• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Any way to bypass Launcher now a days? (1 Viewer)

TheEld3r

RedCents
389¢
Been having lots of issues with launcher since I returned. I know we use to be able to bypass it can we still do so?

There are a few ways.

1. Create a shortcut of eqgame.exe
2. Use WinEQ
3. Use ISBoxer

For single-boxing just making a shortcut of eqgame.exe should be sufficient.

In your Everquest directory right click on "eqgame.exe" and select "Create Shortcut". This should create a new file called "eqgame - Shortcut".
Now right-click that and select "Properties". In the Target box, after eqgame exe, add a space then type patchme
Before: C:\Games\EQLive\eqgame.exe
After: C:\Games\EQLive\eqgame.exe patchme
If your directory structure has spaces, then there should be quotes around everything in the target box, just add the patchme after the last quote..

If boxing, I would suggest using either WinEQ2.0 or ISBoxer and set it up with the patchme parameters.

A caveat to this is when there is a patch, you will have to use the launcher on any installed EQ directories to let the patch process, then you can go back to this method.

I like to use the MQ2 autologin to launch my characters (its great for when a character crashes too because it gets them logged all the way into the game)

Right click on MQ2 -> Profiles -> create new. Set the path to your eq.exe. You can make a bunch of characters under one profile set and launch the whole set and it will have all of those characters pop into game.

https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/24878-MQ2AutoLogin

Just use the mq2 icon by your timeclock
right click > profiles > launch clean

Launch Clean has a checkmark by it but just ignore that, the checkmark does not mean it is an 'option' that is enabled it just means you can use it to launch an eqclient

I do recommend setting up profiles like toric said but if you dont want to do that you can still use it to launch an eqclient without going thru patcher

Problem - Any way to bypass Launcher now a days?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back