• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bans - Suspended while I was at the keyboard! (1 Viewer)

Guys I just want to re-iterate my views on this.

Botting is ILLEGAL at keyboard or NOT! Yes I made automation macros to play classes, and for the most part folks really can't tell definitively, but when PULLING you absolutely can. Pulling is extremely robotic and always falls a path of sorts no matter the method you use (mq2nav for instance) and CAN NOT BE USED AROUND OTHER PLAYERS.

If you want to use auto macros, kissassist, etc... that is fine, but be sure and pull with you main char, otherwise if other players see you... BANNED!

Don't be stupid if using pulling... YOU MUST USE AFK TOOLS OR RISK A PERMA BAN!

- - - Updated - - -

I just want to add this is precisely why I don't include pulling in my macros, because folks think that sitting at the keyboard watching netflix is OK. IT IS NOT! If you aren't PLAYING the game, you need to be running AFK TOOLS, GTFO, or a player check at the very least!

Training ##### would have accomplished nothing, other than adding fuel to a small fire.
By Calling him out on his, and his guild's, conduct from my main character I made him evaluate it...

Seen RoV vulture a camp since last month? ... Huh... Me either.
It's called Diplomacy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why doesn't Daybreak just make a new server FOR 3rd party(Mq2ers) users, they can name it the Royal Rumble Server.

Training ##### would have accomplished nothing, other than adding fuel to a small fire.
By Calling him out on his, and his guild's, conduct from my main character I made him evaluate it...

Seen RoV vulture a camp since last month? ... Huh... Me either.
It's called Diplomacy.

I wish I could be diplomatic with the guy who harasses people on my server: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/45716-Training-afk-groups-on-FV

Some people are too stupid to listen to diplomacy. =(

lol that sucks cause there is a guy on AB server killing scalpers in FM for about a week now fully afk and hes parked right on a running path between npcs for partisan too /facepalm

Watch out for senior guides too. Im not sure how active they are on live servers but at the start of phinigel they did play a part in getting a lot suspended.

Why doesn't Daybreak just make a new server FOR 3rd party(Mq2ers) users, they can name it the Royal Rumble Server.

Hehe there would have to a very specific set of rules. If active hacks are allowed I can bring down zones, ghost kill, warp, etc... It would be a nightmare to police that when you invite that kind of action.

Hehe there would have to a very specific set of rules. If active hacks are allowed I can bring down zones, ghost kill, warp, etc... It would be a nightmare to police that when you invite that kind of action.

Would be a good idea.... call it 'The Void' would just have it reboot every so often, chaosmonkey style
Instead of banning people... they server transfer your toon to that server, if they have to server transfer 2 toons they make that account only playable on 'The Void'
If they have to account lock 2 accounts from your IP/Email/CC whatever then they emal/cc lock you there, sure you cant really stop someone that wants to be an ahole on the internet but atleast this is a deterrent.

Australia 2.0 basically.... everything can kill you and you cant get off the island =)

Would be a good idea.... call it 'The Void' would just have it reboot every so often, chaosmonkey style
Instead of banning people... they server transfer your toon to that server, if they have to server transfer 2 toons they make that account only playable on 'The Void'
If they have to account lock 2 accounts from your IP/Email/CC whatever then they emal/cc lock you there, sure you cant really stop someone that wants to be an ahole on the internet but atleast this is a deterrent.

Australia 2.0 basically.... everything can kill you and you cant get off the island =)

They did it with EQ 2 with the prison server. I don't see why they don't try that here.

If you're an asshole you're sent to the server with other assholes. It sounds fair to me.

Honestly, say what you will about Daybreak but I honestly believe that's one of the coolest social psychology experiments ever. I really wish I could see the results though - or that Daybreak publishes their findings (I doubt it).

Bans - Suspended while I was at the keyboard!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back