improvements:
    • Removed /nav x y z, replaced with:
    • eq /loc coordinates: /nav loc y x z, /nav locyxz y x z
    • eq xyz coordinates: /nav locxyz x y z
    • Fixed issues with clicking items and doors when using /nav item or /nav door
  • Remove spam click behavior of /nav item/door as it didn't work right anyways
    • Added /nav spawn <text> - takes same parameters of Spawn TLO to do a spawn search
  • Added new forms of /nav commands. See the wiki for more info.

Links

Latest Release: https://github.com/brainiac/MQ2Nav/releases/latest

LIVE builds provided only. For Test please ask RG for an update or compile yourself.

Assortment of official documentation (help wanted!):

If you like this plugin please consider donating. I've spent hundreds of hours on this project and give it away for free!

Last edited:
Re: MQ2Nav 1.1.0 Release

huge, thank you so much. Now we can get started with the community nav mesh project!

ive been thinking about this too, but im still learning what each option does and how to make the mesh files see trees and ledges. any advice?

Just started playing with this so I have a lot to learn. I made a mesh file for Frontier Mountains in EoK, this has lead to a couple of questions. As you will see in the attached image that when I open the Frontier Mountain zone in the mesh generator the file seems to include almost 2/3 empty space. Is there anyway to remove the empty space?
`
FMmesh.JPG

The other question I have is; I normally use kissassist pullertank and let it decide who is in range to pull ect. When I set up today MQ2Nav didn't recognize the fence next to me as an object which could not be passed through. Is there any settings I can adjust in the mesh to cause MQ2Nav to see this as solid wall it needs to go around?

Thanks!

This is awesome!!! I can't wait to try this!

I'm traveling and won't get to try this for a day or two, but can anyone mention if the ISBoxer weirdness is still a thing in this version?

This is awesome!!! I can't wait to try this!

I'm traveling and won't get to try this for a day or two, but can anyone mention if the ISBoxer weirdness is still a thing in this version?

It should be fixed. If you still have issues let me know.

- - - Updated - - -

Just started playing with this so I have a lot to learn. I made a mesh file for Frontier Mountains in EoK, this has lead to a couple of questions. As you will see in the attached image that when I open the Frontier Mountain zone in the mesh generator the file seems to include almost 2/3 empty space. Is there anyway to remove the empty space?
`

The other question I have is; I normally use kissassist pullertank and let it decide who is in range to pull ect. When I set up today MQ2Nav didn't recognize the fence next to me as an object which could not be passed through. Is there any settings I can adjust in the mesh to cause MQ2Nav to see this as solid wall it needs to go around?

Thanks!

You can use the bounding box controls to reign in the size of the navmesh. What zone is the fence in and what is its /loc?

MQ2Nav 1.1.0 Release

I had an issue with the old version in katta (new kata zone). In the northwest corner I believe was a gazebo type structure. It was where then named mud man spawned. When I was using the mesh with default settings the bard would run into the base of the structure and get stuck against the wall. He would always try to path through it instead of around it. The base of the structure was about as tall as my bard. I was able to fix it by adding lev. This was the previous version but sounds kinda like what he's describing with the fence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the insight into the bounding box controls! As for the fence it's in Frontier Mountains - the one I'm referring to is at 3350, 3895, 191 and runs east to west. I've included an image below for reference:

fenceFM.JPG
To be more specific about what it is happening, the puller locates the nearest mob, which is on the other side of the fence. MQ2nav gives the message Invalid nav destination: x, y, z, the puller than moves slightly and tries to pull the same mob. Not even sure if this is solely related to the MQ2nav update or not, just suspect it as using the old MQ2Nav the puller plotted a path through the open gate in the fence if it was pulling from inside.

I really like this new version, Thanks for all your hard work in bringing it to us!

Last edited:

I had an issue with the old version in katta (new kata zone). In the northwest corner I believe was a gazebo type structure. It was where then named mud man spawned. When I was using the mesh with default settings the bard would run into the base of the structure and get stuck against the wall. He would always try to path through it instead of around it. The base of the structure was about as tall as my bard. I was able to fix it by adding lev. This was the previous version but sounds kinda like what he's describing with the fence.

Do let me know if this is still an issue and if it is, what the exact loc of that area is, I'll investigate it further.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the insight into the bounding box controls! As for the fence it's in Frontier Mountains - the one I'm referring to is at 3350, 3895, 191 and runs east to west. I've included an image below for reference:

To be more specific about what it is happening, the puller locates the nearest mob, which is on the other side of the fence. MQ2nav gives the message Invalid nav destination: x, y, z, the puller than moves slightly and tries to pull the same mob. Not even sure if this is solely related to the MQ2nav update or not, just suspect it as using the old MQ2Nav the puller plotted a path through the open gate in the fence if it was pulling from inside.

I really like this new version, Thanks for all your hard work in bringing it to us!

Invalid nav destination sounds like the macro needs to be updated. One of the breaking changes I made was the removal of "/nav x y z" you now have to specify "/nav loc x y z" etc. Thanks for the loc and screenshot, i'll check it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Mesh looks fine from my end, are you seeing something different in the mesh generator?

