• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

H.U.D. - Noob's - Blue Infinity UI - May 2020 Update (1 Viewer)

RedCents
8,490¢
Last Update: May 2nd, 2020

Frequency back in the day(2007ish) released a Blue Infinity variant with MQ2 functions built in that I always just loved. It has since fallen to the waste side, and I picked it up the other night and have not only fixed it but built out a couple more things I think should be there. In honor of Frequency, I went ahead and left the UI folder the same.

May 2020 - Fixes
  • Animations Fixed for Torment of Velious
  • Varies fixes for crashes due to changes in the UI

Nov 2018 - Fixes
  • Fixed Group Window
    • Meshes with MQ2TargetInfo Now
    • Removed Distance check since MQ2Target takes care of this
    • Moved UI Elements for better visibility

Oct 2018 - Fixes
  • Animations Fixes
  • Target Window Revamped to mesh with MQ2TargetInfo (Love the new plugin btw)
    • Removal of Z Axis, Distance
    • Brought shading fill up so we can see new MQ2TargetInfo data
  • CastSpellWnd / HotButtonWnd / SpellBookWnd / AAWindow Updated for Ring of Scale

Sept 2017-Fixes
  • Animations Fixed
  • Item Display Fixed
  • Combat Window completely redone by Noobhaxor
  • Inventory used a modified version of a eqinterface inv window
  • Target Window updated with new information
  • AA window uses reskined default UI

Big shoutout to Beimeith for fixing the non-MQ2 version off eqinterface.com. This made fixing this much easier, as I copied most of his work on that version with modification were MQ2 information is used, namely the target window. I expanded the target window in the version as bigger screens = bigger health bar needed.

Non-MQ2 version is here http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=6702

Enjoy!

Attachments

• ui-example.jpg
    ui-example.jpg
    691.8 KB · Views: 745
  • Noobs-BlueInfinityMod-05-2020.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:
I looked around for a nice clean interface for awhile before settling on AYA EoK which I found on EQ interface. This one you put together is very compelling - I am definitely going to have to give it a try!

CompareTipWnd can be pulled from the default UI and added to the UI folder and should fix the issue, if not delete the one in the default folder and have eq rebuild it then add it to the UI folder

CompareTipWnd can be pulled from the default UI and added to the UI folder and should fix the issue, if not delete the one in the default folder and have eq rebuild it then add it to the UI folder

The only Compare file I have in default is MQUI_CompareTipWnd.xml. I did delete it, had EQ rebuild it, copied it over and no luck. Still getting error.

A fresh install of MQ2 fixed it. The MQUI_CompareTipWnd.xml is what was bad and that is created by MQ2.

Also the group window is not compatible with the new additions by eqmule. They are all bunched on top of each other in the top left.

Last edited:
The only Compare file I have in default is MQUI_CompareTipWnd.xml. I did delete it, had EQ rebuild it, copied it over and no luck. Still getting error.

A fresh install of MQ2 fixed it. The MQUI_CompareTipWnd.xml is what was bad and that is created by MQ2.

Also the group window is not compatible with the new additions by eqmule. They are all bunched on top of each other in the top left.

Thanks for the report, I'll update my MQ2 and see what is going on with eqmules additions. I'm sure I can modify it to be compatible.

I am having trouble getting this UI to load. Do I put the folder in my normal EQ UIfiles folder, or do I need to load it from an MQ2 folder? Thanks

Looks like I am getting the same error as above, missing CompareTipWnd. I will try a reinstall and see if that fixes things.

Last edited:
you put it in a new folder you make inside your UI folder. IE

Where to put UI.jpg

What you call the folder doesn't matter (int his case "stuff") but it has to be all one word.

Then ingame you open the options window, click on "Load UI skin" and pick the folder you put the new UI into.

The game will freeze for a long pause.

If all the files loaded fine, you will see the new UI. If they do not, you will see the default UI.

If your UI crashed to default, in the main Everquest folder there will be a file called UIError.txt, that can help figure out which particular window is the problem.

Used part of the UI collection for a good long time, found it very nice. Kudos for keeping it alive =)

Hi Noobhaxor

Nice UI, I am going to adopt it lol. I just have one request to make it fit my particular customization. Could you make the Spell bar horizontal for me please? Or maybe tell me what I need to adjust in the xml file to make that happen. And if you want to get REAL fancy make the spell bar adjust the number of spell slots it has according to the level of the character using it. Hehe, sorry got carried away with myself there.

Again thanks for the nice UI, I have played around with several when I saw this one and knew it was the ONE.

Noob,
Looks very clean. Its new to me, but I loaded it up and will try it for a few days. For comparison sake, my normal UI was Savoks old Vert ui carried on by Luolas and a few others that update from time to time. That one does NOT allow me (and I am not clear how I would modify it) to make window size work with MQ2TargetInfo . One thing I can see so far that I would like to ask for, would it be possible to have a Bank layout like this? This format appeals to me more. Is it possible for me to just drop the old Vert bank file in your UI folder and it would work, or a little more to it than that? Anyways TY, I will test it a lot.
bank.jpg

Edit: MQ2Targetinfo gave me an error message saying "has been disabled due to an incompatible UI, let @eqmule know."

Last edited:
I've been trying to get this UI to work on the Project Lazarus emulated server using the RoF2 client version of EverQuest and haven't had any luck. I'm getting a `[Line:288 Source:UIFiles\Default\EQUI_RaceChangeWnd.xml] Schema error - Duplicate item RCW_BarbarianMaleIcon` error. I'm guessing I would need to find a slightly older version of the UI to get it to work correctly.

H.U.D. - Noob's - Blue Infinity UI - May 2020 Update

Users who are viewing this thread

Back