• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bans - Suspended while I was at the keyboard! (1 Viewer)

RedCents
143¢
I got a tell from a guy asking if anything was rotting... I replied and told him to loot it if he wanted it... He looted and left.
About an hour later, I got disconnected on all accounts.
No email or anything yet.

I am almost always actively playing at least 1 toon.
When I'm not, I'm watching Netflix, or surfing the internet...
I grow Cannabis so it's pretty rare to ever leave my babies unguarded.

So, Watch Out...

- - - Updated - - -

Just got an email....

Unattended Play

But, I was fucking attending... how do I grab a motherfucker by the pussy and make them understand that?

Bristlebane... Na, it's not like Dead Hills was a couple months ago anywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Found this on the Daybreak site...
Posted Thursday the 26th...
It is not ok for an account to be played unattended or AFK.
If you need to go away for longer than a few seconds please move your character to an empty part of the zone or log out completely.
If a character, including any pets or mercs, is found performing actions while the user is away disciplinary action will be taken against the account.
Disciplinary action for unattended or AFK gameplay can include, but is not limited to; account warning, account suspension, and account termination (ban).

- - - Updated - - -

In response to my petition they just sent an email...
Please Note: this is an automated reply to your question based upon the category that you selected. You must update this ticket (with any requested information) in order for Support to assist you.
Your account has been suspended or banned based on a combination of factors including but not limited to: Cheat detection tools, video evidence, player reports, as well as direct observation.
We do not base our decisions on a single report or piece of evidence, and as such we feel very strongly that the action taken against your account is valid.
Types of processes considered cheating include:
• Running specific programs that modify the game client or game experience.
• Modifying your OS environment in an attempt to falsify data that the game accesses, this is considered malicious behavior will result in the account being banned.

Please keep in mind the following:
? No one is banned for using non-hack programs (like Fraps, overlays, etc.), however software used to modify the game or modify your system or OS environment in an attempt to falsify date that the game accesses will result in a ban.
It doesn't matter if you only cheated once. Cheating is strictly forbidden, don't experiment, or try it even once. Once is all it takes.
? It is your responsibility to ensure that no one else has access to your system or account. We will not release your ban if someone else cheated on your account, or installed something on the system you are playing from without your knowledge. Play on a public PC at your own risk.
? Many cheat programs work in multiple games. When a cheat program is detected that you supposedly used for a different game, it will result in a ban from all Daybreak games.
? No details about your ban (including evidence) will be revealed. Hackers would love to have access to this information and therefore we will not disclose it.

If you require further assistance not covered here or have chosen the wrong category, update this ticket at your Support History page and an agent will assist you. If we do not hear back from you within 3 days, we will consider the issue resolved and this ticket will automatically close.

If you require further assistance not covered here or have chosen the wrong category, update this ticket at your Support History page and an agent will assist you.

You need to add a comment that you'd like to continue.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, if you can provide logs with timestamps showing chat activity (from you) in guild chat or otherwise, that will help you.

I provided a nice long comment.
Digging around the forums...
Jerks on Zek that used to play on P99 got their panties all up in a bunch about people warping around last week.
uploading video's of Wudan warping around and whatnot...

Didn't upload a log file, but that's a killer idea. Thanks.

It's pretty shitty where woebot will go send a tell to one of the boxes and then bam. Gotta wonder if the person you let loot the item reported you =/

Probably did piss off a bunch of the Ring of Vulture members on Bristlebane that were acting like they owned the server.
Hanging out next to a camp until a named pop and then claiming that it's their named... sorry they couldn't out dps me on my named that popped from my ph in the camp that I had been killing for hours...

Shredclaw and Bigstomp even told me that Bristlebane belongs to RoV... which was a pretty comical /ooc conversation last month... that happened while I was camping in my favorite spot... the same spot I got suspended at while I was typing a response to something in guildchat.

prolly should have put this in lvl 2 imo, gm's watch the lvl 1 forums so all your going to do is confirm what they found like you did in 1 sentence.
I am almost always actively playing at least 1 toon.
they might use that against you, just saying.