Screenshot 2017-02-20 11.36.14.png

- - - Updated - - -

Katta Castrum looks really messed up. Not sure why. The mesh doesn't seem to be covering any geometry at all.

Invalid nav destination sounds like the macro needs to be updated. One of the breaking changes I made was the removal of "/nav x y z" you now have to specify "/nav loc x y z" etc. Thanks for the loc and screenshot, i'll check it out.

He has to update kissassist or just find all instances of /nav x y z and change the first part to /nav loc

Also it should be /nav loc y x z using x y z spams invalid location.

Fantastic! Traveling for work and not home until this weekend-- can't wait to try it out. Will be interesting to see if a couple of tricky places I used to camp in Chardok work without heavy editing of the tiles there.

BTW using the skin "Maskoi" for the forum the following yellow text:

*NOTE* This version is not compatible with navmeshes made with previous versions. You will need to rebuild your meshes!

Is unreadable on the white background.

JJB

To fix kiss for the new MQ2Nav
find the 3 /nav x y z lines and change to /nav locxyz

Rich (BB code):
/nav ${CampXLoc} ${CampYLoc} ${CampZLoc}
to
Rich (BB code):
/nav locxyz ${CampXLoc} ${CampYLoc} ${CampZLoc}
and 2 instances of the following line
Rich (BB code):
/nav ${Spawn[${MyTargetID}].X} ${Spawn[${MyTargetID}].Y} ${Spawn[${MyTargetID}].Z}
to
Rich (BB code):
/nav locxyz ${Spawn[${MyTargetID}].X} ${Spawn[${MyTargetID}].Y} ${Spawn[${MyTargetID}].Z}

Thanks! I made the changes in the three lines of kissassist and now it's running acting properly when pulling!

brainiac I dropped a donation to you for all the work on the updated MQ2Nav:

Transaction ID: 8X02954032537861U

Is there a way to make it open doors along the path?
I did /nav target in pok for spell vendor. It ran correctly up the ramp but got stuck on the closed library door. when i opened it it got to the vendor correctly.

ETA on this compiled in update? I really don't feel like downloading and installing VS after all these years :)

Update
***Thanks Maskoi for pointing out what was in front of my face lol.***

Is there a way to make it open doors along the path?
I did /nav target in pok for spell vendor. It ran correctly up the ramp but got stuck on the closed library door. when i opened it it got to the vendor correctly.

Now that I've got this update out (primary focus was the dynamic and unwalkable areas feature) I'm going to start looking at automatic door functionality.

Speaking of which, two of the major changes in this update play together (on purpose):
* Removal of the tile limit
* New and improved mark areas tool

What you should be doing from now on is generate a full mesh that covers the whole zone, as there is no longer a limit to tiles. Instead of using really small tiles and then removing them in areas you want to avoid, look at the "Mark Areas Tool" as it will let you carve out shapes on the mesh. (Old version didn't do this right, new version nails it.) I'm also open to more suggestions on making these tools more useful.

For doors, I'm using POK as my playground (level 1 test characters ftw)

My test run on my wiz from guild lobby entrance up the ramp all the way to the wizzie vendor in the library was successful. it could never do that before. Only problem was he got stuck on the door but i opened manually and nav finished running him to the vendor.

My test run on my wiz from guild lobby entrance up the ramp all the way to the wizzie vendor in the library was successful. it could never do that before. Only problem was he got stuck on the door but i opened manually and nav finished running him to the vendor.

haha YES. that was one of the test runs I was using while doing work on improving the pathing.

- - - Updated - - -

Any chance this version will work with ISBOXER?

I fixed a bunch of issues and was able to get ISBoxer and MQ2Nav running together on my machine. Looking for independent confirmation but I believe it should work now.

I build mesh wrong, I miss a line somewhere to change for kiss? I'm getting this in FM when trying to pull some mobs. It pulls like normal but after every kill it spams this, waits a sec then seems to choose a new mob and pulls.

Invalid Loc.PNG

haha YES. that was one of the test runs I was using while doing work on improving the pathing.

- - - Updated - - -

I fixed a bunch of issues and was able to get ISBoxer and MQ2Nav running together on my machine. Looking for independent confirmation but I believe it should work now.

Donated!!

I've searched for the two lines I was supposed to change from and they are not in my Mac file (after the update). Maybe in an include?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idea: Auto orienting on the map region.

These are primarily convenience suggestions. Even if you are good at 3D orienting, tt can be a pain to center the map in large or complex maps like Chardok. A lot of turning of the 3D map to be able to center on the region of interest.

So, would be nice if one could:
  • Click on a map region so the it auto-centers or an oblique view one can 360 around. The spin around idea would lock the chosen point or region temporarily "0 0 0" to enable a fly-around
  • Type a location and the mapper would auto center on that in the Z axis, or give an oblique view .
  • (requires interface with character) Send location to mapper to do same as above so one doesn't have to. A "workaround" might be an MQ2Nav function that copies the loc into the clipboard that one could then paste into the mapper which would then center the map.

Again, more a convenience request than anything else.

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back