• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - cannot load MQ2 , getting unusual message when loading today "Injection" ? (1 Viewer)

sirviceman1

RedCents
14¢
Hi, last night everything was fine but today when trying to load MQ2 I am getting this message

"The date and time of eqgame was not what mq expected it to be Dec 13 2016 12:16:05.
Injection can not be completed"

Looks like there was an update to EQ which was fixed when I loaded it separately. I have also used the updater for MQ2 and it says it is up to date. Any ideas on how to fix this please? Any others experiencing the same problem?

thanks in advance
AS

cannot load MQ2 , getting unusual message when loading today "Injection" ?

It's patch day. Everquest did a patch that changed the structure of the executable that MQ insects its self into. It's giving you this error because of that. It doesn't know the new locations of what it needs to bind to.

Once the developers have time to check out the new patch from Everquest they will update it and release it to everyone. It really depends on how much was changed on how long the patch takes. Minor change and the devs have time could be a couple hours. Lots of changes and it could be days.

Also always a good idea to support the devs. They have costs involved be that time away from other projects, computers, Everquest subs to test with.

Donate to MQ2 Devs

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=26375&share_fid=52429&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: cannot load MQ2 , getting unusual message when loading today "Injection" ?

it has nothing to do with the new patch that Date error has been happening to me for the past 2 months now

That date error is because DBGs updated the eqgame.exe. Macroquest checks for its compile date so that it doesn't inject into the wrong one. Doing so could flag you as using MQ and get you banned with out the proper protections. (Worst case scenario) They compiled a new version for this patch. Some patches they do not compile new client as it's server side. This was both.

Granted it's been since 2008 since I was building from source but I would assume nothing has changed much from that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it has nothing to do with the new patch that Date error has been happening to me for the past 2 months now

I assume you are using Isboxer or autologin. The logins are happening faster than the injections can complete. I would bet just refreshing the injections fixes it. Simply increase the delay between injections.

no i use no other login stuff. even when the compile was brand new, from the past 2 months or so been getting the wrong date error.

Yeah im getting the error too days before today, i read somewhere in this forum that the person had to unistall everything and do a clean install to stop getting this error..for me it is working as well only this error when i run mq

I get the error too (I use isoboxer and autologin) but I just refresh injections and it works. Not speaking about patch days but talking in general.

How does one refresh "injections"? Iv tried closing all the instances of EQ and restarting them this doesnt work either.

Main thing is MQ2 has to be patched after every EQ patch and is usually uploaded the same day later in the evening.

I can tell you from experience, dont panic. Dont delete stuff and reinstall...just be patient and wait for MQ2 to get reattached to EQ patch. Go make some killer dinner like a steak and sip on some good whiskey or scotch!! :drink

I can tell you from experience, dont panic. Dont delete stuff and reinstall...just be patient and wait for MQ2 to get reattached to EQ patch. Go make some killer dinner like a steak and sip on some good whiskey or scotch!! :drink

Got a 14 yr single malt finished in a sherry cask I opened tonight .... mmmmmmmm

1. REBOOT
2. RUN Launcher and log all the way into game with launcher 1 time
3. RUN Launcher and click settings and VERIFY files
4. if that does not fix it, RENAME eqgame.exe and re-run Launcher
5. Those steps is how I have fixed it the 8 or 10 times I have had it happen...
6. if all else fails delete the eq cache
To Clear Cache....
Rich (BB code):
Your cache folders contain quick access, stored files that help you zone faster or load the appearance of an object quicker.  Occasionally, corruption or old data can prevent these from loading correctly.  This can be corrected by clearing out your cache folders.

To do so, select the Advanced Tools option in the lower left hand portion of your Launchpad after you have logged in.  Select Open Game Directory from the Advanced Settings List.  

Highlight and delete the folders for assetcache, cache and any logincache you have listed and re-patch.  To re-patch, simply close out the application and run it again.

oh and don't forget to click the God Damn Thanks button! Enjoy!

sipping a Glen Fid 18 year i just popped...waiting for an update to get up and running.

Is this resolved yet? I've tried everything suggested (couldn't find the cache folders--or, rather, they didn't exist).

Is this resolved yet? I've tried everything suggested (couldn't find the cache folders--or, rather, they didn't exist).

Everquest was patched. The update will be released tonight.

Hey guy, wait for the update to come out like everyone said and it will be fixed. Every time you see an EQ update and they haven't updated yet, you'll see that exact error.

If you want the update to come out faster, you might think about donating to the hard working RG Devs that write it! There is a link in the members area for donating to the devs! please do so if you have not....

Donation sent! Pick up a bottle of that Glen Fiddy 18 on me!

Hehe, I always grab the latest in beta from IRC or Skype via eqmule and then modify pluginhandler to load all the custom plugins (who wants to fix those) and then go on my merry way till the official patch / redbot releases the full updated version. Most times its ok... other times its crash city lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Hint: if you know how to compile C++ projects, just kick eqmule a donation and he is always very generous with his code. Most times it works pretty good even right after servers come up... although sometimes not so much. A couple patches back I had to disable mq2map till eqmule worked through some of the issues. It amazes me each patch how fast he can fix the code. It would take me weeks to even get a halfway working verison.

sounds amazing,expecting a report and a screenshot or it diddnt happen... /cheers!

- - - Updated - - -

Was referring to the single malt post .....but also wanted to say thanks for all the responses to this thread. best to all!

Problem - cannot load MQ2 , getting unusual message when loading today "Injection" ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back