• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - New Server, Brekt announced. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
141¢
Hey all,

On Tuesday, January 17, 2017 @ 10AM PST the Quarm server event will end. Don’t miss your chance to earn rewards from completing the progression goals from this event server. More details on Quarm rewards can be found in the post here.

When this event ends, the Quarm server will close and all characters, guilds, fellowships, shared banks, etc will be moved to a new server, Brekt. The Brekt server will be a standard server with a free trade rule set, similar to Firiona Vie. Characters can be transferred to Brekt. Characters can NOT be transferred off of Brekt.

We’re estimating that it’ll take around six hours to transfer everything from the Quarm server to the new Brekt server, however it’s possible it takes much longer. We’ll keep everyone updated regarding the status of the opening of the Brekt server.

Thank you for participating on this special event server!

HTML:
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/quarm-event-ends-new-server-brekt-opens-tues-jan-17.237714/

Forgive my ignorance, but I don't recall having ever seen the Quarm server on the server list when loading EQ up. Where's this server at?

Interestingly, it has free trade rules without the language barrier/ RP enforcement rules of FV. It might actually become the new FV.

Interestingly, it has free trade rules without the language barrier/ RP enforcement rules of FV. It might actually become the new FV.

It would require the entire server of FV to start over which is absolutely never ever ever going to happen.

Most of the people who want to leave the server already did by starting over elsewhere. Those that are there are staying there forever.

I think it's a great move. FV is 2nd the highest population server, behind phinigel.

The anti-boxer social justice warriors are what really started the fanaticism for phiny. There is no anti-boxer live server at this time.... so I am sure many at DBG and many in the community will see Brekt as the holy land of EQ-Live just as phiny is the holy land of TLP.

I still think they need to merge 6 or so live servers to up the populations.

2-3 live servers with no-trade ruleset
1 red live server

1 anti-boxer TLP
1-2 boxer friendly TLP

1 anti-boxer live server with trade-able ruleset
1 boxer friendly live server with trade-able ruleset

I think the language thing is silly at this point and we have to deal with it due to historic reasons.
Of the <5% of roleplayers that RP half of their playtimes there is probably 1% that has had a worthwhile interaction with language system that lasted <1h in their 99999h playtime.... so thats like what 2 players a year in 10 years so 20 people?

Quarm was anti-box, you didn't see people flocking to it. In fact it was pretty dead.

People forget that raid instancing brought the guilds to Phinigel, not hatred of boxing.

The anti-boxer social justice warriors are what really started the fanaticism for phiny. There is no anti-boxer live server at this time.... so I am sure many at DBG and many in the community will see Brekt as the holy land of EQ-Live just as phiny is the holy land of TLP.

I still think they need to merge 6 or so live servers to up the populations.

2-3 live servers with no-trade ruleset
1 red live server

1 anti-boxer TLP
1-2 boxer friendly TLP

1 anti-boxer live server with trade-able ruleset
1 boxer friendly live server with trade-able ruleset

I think the language thing is silly at this point and we have to deal with it due to historic reasons.
Of the <5% of roleplayers that RP half of their playtimes there is probably 1% that has had a worthwhile interaction with language system that lasted <1h in their 99999h playtime.... so thats like what 2 players a year in 10 years so 20 people?

I don't think they're planning to make Brekt an anti boxer FV. It says standard ruleset with FV's free trading, standard ruleset to me means what live servers are, no catches. I didn't read anywhere that it was going to be True box. I think its designed to be the quarm graveyard initially and the rest will be up to all of us

Should have just moved all the toons to FV.

I guess their concern was moving the chars to FV and something unforseen happening fucking up their (possibly) most profitable server. That's the only reason I could see them essentially creating this graveyard server for Quarm run-offs

Reading the official announcement it is not clear whether Brekt will require all-access.

So the advantage of Brekt will be removal of language requirement and lower population and ability to do bunch of server firsts(some people enjoy that kind of thing). Then again if you can transfer a 105 from a regular server those server firsts will fall in a few days.

Advantage of FV will be much larger player base and 50% xp bonus.

I suppose some people will transfer from a regular server to Brekt.

I don't think it's a bad idea at all. I've been wanting some sort of a FV style progression server for a long while. FV is by far the most popular Live server and this might revive the interest in EQ a bit just like Phinny did. Any extra income for DBG is a bonus in my book.

Reading the official announcement it is not clear whether Brekt will require all-access.

So the advantage of Brekt will be removal of language requirement and lower population and ability to do bunch of server firsts(some people enjoy that kind of thing). Then again if you can transfer a 105 from a regular server those server firsts will fall in a few days.

Advantage of FV will be much larger player base and 50% xp bonus.

I suppose some people will transfer from a regular server to Brekt.

Wait, FV has a 50% exp bonus?!?!

News - New Server, Brekt announced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back