Probably true... but it's not like they didn't make a deal with MQ when the P99 server got 'legalized'.
... Your integrity has been preserved... I.E... I have no Active Hacks loaded...
It came down to how much residual income they were willing to sacrifice.

MQ IS the thing that kept me playing Everquest, because through it I learn how to write programs to make my computer do what I want.
MQ is one of the most baddass learning tools in existence simply because it is attached to a game that is a bit fun.
Only around 10% of public schools have any sort of computer class beyond Typing...
Through MQ and some programmable microcontrollers I learned how to make an automated greenhouse that literally grows plants all by itself.
Which is something that I've been neglecting for half a decade while waiting for laws to catch up to reality...

If they permaban me, I'm ok with that.
I'm not OK with them suspending someone that had absolutely nothing to do with it...
And none of you should be OK with it either, imo.

If I'm watching Netflix am I not still at my keyboard?
If I'm watching ...say... the Superbowl on the television... am I not still at my keyboard?
What's the difference?
How many of your guildmates don't push a button for over a minute on raids when there is a football game or whatever on?
You ok with your entire raid getting suspended because someone was watching a football game during raids?
Think about it.
Posted Thursday the 26th by DBG...
It is not ok for an account to be played unattended or AFK.
If you need to go away for longer than a few seconds please move your character to an empty part of the zone or log out completely.
If a character, including any pets or mercs, is found performing actions while the user is away disciplinary action will be taken against the account.
Disciplinary action for unattended or AFK gameplay can include, but is not limited to; account warning, account suspension, and account termination (ban).
If they're going to go so far as to suspend an entire group + someone that wasn't even in the zone for more than 2 minutes... someone that just logged in an alt for rot loot they saw linked while they were hanging out in the guildhall... because a FD'd shadowknight was in a group leeching xp while the other members of the group are clearly at the keyboard... That's one hell of a lot of people that the autosuspend system is going to screw over. Because that's a common practice. I link rot loots in guildchat all the time...

Last edited:
First, you should avoid drama. I know we shouldn't let people roll over us but even when I didn't box it was never worth fighting over a spawn with someone it just calls attention to you as someone who probably uses MQ. Unfortunatly the progression people caused this few seconds bullshit by afking mages in a bunch of stupif places, it used to be safe to afk with a couple mercs out and have them do their own thing. And really I think if you get reported a lot while using mq2 and its obvious you're using mq2 they're going to give you a suspension without the asking are you there because you're being disruptive (even if you're not being the asshole and are "in the right"). The GM's don't like bullshit drama.

Second the point of the entire raid getting suspended for an afk or ever someone 100% scripting while afk, it wouldn't happen and you know it. Someone at first has to report you which normally requires drama or very obvious AFK play. The GM's don't go looking for afk players getting items / experience. I suggest using beepontell or some other way so your main driver knows the box got a tell, GM Woebot is a terrible terrible human being and would message the character that's FD in the group with a message "are you there?"

And third It isn't ok that the account of the other person getting rot loots was suspended.

First, you should avoid drama. I know we shouldn't let people roll over us but even when I didn't box it was never worth fighting over a spawn with someone it just calls attention to you as someone who probably uses MQ. Unfortunatly the progression people caused this few seconds bullshit by afking mages in a bunch of stupif places, it used to be safe to afk with a couple mercs out and have them do their own thing. And really I think if you get reported a lot while using mq2 and its obvious you're using mq2 they're going to give you a suspension without the asking are you there because you're being disruptive (even if you're not being the asshole and are "in the right"). The GM's don't like bullshit drama.

Second the point of the entire raid getting suspended for an afk or ever someone 100% scripting while afk, it wouldn't happen and you know it. Someone at first has to report you which normally requires drama or very obvious AFK play. The GM's don't go looking for afk players getting items / experience. I suggest using beepontell or some other way so your main driver knows the box got a tell, GM Woebot is a terrible terrible human being and would message the character that's FD in the group with a message "are you there?"

And third It isn't ok that the account of the other person getting rot loots was suspended.

