• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Contest February Public Contest: Post & Win! 171814? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,123¢
Pronouns
He/Him
1UeEHEK[1].jpg
Image stolen from the beloved YouTube series.

This February RedGuides is bringing back contests! Open to the public, feel free to tell your guild. Simply post in this thread for a chance to win. If you'd like a shot at the grand prize, please tell us:

To enter, post something about EverQuest or your favorite breakfast, or comment on someone else's post. Example:

paladin01: My favorite clicky is the Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring.
druidluvr: I love toast.
shaman69: You guys have great taste!

Prize List:

• bridle-of-queen-velazuls-sokokar-icon.png
    Grand Prize! Premium Edition: Empires of Kunark Expansion. (upgrade or new)
    succulent-familiar-icon.png

• Standard Edition: Empires of Kunark Expansion.
  • TWO KRONO for one lucky winner.
  • TWO KRONO for one lucky winner.
  • One Krono for one lucky winner.
  • Avatar change (from redcent shop)
  • Color username (from redcent shop)
  • 1 Month of Redguides Level 2 access for you or a friend. Enjoy MQ2 compiles, the internet's largest collection of macros, private strategies, and a great community.

Rules:
No purchase necessary. No more entries after February 28th, 11:59 PM PST.
Drawing will be held in-game on the Vox server, by use of /random. Time & location of the /random will be posted after contest ends, you are welcome to attend.
One reply only, please. Multiple replies (and therefore multiple entries) are allowed so long as you are carrying on a normal on-topic conversation.
Shipping of physical items is to USA only, an alternate prize will be selected if we can't get it to you.
Posting with multiple accounts, or screwing with the contest will lead to certain doom.

By the way, check out our FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/RedGuides

The loots from EoK are awesome for newly returned warrior. Also for breakfast, McDonald's Sausage Biscuit.

17-18-14 =-15

Last edited:
Way back in the year 1718 there were 14 Puritans sitting around a dusty old hut with nothing to do. So they took turns going outside and hiding clues for the others to find, to quest for.... they passes the time for years and years with this game and the quests were never ending, one might even say they were Ever Quests! oh and I ate Cherry Poptarts for Breakfast cause I was busy at my computer taking over Norath!

One of my favorite eq memories was during PoP. There was a mean huge spider in Plane of Air that was one of 4 (I think) bosses to kill to get to Xegony. My guild somehow wiped on that boss and I survived and started tanking/kiting the spider around while they were able to rez everyone back up and re-engage. Even though I was an sk and not the best kiter I became the default kited on any event that needed it.

One of my favorite eq memories was during PoP. There was a mean huge spider in Plane of Air that was one of 4 (I think) bosses to kill to get to Xegony. My guild somehow wiped on that boss and I survived and started tanking/kiting the spider around while they were able to rez everyone back up and re-engage. Even though I was an sk and not the best kiter I became the default kited on any event that needed it.

Holy shit, dude ... I did basically the exact same thing as a bard!! Haha

Best breakfast on the planet ... rice, corned beef hash, and scrambled eggs with jalape?o ketchup. Boom.

The Herder's Way

• Just do it... for 5min... now.
  • You can get bitter or get better
  • The only thing entitled/owed to you is your choice on how to feel, think and react.

One of my best/worst memories is a flotilla of pirates I came upon while exploring as a noob around 1999 or so.They handed my ass to me Bad, but I vowed to enjoy soloing them one day. Did it just the other day laughing like a hyena on crack the whole time. I was crazier than a runned over dog but I got that off my list of things to do.......

Oatmeal with peanut butter and a splash of sugar free syrup for breakfast. Surprising what you can convince yourself you like if you think it is good for you.

As always,
Playbetter

Holy shit, dude ... I did basically the exact same thing as a bard!! Haha

Best breakfast on the planet ... rice, corned beef hash, and scrambled eggs with jalape?o ketchup. Boom.

Like mixed up together or separately on the plate? I just can't see rice and hash being good mixed up.

Way back in the year 1718 there were 14 Puritans sitting around a dusty old hut with nothing to do. So they took turns going outside and hiding clues for the others to find, to quest for.... they passes the time for years and years with this game and the quests were never ending, one might even say they were Ever Quests! oh and I ate Cherry Poptarts for Breakfast cause I was busy at my computer taking over Norath!

now thats some creativity there lol

Best breakfast Monster 7 days a week!

