• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Basic target macro (1 Viewer)

levox

RedCents
866¢
I'm trying to put together a macro that targets within a certain range and z radius. I really want to take out the los part and add something that factors in x and y radius instead. I sometimes get aggro from above or below with the LOS piece when mobs path a certain way. Macro is basically pulling mobs within a certain radius to me

I've tried to pull from other macros but they all declare ranges in a different section. Wasn't sure if I was able to do it without doing all of that.

Rich (BB code):
    /doevents
 	/if (${Target.ID} != ${Me.ID} && !${Me.Combat}) 	{	
			/target id ${Spawn[NPC los radius 75].ID}
				/cast 1
				/delay 5s ${Spawn[NPC los radius 75].ID}
			}

re zradius:
http://redguides.com/wiki/Spawn_search
http://redguides.com/wiki/TLO:NearestSpawn

zradius

re targeting:
Should also probably not just try to /target things, first check if there is something to target with spawn then if there is target it

re Delay:
I dont understand your delay? I imagine it would never delay

re casting:
/cast is rather finicky from my exp, I have a thread asking about this on mq2forums
Look into the mq2cast plugin may also want to look at spell_routines.inc in Vanilla or MQ2Cast_Spell_Routines.inc

Something like this (not sure if the spawn is correct, needs to be tested)

Rich (BB code):
    /doevents
 	/if (${Target.ID} != ${Me.ID} && !${Me.Combat} && ${Spawn[npc targetable los radius 75 zradius 50].ID}) 	{	
			/target id ${NearestSpawn[npc targetable los radius 75 zradius 50].ID}
				/delay 3s ${Target.ID}==${NearestSpawn[npc targetable los radius 75 zradius 50].ID}
				/casting "Your Spell" gem1 -maxtries 3
|this delay sucks but if you are not using spell_routines its better than nothing
				/delay 20s ${Cast.Ready}
			}

This is awesome thank you. Checking for the spawn and the delay pieces will help with some of the spam I was getting I would think. I will look into the other links you sent as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question - Basic target macro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back