Toric is right, even if you're "in the right" they will still suspend you. I got suspended while at my keys and while I was completely in the right just cause I admitted I used Mq2 despite it saying in the ToS you're allowed to use it just not play AFK. I even quoted that in my petition and i got ignored.

https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/45919-Are-you-afraid-to-admit-you-use-MQ2-ingame-still

is my thread here about it. And here is where it DOESN'T SAY MQ2 is an illegal program: https://www.everquest.com/news/true-box-progression-server-faq-phinigel

Rich (BB code):
A True Box Progression Server is a place where players are only allowed to play one EverQuest account at a time on their computer.

Doing any of the following on Phinigel may result in action being taken against your Daybreak Account:

Playing multiple characters at the same time from a single computer.
Using 3rd party software.
Any method to send one key press to multiple characters.

Doing any of the following on ANY server may result in action being taken against your Daybreak Account:

Unattended Gameplay: Any method that lets a character take actions while you're not at your keyboard.
Playing on virtual machines.
Any attempt to circumvent the /pickzone timer.

Um, I'm pretty sure it says no 3rd party software in your post and in their TOS. Which would include MQ2. Which would mean they can and will suspend you for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Um, I'm pretty sure it says no 3rd party software in your post and in their TOS. Which would include MQ2. Which would mean they can and will suspend you for it.

It says that under Phinigel. If you reread it, it doesnt say anything about 3rd party on live servers.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

It says that under Phinigel. If you reread it, it doesnt say anything about 3rd party on live servers.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

So they changed the TOS to allow 3rd party software on normal servers? I'll have to re-read them tomorrow.

So they changed the TOS to allow 3rd party software on normal servers? I'll have to re-read them tomorrow.

It doesn't say anything that means MQ2 is illegal in the ToS (I checked when I got suspended, quite thoroughly mind you) and the ONLY mention in the ToS that can be a "gotcha" is it says "Also any rules stated by daybreak employees on the forums or other official means must be abided by as well".

However, the only mention of third party software I could find from the last few years is from that link right there where it has no mention that third party software isn't allowed for live servers.

When they could have VERY EASILY mentioned it in there. Like you pointed out, it's mentioned in the category right above it. Which, I think just about anyone in the world would deduce from that "Oh, so it must be allowed on live servers" =P

While you can try to thread that needle with them, they have a number of advantages:

1. A strong precedent against 3rd party software use
2. The fact that they can basically do whatever they want with their own servers/infrastructure

Even if your argument is infallible, they can just do the schoolyard "neener, neener, neener" and still suspend/ban you without really any repercussions. Not many of us would waste the time and money taking legal action against a company running a 17+ year old game.

Is playing on a Virtual Machine something like using extra RAM to make a RamDrive to mount EQ to because it's faster than my hard drive and my M2 SSD?
Cause I was playing with that last week.
Not much difference from the SSD but I could tell a difference between the RamDrive and the old spinning hard drive.

I'd have to check but i believe the part about 3rd party software is in EULA so they dont have to say any thing about it any where.

When running any Game(s), we may monitor your computer system or console for unauthorized third party programs running concurrently with any Game(s) which, in Daybreak's sole determination: (a) enable or facilitate cheating of any type; (b) allow users to modify or hack any Game interface, environment, and/or experience in any way not expressly authorized by Daybreak; or (c) intercept, "mine" or otherwise collect information from or through any Game(s) (an "Unauthorized Third Party Program"). In the event that we detect an Unauthorized Third Party Program: (i) the Game(s) may communicate information back to Daybreak, including, without limitation, your Account username, details about the Unauthorized Third Party Program detected and the activities or functions performed thereby, and/or (ii) Daybreak may exercise any or all of its rights and remedies under this Agreement or the Terms of Service without prior notice to the user linked to such Unauthorized Third Party Program.

I believe you agreed to this when you clicked accept to play the game... Not trying to be rude but tell where they expressly authorized MQ2 on live servers.

I believe you agreed to this when you clicked accept to play the game... Not trying to be rude but tell where they expressly authorized MQ2 on live servers.

