• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - What files to salvage when doing a EQ game reload? (1 Viewer)

playbetter

RedCents
957¢
Has the files that have our hotkeys and game configuration ever been listed? I recently did a game reload and would greatly appreciate a comprehensive list to get my game back to running smooth.

I want these numbers back.
EQnumbrs170207.JPG

Thanks in advance,
Playbetter

Not completely sure what you are looking for but... in Windows Explorer you can search your everquest folder for .ini files. I know your UI layout is located in a file called UI_charactername_servername.ini and your socials are in a file called charactername_servername.ini
there are also a couple of files that begin with eq**** that contain settings for more general things.

lol not sure you will ever see those numbers again but you can grab your userdata directory as well as what hooser said, what I do it make a backup copy, do a reinstall, then move my player data by hand back.... about once a year. I am seeing numbers over a gig per toon right now....

Not completely sure what you are looking for but... in Windows Explorer you can search your everquest folder for .ini files. I know your UI layout is located in a file called UI_charactername_servername.ini and your socials are in a file called charactername_servername.ini
there are also a couple of files that begin with eq**** that contain settings for more general things.

That is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks Hoosierbilly.

lol not sure you will ever see those numbers again but you can grab your userdata directory as well as what hooser said, what I do it make a backup copy, do a reinstall, then move my player data by hand back.... about once a year. I am seeing numbers over a gig per toon right now....

OVER A GIG !?!?!?!!? damn.....I will be two boxing then. And yes! I did have a backup of it all now which "player data" files to move back. These numbers were taken 02/07/17 and I WILL get them back oh Wizened Wiz Master. Challenge accepted.

Also...................
Hotkeys?
Where did I set the red stickman again?

Thanks all,
Playbetter

socials are the buttons on your hotbars... hotkeys same thing?!?
red stickman wasn't there an additional file to add to your everquest directory that caused that? I don't use it so only vaguely remember.

I know you can a blank text file called nosound.txt to your eq directory folder to silence the game. Silent obedience that's what I require.... Please don't tell my wife/girlfriend I said that.

Tech - What files to salvage when doing a EQ game reload?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back