• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Effects of being gold vs silver on a maxed out toon (full aa and xp) (1 Viewer)

Kokopelli2014

RedCents
206¢
I was told to keep my tank type toon on gold always and other toons can have their accts slide to silver if funding the accounts became a problem, however, what exactly is gained or lost by being gold then going silver on a maxed out toon? Loss of aa abilities? casting abilities? etc? I guess i am trying to decide, does a gold wiz or silver wiz behave identically or is equally capable? Maybe its just merc access? Any info or advice out there is greatly appreciated!

only thing that suffers is gear and spells/discs. you cant use anything prestige which means only T1 gear and less choice of augs (not so bad a prob if you have TBM expac ), and you can only use rank 1 spells/scrolls

oh and limited to apprentice mercs

not super important but there is a rank 2 unlocker in the marketplace after the acct lapses to silver, it can't be bought while the account is still gold.

you also are probably over the 1k AA cap, you keep the AA you already have but you can't earn more. i.e. if you burn glyphs on named you won't be able to earn the AA to buy more.

If you've maxed your AA's out while all access, and have TBM and are fully group geared there with the non-prestige gear (all of it), and have the augs from TBM and some select COTF T1 augs that are also non-prestige, all you need to do if you feel like it, is purchase that rank 2 unlocker in the marketplace for 750 DBC, and you are running pretty darn good.. Thats what I did with both my wizzies, and they are doing just fine..

Granted you might miss out on a few pieces of gear or augs (aka splinter of potency) but really, the overall effect is minimal unless you're a min/maxer...

Tank class, on the other hand, you need EVERY high AC aug you can get, of which its a mix of prestige and non... you also would do better with the Highwater breastplate than the TBM crypt hunter one, its got alot more AC on it, even though its 1 xpac back.. As for EoK, i have NO idea what their plan was, and since i didnt pre-order, I havent seen anything yet..

EoK T1 Group armor is non-prestige. Warrior BP is 493ac 4300hp with type 5,7 and 13 aug slots, last I looked. I think the gear will be on merchants and sell for whatever the currency you'll get for EoK HA's. Not sure, but maybe we'll see type 7 augs on merchants like CoTF.

I have a ton of teams, and all but 1 are gold tank and ftp for the rest. In order for your tank to be viable he will need the best gear and augs, those are prestiege (gold) - I do have a tank with full Gelid and CToV raid gear all is non-prestiege so he fights now as FTP but he is by no means as good as any of my gold tanks. Most are TBM Raid geared (prestiege)

What Raz said.

The Gold tank Vs Silver tank difference is in the gear for the most part. (plus ranks of his disc's)

Tanks are gear dependent, and of course the "good" gear/augs are prestige. You can get by with a gimp tank but... you chances of survival drop significantly. As sort of visual... imagine handling what ever content he can handle gold.... then when he is silver imagine he dropped 6-7 levels while trying to handle the same content. It's doable... but rough.

Effects of being gold vs silver on a maxed out toon (full aa and xp)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back