• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Guide - EverQuest Endgame Guide [Almar's Guides] (1 Viewer)

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,102¢
Pronouns
He/Him
Last edited:
Thanks for this, Almar's stuff is great. This is very timely as I'll be finally hitting 105 on my 6 box today! Took forever as I did it from level 1.

I think a lesser known Aug set for DPS and even tanks that is pretty important are the bash/kick/frenzy/flying kick type 3s from SoD progression. Its actually pretty hard to find any write ups on a lot of those older quets and more importantly what they lead to now as opposed to the rewards valued back then.
Same goes for older spells that are still used today, like ench twin cast aura. A guide for usable spells/disc/aura between 75-100 would probably be helpful for people who start using a toon at 105 they purchased from the bazaar here!
Just throwin stuff out there

I think a lesser known Aug set for DPS and even tanks that is pretty important are the bash/kick/frenzy/flying kick type 3s from SoD progression. Its actually pretty hard to find any write ups on a lot of those older quets and more importantly what they lead to now as opposed to the rewards valued back then.
Same goes for older spells that are still used today, like ench twin cast aura. A guide for usable spells/disc/aura between 75-100 would probably be helpful for people who start using a toon at 105 they purchased from the bazaar here!
Just throwin stuff out there

There's some of these for LDoN too - aren't there?

Also, how much of a DPS difference do they actually make? I always got the dodge (Icy prism of avoidance) but I never got the ones for melee DPS as I was unsure of the upgrades they provided

This is something that has come up time and again within my guild as well.. Do the bash/kick/flying kick augs, which ARE stackable, add their dmg before or after focusing / crit? Multiplies or adds to the top?

That being said, tanks usually have a few type 3 slots open anyway, since there arent enough type 3's to fill our every slot for TDS, and including the POW 10% dodge as well as the alaran tear...

Reason being, the top (glowing, greater) type 3 kick/bash/flying kick augs require SoD raiding to be completed before you can buy them from Zeb.. so there's a bit of work involved, and some of these raids require a group of people...most are not really boxable due to whats required... blackburrow being a prime example - need ppl all over the zone to beat down the totems... etc etc..

Last edited:
This is something that has come up time and again within my guild as well.. Do the bash/kick/flying kick augs, which ARE stackable, add their dmg before or after focusing / crit? Multiplies or adds to the top?

That being said, tanks usually have a few type 3 slots open anyway, since there arent enough type 3's to fill our every slot for TDS, and including the POW 10% dodge as well as the alaran tear...

Reason being, the top (glowing, greater) type 3 kick/bash/flying kick augs require SoD raiding to be completed before you can buy them from Zeb.. so there's a bit of work involved, and some of these raids require a group of people...most are not really boxable due to whats required... blackburrow being a prime example - need ppl all over the zone to beat down the totems... etc etc..

There's a lot of confusion in Everquest too when it comes to what stuff does and to what affect.

As an example, I still meet people that think Spell Damage does a lot. And I don't mean the people who think it's only useful for rains, I mean the people that think spell damage is worth focusing on or getting over literally anything else.

http://everquest.wikia.com/wiki/Spell_Damage_(Equipment_Stat)

If they just took like 10 seconds to do the math they'd see it's pretty much a completely pointless attribute. If the melee augs are like spell damage I couldn't see them warranting the time spent versus what you get out of it.

There's a lot of confusion in Everquest too when it comes to what stuff does and to what affect.

As an example, I still meet people that think Spell Damage does a lot. And I don't mean the people who think it's only useful for rains, I mean the people that think spell damage is worth focusing on or getting over literally anything else.

http://everquest.wikia.com/wiki/Spell_Damage_(Equipment_Stat)

If they just took like 10 seconds to do the math they'd see it's pretty much a completely pointless attribute. If the melee augs are like spell damage I couldn't see them warranting the time spent versus what you get out of it.

Man, I wish this wasn't true. They have secondary stats that sound so good, but do nothing... and then they have seccondary stats that sound meh but are essentially everything. You'd think they could balance out the secondaries so that you could specialize a character or something...

No I wouldn't say the SoD Augs are necessary but when we are talking about what to do once you're maxed aa... I'd absolutely say if you have free type 3 slots which zerk monk and tanks will have...why not go check out some old progression and fill them out anyway? Yes hero's aa and trials etc are more useful. It's not a top priority thing like artisans Aug, the tear or dodge Augs. I can't say what dps it ads since I haven't parsed them out since it's kind of a pain to remove them (perfect Aug distiller only), but I'd imagine frenzy is still pretty important to a zerk. If you're maxed on everything... there's always something to do to improve!

Guide - EverQuest Endgame Guide [Almar's Guides]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back