• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Quest turn ins through EQBC (1 Viewer)

RedCents
167¢
soo here's a question. When 6 boxing and doing quests instead of tabbing to each box and doing a turn how would I go about this through EQBC with the following item example? Pickup out of bags 3 zombie bile samples and hand them to dark alchemist Illian Is there something reasonable I can type out or would I have to know the bag slot number?

So Ok that gets me most of the way there with a couple hotkeys but my problem is the character I'm driving then just sends a message to the other guys to pick up an item from the same inventory slot

So First I have an assist me hotkey
/bcg //assist ${Me}

Then my open all bags hotkey
/bcga //keypress OPEN_INV_BAGS

Then the pickup the item hotkey

/bcga //shift /itemnotify ${FindItem[=ITEM NAME].InvSlot} leftmouseup

This works on the character I drive but he same inventory slot number to everyone
https://puu.sh/tQgqv/16f9c8e790.png

Maybe I should just make a macro that takes an argument of an item name and does all these steps?

The reason is that it's telling your other character the wrong slot is Mq is parsing the command and converting it to what ever the controlling toons slot is before sending it on. I honestly don't know a fix for that other than the macro you mention.

Would be interested if someone else knew away to send variables with out your local client parsing and changing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be interested if someone else knew away to send variables with out your local client parsing and changing them.
Look
Look at my whoHAS.mac
You cant use /bca or /bcg to do it, you must use /bct then you can 'escape' via \ right after the $ to ask the toon you are telling to do the function.

/nomodkey /itemnotify "${FindItem[Zombie Bile]}" rightmouseup

/bct YourToon //nomodkey /itemnotify "$\{FindItem[Zombie Bile]}" rightmouseup

It's ${Cursor.Name} for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Next question,

So now that we've had all the guys give the stuff without tabbing to their screen, is there a TLO for the quest window so I can tell them to tell me what steps they have on a particular quest?

Question - Quest turn ins through EQBC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back