• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - EQ Landmark - Being Shutdown (1 Viewer)

Not surprised at all. Landmark was always supposed to be connected to EQ Next, with Next getting cancelled I'm surprised Landmark lasted as long as it did.

Yeah I imagine EQ2 has a dropping population as it just doesn't have the staying power of EQ1. I think they will stop making expansions first... milk it for a couple years and then sunset the game.

To be honest, I'll be sad to see EQ2 go. It wasn't nearly as good as the original EQ but I still enjoyed it when it was released. It tried too hard to be WoW, though in my opinion.

To be honest, I'll be sad to see EQ2 go. It wasn't nearly as good as the original EQ but I still enjoyed it when it was released. It tried too hard to be WoW, though in my opinion.

I really wanted to enjoy it. I purchased a heroic character in it a few years ago and I tried to play it but the whole game just confuses the shit out of me. Maybe I am just retarded.

I really wanted to enjoy it. I purchased a heroic character in it a few years ago and I tried to play it but the whole game just confuses the shit out of me. Maybe I am just retarded.

you and me both brother, I made a toon on eq2 and was just lost... We can both be window lickers on the shortbus... or we are just old EQers and not gonna change... its one or the other...

"Fans hoping for an emulation or planning to run their own servers are out of luck, as Daybreak plans on keeping all the code and data from the game. All forums and sites associated with the game will also be shut down."

That's good we don't need anymore emulated servers of any kind. They pull too many subs from Daybreak already, and are robbery rings for bogus staffs such as P99 to ban accounts and launder/sell items off them. Smart choice on their part.

Will miss EQ2 when it finally goes, but Landmark was not a game I enjoyed. EQ will always be the main game for me though!

"Fans hoping for an emulation or planning to run their own servers are out of luck, as Daybreak plans on keeping all the code and data from the game. All forums and sites associated with the game will also be shut down."

That's good we don't need anymore emulated servers of any kind. They pull too many subs from Daybreak already, and are robbery rings for bogus staffs such as P99 to ban accounts and launder/sell items off them. Smart choice on their part.

Not to derail, but you realize that if they're running the server, they could just spawn the items and not need to go through such extremes, right?

Not to derail, but you realize that if they're running the server, they could just spawn the items and not need to go through such extremes, right?

I had a 3hr argument with someone in WoW who "swore" Blizzard took the 15% Auction House cut and had a hand in the RMT business with the game because of that. I kept trying to explain to him that a GM can just instantly make gold/items appear but they just didn't want to hear it.

Regular GMs can and do have access to certain things they can make appear. I know, I used to be a GM on another game. I made shit all the time. EQ GMs can move items, spawn items and change stuff in a limited fashion, somewhere there is a set of gm/dev/guide commands that shows you who gets to do what. BUT if you own the server, ie 99 jacktards, you can spawn in anything you wish at any time via the console command. So yeah they may not be in on part of it, but they have been caught way too many times taking money from RMTers and eliminating competition for those that pay, I would not log onto a 99 server for a million Kronos!

- - - Updated - - -

In the case of Wow, the GMs know players were buying gold off other players, they send you a polite, "please don't RMT buy gold" but that's about it. It is not that they are in on it, they just know it is happening and they don't want to ban active players who are not actively exploiting/cheating. If wow and eq were smart they would allow players to buy gold/plat, oh wait EQ does.... Kronos...

I'm playing a stupid Minecrafty game called Stonehearth at the moment and was actually thinking about getting Landmark like a week ago. Glad I didn't pay 10 bucks for it..

News - EQ Landmark - Being Shutdown

Users who are viewing this thread

Back