• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - New progression server announced (1 Viewer)

MVP

RedCents
38¢
New progression server possibly mid 2017

https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-letter-from-holly-december-2016

We are well into our plans for 2017 and work on next year's expansion has already begun! The team is talking through possible rule sets for a new progression server for those players who missed the start of Ragefire, Lockjaw, and Phinigel, and we’re considering mid-2017 for our next server. As for Quarm, our first experiment with an event server, we'll be talking to you more about that in 2017.

I do lol, I missed the TLP servers this time around and there isn't much group content going at that low level. I think it would be fun, plus it's not like it takes a ton of resources haha.

I like the idea of the event servers

The existing servers should probably have some mergers IMO, with instance zones they dont need as many as they have now.

Thinking about this some more, taking into account history and player attraction.... I would propose this server layout

Test Servers
Test = F2P server, no lore, no nodrop items, act as a beta server

EQ Live Servers
FV## = they call it RP server but really the reason it is popular is you can trade nodrop, Build as scale dictates.
Server## = Build as scale dictates, personally I would just adopt the FV ruleset but I am sure there is an attraction due to history so no issue keeping it around.
PvP server = same as FV server

Cant imagine them really needing more than 1-4 of these per type.

Event Servers
Event=ProgressionServer = Setup a 1 - 3yr cycle at end of cycle allow people to move to a different server at the end.
Event= ??? Not sure how successful Quarm was...

Expansion locked servers:
Original Locked 1999 Server
Kunark/Luclin Locked Server = Iksar added
PoP Locked?
Whatever expansion introduced Beastlords? Berserkers? Froglocks? Drakkin?

Should take them to somewhere between 15-20 servers, there are 21 servers atm.

Make server transfers cost 10$ and you can only transfer to same kind of server. With expansion locked you should be allowed to transfer upwards but not downwards

I imagine any new TLP server will be Quarm style off hand, since it is proving fruitful.

But I sure hope we don't see to many more live mergers. Visited some of the other servers and... we got enough D-Bags running around already on mine... don't need more =/

I don't think I could dump my RF teams, I am excited for PoP. Only reason for me to jump over to a new TLP would be a Krono grab. Maybe fire up my Xeons in the basement again...I'm having mixed emotions about that...

There is always huge drop offs in players on TLP once they get past PoP, it's so noticeable now that they are planning something new for Phinny by releasing GoD and OoW at the same time, I'm assuming they're hoping that releasing one shitty expansion and one slightly less shitty expansion at the same time it leads to less drop off.

Because of True Box and releasing both at same time I don't think the drop off is going to be as bad for Phinny as it has other TLP servers but there's still going to be a drop off, people by and large prefer Classic-PoP, it's the main reason we're all still playing a 17 year old video game.

Is Phinny even really a true-box? Thought you could VM multiple instances of EQ, or did they shut down that loop-hole?

You can get VM to actually launch multiple copies easily, the problem is you're going to get banned super quick because it's super easy for them to detect. Even if you're using 6 distinct PCs to run 6 clients which is allowed you will routinely get disconnected because they have some convoluted method of checking to see how many unique keybinds are being sent from the same IP. They are very, very, VERY diligent about banning people who try using VM, they don't wait to do ban waves or anything, if you VM you can expect to get banned within a few days max.

It's never going to be classic with the shitty fucking ui that eq live has. Advanced loot? Shitty shitty shitty
New models and zone merges? Shitty shitty shitty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most insanely vague communication ever.

Might as well just post "THINGS ARE HAPPENING!"

#1 start server merges. There are so many servers with low populations it's retarded. Merge a bunch of the live servers together. Merge RF and LJ. Seriously just get this shit done.
NOTE: Anyone that does not play on Phinny has absolutely no idea what a busy server actually looks like. There isn't a single server that even comes close to the activity on Phinny. Even FV can't hold a candle to it. You guys are getting ripped the fuck off.
#2 reduce the cost on server transfers. $25 per character is fucking absurd. You should have the process entirely automated at this point.
#3 event servers work, but it might surprise people to find out that Quarm wasn't incredibly popular. They would see far more enthusiasm if the characters were not dumped into a wasteland afterwards. Allow them to live on. My Quarm characters are useless twats at level 70 on Live, but I'd love to keep them. Why the fuck can't I? Also what's the point in wasting resources in creating a server for those toons when only like 52 people would play them after transfer? Even if everyone kept playing them on their new server it would still be a low population server.

I am getting really fed up with Daybreak and their absolute lack of proper administration. There is a point where you have to consolidate before you can move forward and that time has long passed. Get this shit done. AA consolidation got a lot of focus, there's other shit to consolidate too, ya foggin jagoffs

I think a Progression server with FV rules or just a new FV server would be nice, thats what i would come back for.

I think they need not to worrie about new servers and crap. They need to fix there lag issues and all the other crap wrong with the game before they add to it. The old saying Dont fix something till it is broken, Well guess what it is broken fix it first

Does the understanding reached with Eqmule continue to hold up if they start releasing more truebox servers? Wasn't the agreement for just one non-mq server?

Does the understanding reached with Eqmule continue to hold up if they start releasing more truebox servers? Wasn't the agreement for just one non-mq server?

I am not eqmule so cant definitively say but when quarm showed up the core community (mq2, rg, mmob) honored truebox.
I think as long as they leave a couple live servers alone the community would overall be appeased, would be disappointing if they did however make RF/LJ truebox.

AFAIK unfortunately none of the main dev's are playing on TLP so if they made RF/LJ truebox I doubt they would retaliate.

If I were to rank 'community disgruntlement impact' for DBG it would be something like live>test>fv>tlp>event>phinny

News - New progression server announced

Users who are viewing this thread

Back