Daybreak also worked with Eqmule though to not have Mq2 on Phinigel. Which is an action in and of itself an admittance that they are allowing the program.

Arguing about it either way is a total waste of time because Daybreak will do whatever Daybreak wants to do. At the end of the day, every company will.

Daybreak also worked with Eqmule though to not have Mq2 on Phinigel. Which is an action in and of itself an admittance that they are allowing the program.

Arguing about it either way is a total waste of time because Daybreak will do whatever Daybreak wants to do. At the end of the day, every company will.

Working with him to not have it does not auto allow it. I'm trying to keep false information from spreading. They were trying to prevent it.

The accounts have been Released.
Is all their email said.

I agree with Redbot, and disagree at the same time cause I cannot and will not stand for people pushing me around...
I put up with a lot though before the cold snap comes out.

The accounts have been Released.
Is all their email said.

I agree with Redbot, and disagree at the same time cause I cannot and will not stand for people pushing me around...
I put up with a lot though before the cold snap comes out.

Easy fix.

1) Load up a f2p trash account on a different IP address then the ones you play on.

2) Preferably one with a toon that can FD.

3) Train whoever is griefing you.

4) Repeat the process till your account gets suspended or banned.

5) Create a new account and repeat steps 1-4 :xd:

In the real world it is an entirely different story, you have to address that behavior immediately personally.
It is not possible to keep tabs on the aholes that you have to interact with in your life 24/7 so law/establishment/company/school whatever helps with that 24/7.
There are repercussions that will enforce it past what you as an individual can do.

I think the biggest thing is to avoid confrontation with other players to minimize reports.

Agree for the great anonymous internet. You can not really 'deal' with bully's or harrasment on the web
Best course of action is to go do something else in game/online or out of game/offline.

Easy fix.
1) Load up a f2p trash account on a different IP address then the ones you play on.
2) Preferably one with a toon that can FD.
3) Train whoever is griefing you.
4) Repeat the process till your account gets suspended or banned.
5) Create a new account and repeat steps 1-4 :xd:

This being one of those 'other' things to do, but it ends up being a test of who is more bored/stubborn as nothing is lasting so I just skip it now....
10years ago thou... oh boy EQ could be fun for weeks, I know where the mobile/online game devs got the idea for daily repeatable 'quests' =)

Probably true... but it's not like they didn't make a deal with MQ when the P99 server got 'legalized'.
... Your integrity has been preserved... I.E... I have no Active Hacks loaded...
It came down to how much residual income they were willing to sacrifice.

MQ IS the thing that kept me playing Everquest, because through it I learn how to write programs to make my computer do what I want.
MQ is one of the most baddass learning tools in existence simply because it is attached to a game that is a bit fun.
Only around 10% of public schools have any sort of computer class beyond Typing...
Through MQ and some programmable microcontrollers I learned how to make an automated greenhouse that literally grows plants all by itself.
Which is something that I've been neglecting for half a decade while waiting for laws to catch up to reality...

If they permaban me, I'm ok with that.
I'm not OK with them suspending someone that had absolutely nothing to do with it...
And none of you should be OK with it either, imo.

If I'm watching Netflix am I not still at my keyboard?
If I'm watching ...say... the Superbowl on the television... am I not still at my keyboard?
What's the difference?
How many of your guildmates don't push a button for over a minute on raids when there is a football game or whatever on?
You ok with your entire raid getting suspended because someone was watching a football game during raids?
Think about it.

If they're going to go so far as to suspend an entire group + someone that wasn't even in the zone for more than 2 minutes... someone that just logged in an alt for rot loot they saw linked while they were hanging out in the guildhall... because a FD'd shadowknight was in a group leeching xp while the other members of the group are clearly at the keyboard... That's one hell of a lot of people that the autosuspend system is going to screw over. Because that's a common practice. I link rot loots in guildchat all the time...

... I was like 13 when I came across EQ and did the MQ2 scene through High school... I'm now a CTO and it all stems back to the MQ2/EQ Days imo

... I was like 13 when I came across EQ and did the MQ2 scene through High school... I'm now a CTO and it all stems back to the MQ2/EQ Days imo

CTO, huh? I'll be looking for a job when I get out of the military in a few years... lol.. hook a brother up!