Edit: still confused with this 17 18 14 , maybe its just best to stay confused

Last edited:
Bob Evans sunshine skillet is best breakfast ever. eggs/sausage/potatoes/gravy/cheese all mixed together.

My favorite memory of EQ:
Killing in Bastion of Thunder, way back in the day, the mage in the group leveled and just had to try his new charm spell. He managed to charm a lower level elemental and it was awesome. He give the elemental buffs and pet toys and bragged about being able to solo the mobs. It was total amazing for about two minutes, then charm broke and before anyone could blink the mage was dead. I laughed so hard...

Edit: 17 right, 18 left, 14 right... open Top Secret panty draw...

breakfast, bacon topped with bacon surrounded with bacon, throw in a half a dozen eggs and some more bacon.
the best thing ever in eq was the elementals taking over paw.

Like mixed up together or separately on the plate? I just can't see rice and hash being good mixed up.

You evidently aren't from Hawaii :) (to be fair, neither am I... just moonlighted there for about 10 years)

When I was johnny superworkout my breakfast was 3 eggs and rice every single morning. I never had the bacon (too greasy/fatty), never had the ham (looked shifty), and avoided this Filipino stuff they seemed to make ALL THE DAMN TIME (mystery meat). The only breakfast meat I'd indulge myself with was the corned beef hash. It wasn't special (same old shit from the hormel cans you can get literally anywhere), but I love it. I would also occasionally get the spam (don't judge me).

The corned beef hash went in its own little Styrofoam container section, the eggs went on top of the rice, and I put grapes in the remaining area to snack on throughout the morning. Mystery solved :)

My Favorite memory of EQ was when I first made it to Highpass back in like 01, I never had maps then was still completely clueless about EQ. Never did make it to the keep for 1 week was so lost that I refused to go there again for about 5 years after that moment lol.

my favorite moment was getting MGB on my cleric. Hitting up the MGB hotspot (nexus stone) in PoK and blasting everyone with Temp or whatever it was back then...

took me a year or so to realize that I was a god awful cleric so I made my rogue my main...

sorry for all the bad heals people!

My favorite EQ moment was when I first started. I started EQ with the pcgamer demo disk, this was during velious and the demodisk was two weeks on a temporary server so the only people on the server were people who didn't know what they were doing. It was a great experience.

I got asked for "sow" my first few days day playing back in 99. Told him I didn't have a spell named "sow", cast spirit of wolf on my self... and ran off.
Acronyms weren't my strong point at the time.

My favorite EQ memory:

I used to play on Vallon Zek and my bard was known as a griefer. Funny thing was I was not even 10 years old at the time. Back then, charm was able to be used on players, so I would sit in Lower Guk with a fishbone earring on. As players came into the water, that would lead from the first hallway to the Bedroom spawn, I would charm them and have their characters sit down. Charm would be a 60 second duration, whereas their breath bar was not even close to 60 seconds.

Players would drown in the seemingless harmless waters, and I would get such a kick out of it.

Yes, I am evil.

For 17-18-14 the riddle is simple.

There once was a woman who's name was Nola (seen at the 17 second mark of the video.) Nola was only 17 years of age when she got pregnant. Every one told Nola she should abort her baby, but she just couldn't do it. She knew she could be a good mom, and she was. Nola gave birth, as a single mom, and named him after her father, Brad.

In 1989, Brad turned 18 years old, and a word was imprinted into his mind, somehow through divine intervention: VENRIL SATHIR.

Brad didn't know what it meant, until 11 years later. One year after creating Everquest, Brad was looking through his old notebooks and saw the mention of Venril Sathir. Venril Sathir became a known antagonist within his Ruins of Kunark expansion.

14 months after Brad left SOE/Verant, he joined the Redguides community, under the alias, Maskoi.

I have been to the trees in your Sig on the North Shore Sum1 =). Had some great breakfast burritos at VJ's North SHore Burgers and Dogs.

To be fair, I just pullled that .gif from somewhere ... it's not really Oahu (that I know of).

