• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Amazon Prime (1 Viewer)

RedCents
141¢
Interestingly enough, the one time a year I check my bank statement, I have a $100.00 charge from Amazon for their Prime membership.

woah, I'm prime?

I've never signed up for prime so it's quite interesting to me. I only use Amazon to order duty gear.

Oh, I'm posting about this so you can check your account, because like I said I never specifically signed up for prime and had no idea I had prime.

Do you have a Amazon Credit card or Credit account? They tie the 2 together without explicitly asking you.

They push to give you one month free prime/free shipping with almost any purchase then start charging for it if don't opt out. I'm always very careful to opt out of the free month of prime/free shipping with prime with every purchase.

Amazon Prime is horrible

Ever since I signed up like 5 years ago 10+ packages a week show up at the front door and the dog keeps barking whenever it happens.

They never stop
Coffee, toilet paper, headphones, computer parts, gum, a ton of nail stuff and a ton of makeup things, kids toys, lightbulbs, fridge water filter, kitchen knife, scotch tape, cat litter, drill bits, a leaf blower, shorts,

Also all these ebooks and audiobooks keep showing up constantly, I keep finishing them but then more show up and I have to do it again
I swear the last few years it has been over 20 each year

The last 3 months my bank statement said amazon stole 1200+$ its horrible

p.s.
I dont think life would be as easy without prime now.... plus my wife would kill me if I canceled it.

• Decent prices (need to install browser plugins that do price checks...).
  • Unlimited personnel photo+video storage
  • Lots of video content (and you can do it offline, thou netflix just started allowing this too...)
  • Lots of free audiobooks and ebooks (I still buy quite a few a year)
  • Next day shipping on like everything, same day on a couple of them to
  • Free to extended family, my parents get all these things too and the accounts/credit-cards stay separate.
  • Lots of free-to-prime-member android apps that are actually worth while
Prime works very well and is a crazy good cost if you use all the crap it can give you and if you share it with friends/family.

Amazon Prime is horrible

Ever since I signed up like 5 years ago 10+ packages a week show up at the front door and the dog keeps barking whenever it happens.

They never stop
Coffee, toilet paper, headphones, computer parts, gum, a ton of nail stuff and a ton of makeup things, kids toys, lightbulbs, fridge water filter, kitchen knife, scotch tape, cat litter, drill bits, a leaf blower, shorts,

Also all these ebooks and audiobooks keep showing up constantly, I keep finishing them but then more show up and I have to do it again

you remind me of a South Park episode.

Just give them a call to cancel it, and ask them to refund it. They don't give you any hassles. I was more into Netflix so I cancelled and got a refund- took less time then this reply.

Amazon Prime is horrible

They never stop

p.s.
I dont think life would be as easy without prime now.... plus my wife would kill me if I canceled it.

• Decent prices (need to install browser plugins that do price checks...).
  • Unlimited personnel photo+video storage
  • Lots of video content (and you can do it offline, thou netflix just started allowing this too...)
  • Lots of free audiobooks and ebooks (I still buy quite a few a year)
  • Next day shipping on like everything, same day on a couple of them to
  • Free to extended family, my parents get all these things too and the accounts/credit-cards stay separate.
  • Lots of free-to-prime-member android apps that are actually worth while
Prime works very well and is a crazy good cost if you use all the crap it can give you and if you share it with friends/family.

Which browser plugin do you find works best for price checking

I concur I can't get enough of prime. In order damn near anything I can from them. Screw Walmart [emoji41].

As said as well. Just call / email / chat with them and they will refund it all minus any shipping charges used while not in a promotion period. That's another reason I use Amazon. No hassle bullshit on returns or order screw ups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.getinvisiblehand.com/
Shows prices on multiple sites like amazon, walmart, target etc...

http://camelcamelcamel.com/
Shows price history on amazon

I am aware there are some books/audiobook plugins I want to research and figure out still
Like before I buy a book/audiobook, can I get it for free from amazon or from library or something?
This is one of the annoyances I have along with videos and streaming

I basically want to find something that will tell me the best way to consume that book/movie/tvshow from the services I use
  • amazon kindle
  • amazon prime-lending/kindle unlimited
  • library (actually i dont use this but if i figure it out I would!)

• amazon-video
  • netflix
  • hulu
  • Kodi + Alluc/Exodus/SALTS + real-debrid.com

That's another reason I use Amazon. No hassle bullshit on returns or order screw ups.
THIS!
We buy so much shit, my first requirement is "Can i return it if it sucks with no hassle", "can I return it if i dont like it?" my next requirement is "is it a good price"

After costco I think amazon is the best for returns, especially for 'prime' items which basically means they have some control over the inventory, I basically buy prime items as often as I can just for this reason, even if they are 10% more (most of the time same price or cheaper)

craigslist, ebay, and aliexpress are the other people we spend money with =)

Last edited:
I went Amazon Prime 2 years ago and never looked back.

If you have a .edu e-mail address, even an old one and you're no longer in school, you can get Prime at a significant discount.

In fact, while you're at it...grabbing educational discounts almost makes returning to school, even as a part-timer for just one class a year, totally worth the hassle. But beware...I did that and now I'm in grad school full time. lol.

Lamahherder:

Free to extended family, my parents get all these things too and the accounts/credit-cards stay separate.

I can see where you can add adults in the same household but am I missing something with this?

BTW - Love prime constantly having packages delivered and now free two hour delivery option on some items! OMG I need to hide my card the loves them even more than I do..lol

We use Prime and Netflix at my house, my wife orders so much shit my dog has simply made friends with the mailman.

I've been fighting with Amazon for 2 years now. I never get anything in 2 days as advertised. I do live in a rural area do I could see it taking an extra day or so but the only option I get is standard 5-11 days.

I did get stuff in 2 days to my door during the free 30 day trial but since paying for it I havent. We keep paying because even though its frustrating not getting the 2 day shipping the free shipping makes it pay for itself still

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I've been using prime for years and have been happy with the service. But now I order stuff, it's prime shipping, they list it as being in stock and then take 2 to 6 days before it even ships and then tack on the 2 day shipping. If that only happens a couple times, whatever, but it seems to be what they commonly do now.

Discussion - Amazon Prime

Users who are viewing this thread

Back