• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2Nav

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread (4 Viewers)

i can't seem to get mq2nav to load. I just changed computers and transferred all of my files from one to the other. Everything else seems to run fine, but /plugin mq2nav will not load :( I have redownloaded mq2nav by itself and replaced the file, and downloaded the vanilla compile and replaced everything. I'm stuck and could use some help please.

- - - Updated - - -

Suggestions? Ideas? I'm pulling my hair out.

i can't seem to get mq2nav to load. I just changed computers and transferred all of my files from one to the other. Everything else seems to run fine, but /plugin mq2nav will not load :( I have redownloaded mq2nav by itself and replaced the file, and downloaded the vanilla compile and replaced everything. I'm stuck and could use some help please.

- - - Updated - - -

Suggestions? Ideas? I'm pulling my hair out.

Is the plugin not loading or is it not finding the meshes? If I recall correctly there is a ini file that stores the path to your mesh files. When I moved the MQ2 directory on my computer I had to adjust the setting in that file. I am at work at the moment so cannot check the name/location of the file but I think it was in the release folder and named MQ2Nav.ini.

its the navmesh.ini i think that stores that info, if you delete that and run the mesh generator it will ask to map the map folder in the eq folder and the mq2 folder location

The plugin won't load at all. I will delete the navmesh.ini file when i get home from work and see if that fixes it. Thank you

if you are getting no error message about the plugin, you might just need to reinstall mq2, just use the updater and should be fine. If you do get an error message then let us know and we can assist.

- - - Updated - - -

erased meshgen.ini, reran meshgen and reassigned locations.
still can't load mq2nav.
I've used the updater, all files are up to date.
I have downloaded the current MQ2 from this site and manually copied all files into the mq folder, overwritting all content.
frustrating...

/plugin mq2nav
plugin 'mq2nav' could not be loaded
/plugin mq2nav unload
plugin 'mq2nav' not found

Last edited:
the meshgen.ini is only for the mesh making portion only not the plugin. cant unload a plugin that is not loaded. that is odd that it could not be loaded, you getting issues with any other plugins not loading?

every other plugin seems to load fine. I don't understand what's wrong. Is there a way to completely erase and uninstall everything, yet keep all of my INIs and loot files. I'm wondering if that would help. I didn't realize just how good NAV was until I started using it. There are so many places you just can't camp efficiently, if at all, without it.

- - - Updated - - -

I just don't get it...
I erased the entier folder. IDK if i need to uninstall it or something, but I erased everything. I redownloaded the new compile (which doesn't seem to contain an updater btw), made a new folder, started MQ2, clicked "Launch Clean", loaded my character in and... still can't load MQ2Nav.

- - - Updated - - -

downloading, installing, and updating the actual installer now, not just the files. Maybe that will work

- - - Updated - - -

STILL will not load MQ2Nav...:bang::bang::bang:
wtf

Attachments

• EQ000000.jpg
    EQ000000.jpg
    404.9 KB · Views: 10
directx9 and windows 10 do not play well together
i enabled legacy components and directplay, still isn't working.
Currently downloading and installing directx runtime optional components.

- - - Updated - - -

That did the trick. Thank you very much braniac!!

Last edited:
Ring of Scales - Sathir's Tomb, anyone able to find out why out of all the Ring of scales zone meshes "Sathir's Tomb is not listed? In game its listed as "charisisb". MQ2Nav lists charisis as follows:

The Howling Stone - charisis
The Howloing Stone -charisistwo

charisisb doesn't exsist but all the other meshes are available. thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I can't seem to find a guide on how to make run paths. I would like to if possible create a specific pull set so I know my SK will Only pull specific mobs in an open room. It won't really work to use Kiss Assist because Then I will pull everything of a specific type. Someone help me out to get this working right please :0

I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I can't seem to find a guide on how to make run paths. I would like to if possible create a specific pull set so I know my SK will Only pull specific mobs in an open room. It won't really work to use Kiss Assist because Then I will pull everything of a specific type. Someone help me out to get this working right please :0

this is not possible pr. default with mq2nav, unless you specifically made a pull.mac that only targetted the specific mobs you wanted, and then custom designed your nav mesh so it would pick some paths over others.

It's actually more for raid use when playing with a more hands on approach. So no macro's involved.

- - - Updated - - -

Wondered if you could actually do it in a small macro actually. You know, store x,y,z locs as a variable then move to x-20, y-20?

if you lose the ui due to zoning you need to unload and reload the plugin to cause the ui to punch through the everquest window, seems that when you zone it closes the UI and reopens it after zoning, wether the delay is not long enough or it is rendering while eq renders and basically the UI renders on the loading screen and thats why a mouse cursor shows up while hovering over the UI's old place before zoning. Short term fix is unload the plugin and reload it and the window should appear if not /nav ui and it should re show the UI.

I keep getting this in PoFire..

naverror.png

That picture is hard to read because I couldn't get a snip of the error before it got locked, but it's saying
Rich (BB code):
Assertion failed!

Program: C:\MQ2\mq2nav.dll
File: D:\Users\Trevor\work_local\VSTS\Very.../NavigationPath.h
Line:84

Expression: index < m_currentPathSize

QQ截图20180807155610.jpg
QQ截图20180807155555.jpg

As you can see, that is the part of Neriak Fourth Gate's mesh. The door passway has been recognized as a yellow brick wall somehow.