I've never been to VJ's before, but I also didn't spend a ton of time on the North Shore, either. That area is dominated by overbearing surfers and these superhotties that worship the ground the d-bag surfers walk on, even though they treat them like crap. It's the weirdest shit. But if we're talking about badass breakfast spots ...

#1 worldwide - First Awakenings (Monterey, CA)
#1 pacific region - King's Diner (Guam)
#1 Hawaii - I forget the name at the moment, but half the items had the Hawaiian word for "weed" in it and they put melted macadamia nut ice cream on pancakes ... which was fucking awesome (Kailua, HI)

#1 Hawaii - I forget the name at the moment, but half the items had the Hawaiian word for "weed" in it and they put melted macadamia nut ice cream on pancakes ... which was fucking awesome (Kailua, HI)

Pakalolo. Not sure where in Kailua would be macadamia nut ice cream on pancakes. Maybe Times Coffee Shop, Koa Pancake House, Boots & Kimos, or Cinnamons.

Favorite breakfast would be french toast, hash browns, and sausage - damn won't see that again if my wife has her way now that I'm on a low carb - read no carb diet - UGH!

The great new mystery 17 - 18 - 14 ... In the year 2017 - Everquest has it's 18th Anniversary - having been taken over in only 14 months by the Monster Crush Edition of KissAssist!

Close, but;

20(17)
(18)th anniversary
(14)th being Valentines day

Maskoi will love us long time and release the Kraken. There has been much planned for 2017 that he has been hinting to several times last year. BRING THE HYPE!

Gimmie that Country Omelet smother in Sausage Gravy and a hot cup of Black coffee.

Pakalolo. Not sure where in Kailua would be macadamia nut ice cream on pancakes. Maybe Times Coffee Shop, Koa Pancake House, Boots & Kimos, or Cinnamons.

Boots!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shit, that's the place! Line out the door if you get there after 7am! (mostly Japanese tourists, but whatever)

Koa is good, too. Cinnamons is a chain, I think, so while good it's not exciting.

Boots for breakfast and (outside the scope of this contest) Kalapawai market for lunch... mmmmmm. Spot over in 'nalo was $$$ for lunch, too. Sweet Home Waimanalo :)

Okay, okay... I'm done responding to this stuff for realz now!

My first botting experience was with a program called Xylobot. Anyone else remember that one?

As for breakfast. I have a place around here that makes an awesome breakfast pizza: a cheesy sauce, scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, breakfast sausage, etc. on a pizza crust. Delish!

My favorite breakfast is Batwing Crunchies before putting my lucky pair of cloth pants on my head.

I got asked for "sow" my first few days day playing back in 99. Told him I didn't have a spell named "sow", cast spirit of wolf on my self... and ran off.
Acronyms weren't my strong point at the time.

Honestly i did something similar but it was because it was on voice chat. I call SoW sow, like sowing seeds, that's how it's pronounced to me. Saying "Ess Oh Double U" is also acceptable. But some people call it Souww.. Or... I don't even know how to type it honestly. It sounds like someone is saying sow but end up having a stroke mid word and they end up saying souu.

I was so confused until it was explained to me that what they were trying to say is SoW.

Honestly i did something similar but it was because it was on voice chat. I call SoW sow, like sowing seeds, that's how it's pronounced to me. Saying "Ess Oh Double U" is also acceptable. But some people call it Souww.. Or... I don't even know how to type it honestly. It sounds like someone is saying sow but end up having a stroke mid word and they end up saying souu.

I was so confused until it was explained to me that what they were trying to say is SoW.

sow like the pig.

17th Expansion - House of Thule was one of my Favorites, I played for the entirety of the expansion getting almost every achievement
18th Expansion - Viel of Alaris... going down that dumb staircase of doom, to a stupid progression system learning a language to train in AA... made me quit EQ til for pretty much 2-3 years.
14th Expansion - Secrets of Faydwer brought me back to EQ after being gone for over 2 years. What a great expansion, and brought me full steam back into the Everquest world.

My weridest moment when first on voice chat in a raid was someone actually pronouncing oom. like meditations ommm. It took me a sceond before i knew what the dude was saying

Contest February Public Contest: Post & Win! 171814?
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back