• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Nostalgia Leveling (1 Viewer)

dhew

RedCents
500¢
I made a bard and necro on Xegony server and would like some recommendations on how to level them best. I'll use a cleric merc I suppose. I'm new to the live servers and would like a nostalgic experience. I don't care to just level as fast as possible, but more like as fun as possible.

I mean, everyone's version of what is nostalgic will vary, right? I didn't start in EQ until 2002-2003, so my leveling route back then would be different from someone who started 3-4 years before, or 2-3 years after.

What experience are you looking for?

Sadly a nostalgic version of 1999 would need vast amounts of players.

No experience is the same without regular trains to the zone in any zone worth mentioning!

My own version of events went something like this:

Neriak forest to about level 10
West commonlands hunting willowisps for the invaluable light stones
Then on to Northern Ro to hunt at bandit camps, followed by a run to high pass hold.
From there it was on to karana, and then to South karana for some massively overcamped aviaks.
Lake rathe followed, with some infrequent visits to kill Giants and cyclops.

It blurs at that point, but gun started to become a thing around the 40s, and then on to sol b for the last stretch to 50.

http://almarsguides.com/eq/

the above is probably the most cohesive discussion on areas to level, with a variety of different options and some specifics for each area / path.

Allakhazam also has a page that is zones by level to let you look for good places to hunt for a given level.

The hero's quest I've been told works well in that it gears you up relatively well as you go.

The issue with the "nostalgia" leveling is that it was more community and less content. Karnor's is not nearly as much fun when you don't see the shouts for trains every 5 min, or the same for Old Sebilis, or etc. and soloing as a necro in Plane of Decay or Halls of Honor or Plane of Fire is less exciting when you're the only one in the zone...

Check out Project 1999 if you really want to experience classic EQ. The noob areas are full of players and it's great fun! Just like EQ was back when it first came out minus all the easymode stuff they started gradually putting in. No MQ2 stuff allowed however. They catch you quickly if you try that. /cheers

you might try the heroes journey quest line. It is not exactly the same as old school but it give great rewards and i found it to be a ton of fun when i came back 2 years ago.

Nostalgia Leveling

Users who are viewing this thread

Back