I tried to use the Area Tool to build a walkable block on there, but still not working. And also delete tiling won't works since you seems can not delete the yellow brick part.

Any thoughts on this? Thanks!

This is a limitation of the meshgenerator, and how it interacts with the maps that DBG has built, they sometimes put these invisible bricks in places that simulate things like spider webs, sunrays, etc. check out the mayors office in tbm, that one is insane.

So far i have not been able to figure out how to fix it, even with a negative agent width, it wont map through since its a block and mesh gen will cut off by the edge of the block.
Walkable blocks wont help as they need allready pathing to exist, to create a path, like if you have blocked with a non walkable path you can use walkable blocks to cut a path through it.

now if we could figure out how to open the zone files in blender, we could cut out these intrusive blocks and have meshgen can generate a custom mesh from that, but i think i am too dumb to figure that one out.

currently there is nothing to be done, unless someone went and built a system for using an ini to define certain keypoints that connect even if there is no mesh, and that would allow nav to pass through those keypoints.

As per brainiac, the "walkable" area is used in conjunction with "Not Walkable" area, you can draw a large non-walkable area and then through it draw a walkable path in order to maintain a set path to use in a specific area. While I personally can't think of a situation where I would actually use the mentioned method this was the intended purpose according to brainiac. Illusionary walls or objects that present as such (Spider webs for example) are simply not something you can navigate through at this time. If writing a macro navigate to the wall in question, then use MQ2MoveUtils /moveto command to pass through to the other side (As I had to do for tutorial.mac) and then issue the navigation command to resume using navigation. That is the only work around I know for the situation.

Also, it's good to see people are starting to use the area tools :-)

Having the same issue as ethereal above, never saw it before i ventured into pofire either. My error pop up matches theirs exactly. Seems to be random as it has occurred within 5 minutes of starting pulls and also after hours of pulling.

index < m_currentPathSize

Has anyone got any insight on this issue? is it specific to pofire?

I have had it in walls of slaughter before, and the instances in draniks scar. it's not zone specific, but was never able to replicate the issue.

My suggestion (and it comes from folks more experienced than me) is to fully unload your nav plugin, reload it, then start up your macro of choice for pulling. Gives Nav a clean slate as a "just in case"

After zoning (usually after death), my toons occasionally fail to reload a MQ2Nav mesh.

I have the same issue damn near everytime I zone.

I have to plugin MQ2Nav unload and reload it multiple times to get it to work.

Error messages:
Screen Shot 09-21-18 at 12.38 AM.PNG

These commands were used after I generated a fresh mesh. It took a few times to get it to load right. This happens almost everytime I zone.

Also getting this when I try to reload it sometimes:
Screen Shot 09-21-18 at 01.51 AM.PNG

Last edited:
I'm curious if others experience this, or know why some portal stones in PoK can't be nav'd to, and it seems to be erratic by patch. Sometimes I can fix the problem by recreating my mesh, other times nothing seems to fix it until the next DBG patch and updated offsets perhaps? I haven't checked since last patch, but I wasn't able to nav to the nexus stone, it would put a box around it, but wouldn't path to it. I also had issues with another stone I'm spacing on at the moment.

In addition, I've got one character that won't path at all to any destination in the bazaar after meshing it. it will spin to face the target, but won't path, and won't show a nav line either. It will show the EQ default snake squiggle which I can manually follow however. No other characters have this issue. I'm not sure that I've verified that it's character and not account specific, I'll see if I can check that when I get home next. I'll also play with this a bit more and see if I can add any additional comments or specifics.

Another problem I'm having with the meshgenerator in Natimbi is that there's no Z elevation limiter in the mesh generator, but my meshes in Natimbi are all cut off at a set elevation, and will not mesh anything above that, so the top of the main knob center of zone, and the high ridges to the one side are all inaccessible to the mq2nav function, as it simply can't find a mesh there. The remainder of the mesh works as intended, but multiple runs, fiddling with settings etc, have had no effect on the mesh that's generated above that elevation. Ideas?

@brainiac is working on MQ2Nav this week, if you know of any bugs or have any ideas please submit them here:
https://github.com/brainiac/mq2nav/issues

Just to add to this, I'm looking to build out a backlog so that i can pull tasks to work from it. My previous workflow was just too disorganized so I always kept losing track of the things I was going to work on.

No matter how big or small, If you have ideas or suggestions please post them on github issues. I will be using the list to figure out what stuff I can work on when I have time.

I am having the same problem mentioned earlier regarding unreadable fonts when opening the Mesh Generator. It works fine on an ACER laptop, but not on the Dell Alienware laptop. I didn't see any verified solutions, sorry if I missed it. Help?

I will try and quote from previous to clarify. This is what I also see when opening Mesh Generator.

I am back after a long break from EQ.

I am trying to setup everything to include EQ. I launched the Mesh Generator pointed to the correct directories and launched it as admin. This is what it looks like when the program launches:

View attachment 12609

I am assuming I do not have libraries installed that are needed to render fonts.

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back