Working with him to not have it does not auto allow it. I'm trying to keep false information from spreading. They were trying to prevent it.

I just want to add some features to eq and Daybreak agree with me that mq2 is not "evil" in itself and using it in a proper way will absolutely not get you banned or suspended.
I have cooperated with them and the ONLY reason there is no MQ2 on the true box servers is because of that cooperation, the proof of that is that when we did the trial run month of a true box version of mq2 total chaos ensued and people complained like crazy on the dbg forums and mass bans etc ensued...

We don't want that and dbg certainly don't want to ban people who use mq2 responsibly.
If they did they could just ban every single one of us today, don't get lulled into a false sense of security by the "your integrity has been preserved" message, it takes care of one aspect of daybreaks need for information on true box servers and unfortunately it also scans on live servers and though I'm perfectly fine with them scanning on true box I dont agree it's needed on live so the protection is there.

When we talked about scanning processes I honestly thought that thing would only scan on true box servers so I was actually very surprised when I saw it released...

You could always not use it if you don't think it's allowed =P

I'd say the fact that we all use mq2 on a daily basis and get away with it speaks volumes. In my opinion (and after some expermenting with being suspended) Daybreak kind of looks at Macroquest like the public views alcohol. Use it responsibly and we don't really care. Use it irresponsibly and we're going to penalize you.

I just want to add some features to eq and Daybreak agree with me that mq2 is not "evil" in itself and using it in a proper way will absolutely not get you banned or suspended.
I have cooperated with them and the ONLY reason there is no MQ2 on the true box servers is because of that cooperation, the proof of that is that when we did the trial run month of a true box version of mq2 total chaos ensued and people complained like crazy on the dbg forums and mass bans etc ensued...

We don't want that and dbg certainly don't want to ban people who use mq2 responsibly.
If they did they could just ban every single one of us today, don't get lulled into a false sense of security by the "your integrity has been preserved" message, it takes care of one aspect of daybreaks need for information on true box servers and unfortunately it also scans on live servers and though I'm perfectly fine with them scanning on true box I dont agree it's needed on live so the protection is there.

When we talked about scanning processes I honestly thought that thing would only scan on true box servers so I was actually very surprised when I saw it released...

So what's the extent of the scanning done by DBG? While it's not enough for me to complain and quit, it is a bit off-putting.

You could always not use it if you don't think it's allowed =P

I'd say the fact that we all use mq2 on a daily basis and get away with it speaks volumes. In my opinion (and after some expermenting with being suspended) Daybreak kind of looks at Macroquest like the public views alcohol. Use it responsibly and we don't really care. Use it irresponsibly and we're going to penalize you.

Just to be clear. I will use MQ2 until I quit or get banned. I just want everyone to be clear DBG does not condone or expressly allow MQ2. They tolerate it and over look it as long as its users aren't asshats. It would not make good financial sense to auto ban all MQ users as I have a feeling they would lose a chunk of their subscriber base. They also don't expressly promote that they over look it's users using MQ because that would piss off the non MQ users and they would lose money that way too. The only reason I play the game is because I can use MQ. Also the only reason I have 5 gold accounts that I play.

I feel it's getting a little long winded and I'm going to move on from this post. [emoji1]

Nothing is scanned outside of the eqgame process, so they are absolutely not overstepping any privacy boundaries. It's their process and their memory. But honestly most of their malicious abuse detection is serverside and they don't have to rely on any process scan at all to deal with people that cheat.

Change a packet to do something that normally can't be done for example and it gets flagged...
MQ2 doesn't have any packet manipulation capabilities in it for this very reason, people would abuse it and get banned.

I'm also with many of you if they make it to where we cant use mq ill just cash in my currency's and be done, they lose more than me 12 accounts per year, eqemu isnt as bad as it seems and it doesnt cost u 15$ per account...

Bans - Suspended while I was at the keyboard!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back