• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Server Transfers Borked! (1 Viewer)

Razkle

Single-handedly keeping Daybreak in business
RedCents
2,983¢
This is prolly a short term issue but yesterday I transferred servers and today it will not transfer servers on any toons. Yes I know ya gotta wait to transfer. I mean I tried a different account.toon and talked to 2 other people who say transfers are not working right now... this should clear up quickly but beware if you are asking for a server transfer to deliver or pick up something you trade for that server transfers may be borked right now... !

lets pretend I have transferred a couple toons and just say yes.... <sarcasm>

I also know that just because it SAYS available it may not be, so you change the destination name and it transfers, I am telling you we tested it and it is exiting the client but not moving the toons at this time...

- - - Updated - - -

pretty sure "mylittlebronypony" was not taken so I tried "gettothechoppah" and "whoneedsaname" yup.... broken...

(those are all examples but yeah, even went to that server, made a toon with the name I wanted to test, deleted him, came back and still borked)

yep , just transferred 2 toons that have 2 additional slots bought but 8 alts in 50ish you know to PL up - but didn't work until I deleted 1 of them off the account some weird shit - but it worked

It was pretty weird. It didn't say my name was taken when I tried to transfer, but it wouldn't let me transfer. I ended up name changing THEN it let me transfer afterwards. GM Dunbar ended up refunding me the 10 dollars saying it was some glitch in their system after I petitioned.

So if you really do need to transfer bad, I'd try name changing to something you know works on the other server, and then going for it.

lmao he transferred to Venus! hope you got it fixed...

- - - Updated - - -

ok, I haz info on this error.... when you use a transfer token it is not actually removing you from the world!
if you log in no mq2, just the launcher you get
logedin.png

gonna wait 15 minutes and see if it finishes, but the not transferring is because it SAYS it will log you out on success but it is lying!

The toon is not on the server as in "in game" but is still logged into EQ on the login server!

- - - Updated - - -

if you tell it to log the toon off you get the following error
rerunpatch.png

- - - Updated - - -

FROM the launcher, so LMAO!

- - - Updated - - -

testing forcing a name change transferred...

- - - Updated - - -

nameinuse.pngnewname.pngyousure.png

yup even that does not work... the toon leaves the game locally but does not disconnect from the login server, so if you try to log in, it breaks the transfer! GRRRR!

Last edited:
Looks like you covered all your bases. I had this exact same issue trying to transfer a shaman of mine. It wouldn't let me xfer even though it said success and would kick me out. Thing to log in gave me to same message. Turned out the name of the shaman violated their naming rules after the fact. It wouldn't let me change the name on transfer and even said the name was available on the server. After a petition they gave me a free name change and it worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Server transfers are still broken for me as of this post. I have the same issue as Raz described: regardless of name taken or not, character doesn't fully log off and doesn't transfer.

Once again. and Yes I realize you can change your name while you transfer.

If you spend money on a name change. Then spend money on the server transfer it will work.

Its a fucked up glitch, but it works.

Ill try and figure out what account it was on so I can post the petition.

- - - Updated - - -

This is GM Dunbar. It looks like you were able to complete your server transfer after submitting this ticket. It does, however, look like you had to change your name before transferring. I have gone ahead and refunded the name change purchase as you should not have had to change your name before transferring. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again. Have a great day and thank you for playing EverQuest!
Safe travels,
GM Dunbar
Daybreak Games

News - Server Transfers Borked!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back