• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - holy/down question! (1 Viewer)

ac1dgenocide

RedCents
743¢
I'm trying to get gmail to notify me when a certain NPC i'm after spawns.

Rich (BB code):
/if (${Spawn.Name.Equal[EXAMPLE+NPC_NAME_HERE]}) /multiline ; /plugin MQ2Gmail unload ; /plugin MQ2Gmail ; /gmail "Spawn!"

I figured this with petes TLO excel thing.

I've got it on a holyflag and i've been trying to test that it works or not and I can't get any results... what am I doing wrong?
I have the holyflag=on and then holyflag=CODE_ABOVE

I did the multiline stuff because someone posted it as a fix on the mq2gmail thread. I was having problems with it giving me an Error SMTP session.

Last edited:
Not sure off syntax but you want a downflag for non combat checking. Otherwise the code will not be checked.

Do you get an email if you manually do a /gmail "test"
??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not knowing how the gmail plugin works, but since MQ2Melee is going to try to hammer that command some 6+ times a second... are you going to have one full ass mailbox if a spawn occurs setting it up like that?

Going off what Warlock said, I'd recommend setting up a variable that you can turn on/off with your holies as well, so you're not being spammed with hundreds/thousands of emails when something spawns.

Rich (BB code):
downflagx=1
downshitx=/if (!${Defined[MySpawnTrackerVariable]}) /declare MySpawnTrackerVariable global
downflagy=1
downshity=/if (${Spawn.Name.Equal[EXAMPLE+NPC_NAME_HERE]} && ${MySpawnTrackerVariable}=0) /multiline ; /varset MySpawnTrackerVariable=1 ; /plugin MQ2Gmail unload ; /plugin MQ2Gmail ; /gmail "Spawn!"
downflagz=1
downshitz=/if (!${Spawn.Name.Equal[EXAMPLE+NPC_NAME_HERE]} && ${MySpawnTrackerVariable}=1) /varset MySpawnTrackerVariable=0

They do, in order:

Declare variable for usage in shits
If spawn is up and variable isn't set to 1/"on", set variable to 1/"on" and send an email.
If spawn is down and variable is set to 1/"on", set variable to 0/"off"

This would prevent you from getting spammed out by emails. There's likely a more elegant solution to the issue, but I've been away from RG/EQ for quite a few months and am a bit rusty.

As for your original question, try copy/pasting portions of your shits into the game to test them.

Try out an "/echo ${Spawn.Name.Equal[EXAMPLE+NPC_NAME_HERE]}" to see what the output is when the mob is or isn't up.
Try pasting the "/multiline ; /plugin MQ2Gmail unload ; /plugin MQ2Gmail ; /gmail "Spawn!"" into your window to see if it functions outside the shit.

Edit: I just noticed in your post you refer to having the holyflag=on and then holyflag=code above? Was that a mistype? You should have a holyflag# and a holyshit# that correspond to one another.

awesome! so... my Gmail multi line works.

the
Rich (BB code):
/echo ${Spawn.Name.Equal[EXample]}
just returns NULL.

nor does
Rich (BB code):
/echo (${Target.Name.Equal[Actual_Current_NPC_Target_Name]})
.....well this one returns FALSE but I do have the NPC targeted that I named.

It appears
Rich (BB code):
/echo (${Target.DisplayName.EqualCS[EXAMPLE_NPC]})
is the magic one I need. Thanks the help!

I just noticed in your post you refer to having the holyflag=on and then holyflag=code above? Was that a mistype? You should have a holyflag# and a holyshit# that correspond to one another
yes that was a mis type.

- - - Updated - - -

my experience with coding is veryyyy little...

I keep getting a failed to parse /if condition '(TRUE && 1=0)'. non-numeric encountered.

Here's what I've meshed it down to so far.

Rich (BB code):
downshit3=/if (!${Defined[MySpawnTrackerVariable]}) /declare MySpawnTrackerVariable global
downshit4=/if (${Target.DisplayName.EqualCS[EXAMPLE_NPC]} && ${MySpawnTrackerVariable}=0) /multiline ; /varset MySpawnTrackerVariable=1 ; /plugin MQ2Gmail unload 

; /plugin MQ2Gmail ; /gmail "Spawn!"
downshit5=/if (${Target.DisplayName.EqualCS[EXAMPLE_NPC]} && ${MySpawnTrackerVariable}=1) /varset MySpawnTrackerVariable=0

I get no errors with downshit3=1 but the other 2 I start getting parse fails.

Last edited:
Just a thought here but....Have you looked into the plugin MQ2SpawnMaster?

It has an option on what to do when it detects a spawn. Then you can use ingame commands/bc commands for editing what makes it great there on as opposed to editing a ini

Just a thought here but....Have you looked into the plugin MQ2SpawnMaster?

It has an option on what to do when it detects a spawn. Then you can use ingame commands/bc commands for editing what makes it great there on as opposed to editing a ini

holy shit sir. I havn't. I did not know this existed. Thanks for the info

that solves it. Added the multiline under [settings] in the mq2spawnmaster INI. Thanks so much!

On another note. Its been fun learning ab it about mq2. Perhaps I could start here. Do you have any insight as to what I was doing wrong with the downflags?

Your issue is syntax. Try this instead:

downshit3=/if (!${Defined[MySpawnTrackerVariable]}) /declare MySpawnTrackerVariable int global 0
downshit4=/if (${Target.DisplayName.EqualCS[EXAMPLE_NPC]} && ${MySpawnTrackerVariable}==0) /multiline ; /varset MySpawnTrackerVariable 1 ; /plugin MQ2Gmail unload

; /plugin MQ2Gmail ; /gmail "Spawn!"
downshit5=/if (${Target.DisplayName.EqualCS[EXAMPLE_NPC]} && ${MySpawnTrackerVariable}==1) /varset MySpawnTrackerVariable 0

There were two issues with the syntax.
1.) When performing an evaluation you must use double equals instead of a single equals. Ex. use "==" and not "=".... /if (${MySpawnTrackerVariable}==1)
2.) When setting a variable using /varset, no equals sign should be used. Ex. /varset MySpawnTrackerVariable 0

Question - holy/down question!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back