• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Plugin - MQ2CPULoad (1 Viewer)

Thank You dewey2461 for letting us use your plugin

Problem: Lets say you use WinEQ to load your six box team on a quad core CPU. Only two of your six get their own cpu cores, the other four get doubled up. Now lets say you need to alt tab between the instances to run up a ramp or do a turn in to an NPC. Your stuck dealing with the laggy instances as you tab through them.

Solution: This plugin detects that the top instance has keyboard focus and will balance the eq clients every 6s so that instances marked high priority and/or the focus will get its own core. So in the case above when you alt tab this plugin will move the other instance to a different core and your frame rates for the top client climbs back to normal.

Tested on a quad core machine running 64 bit vista with up to seven eq clients.

Commands:

Rich (BB code):
/cpu ; shows basic status
/cpu help ; shows help info
/cpu auto ; turns on auto balancing
/cpu manual ; turns off auto balancing
/cpu set <core> ; manually moves current instance to another core
/cpu high ; flags current instance as high priority
/cpu low ; flags current instance as low priority
/cpu report <level> ; how much debugging info do you want?

What the /cpu status shows

MQ2CpuLoad::Status for XYZ
Core 1 [ 20 ] Foobar 21 FPS , Fooclr 20 FPS
Core 2 [ 11 ] >Foomnk 35 FPS

This shows three characters Foobar, Fooclr, and Foomnk running on a dual
core system with the frame rates shown.

In front of each character name will be a status symbol:
> the character has keyboard focus.
* the character is flaged high priority.
- the character has not responded in 6s and may be going LD.

MQ2CpuLoad - Thank you dewey2461!

Problem: Lets say you load your six box team on a quad core CPU using the normal launcher, WinEQ or MQ2. Only two of your six get their own cpu cores, the other four get doubled up. Now lets say you need to alt tab between the instances to run up a ramp or do a turn in to an NPC. Your stuck dealing with the laggy instances as you tab through them.

Solution: This plugin detects that the top instance has keyboard focus and will balance the eq clients every 6s so that instances marked high priority and/or the focus will get its own core. So in the case above when you alt tab this plugin will move the other instance to a different core and your frame rates for the top client climbs back to normal.

Commands:

Rich (BB code):
/cpu ; shows basic status
/cpu help ; shows help info
/cpu auto ; turns on auto balancing
/cpu manual ; turns off auto balancing
/cpu set <core> ; manually moves current instance to another core
/cpu high ; flags current instance as high priority
/cpu low ; flags current instance as low priority
/cpu report <level> ; how much debugging info do you want?

What the /cpu status shows

MQ2CpuLoad::Status for XYZ
Core 1 [ 20 ] Foobar 21 FPS , Fooclr 20 FPS
Core 2 [ 11 ] >Foomnk 35 FPS

This shows three characters Foobar, Fooclr, and Foomnk running on a dual
core system with the frame rates shown.

In front of each character name will be a status symbol:
> the character has keyboard focus.
* the character is flaged high priority.
- the character has not responded in 6s and may be going LD.

Discuss MQ2CPULoad in our level 2 forum:
http://www.redguides.com/community/showthread.php/45707-MQ2CPULoad

so I am finding that with the current mq2/kiss the system seems a bit laggy... so to fix this I ALWAYS lock the cleric/healer to core 2, ie
Rich (BB code):
 /cpu set 2
on the cleric, the rest set to auto or even setting tank to 1, cleric to 2, 2 dps to 3 and 2 dps to 4 seems to work wonders!

I'm trying this with isboxer, running 12 toons- Doesnt seem to really do anything. I'm gonna mess with it for a while and see whats getting in the way here- I think its isb.

so I am finding that with the current mq2/kiss the system seems a bit laggy... so to fix this I ALWAYS lock the cleric/healer to core 2, ie
Rich (BB code):
 /cpu set 2
on the cleric, the rest set to auto or even setting tank to 1, cleric to 2, 2 dps to 3 and 2 dps to 4 seems to work wonders!

Where do you have this code?
Is it in start up .bat, a hotkey, or a separate macro???

Is this the same as setting the affinity?

Thank you Razkle,
Playbetter

I can't get this plugin to work correctly for me.

Is there any way to put client 1 on cpu 1 & 2, client 2 on cpu 3 &4, client 3 on cpu 4&5 and client 4 on cpu 6 & 7?

What all do I need to set this up?

I think that may have been true in the past but its not anymore.

Case in point.. I set CPU Affinity 1 core to 1 client and it gave me 34 frames per second as per Fraps.

As soon as I put a second core (in addition to the first core), it jumped me to 101 frames per second.

Since EQ is a mostly CPU oriented game.. I'm thinking it makes a difference now.

The game would have had to have its entire architecture rewritten for it to fully utilise multiple cores. Almost no software utilises true multi-thread usage because from a procedural standpoint it is a nightmare to code and buggy. Most software IS written to seek the core with lower demand on it. The more likely performance boost you are seeing is the result of you having a shitload of things operating. Lets say a bunch of processes are all trying to use core 2 but not 3, if Eq is also trying to use core 2 you will have a bottle neck, if you tell it you can use Core 2 or Core 3 it suddenly finds Core 3 free and you notice in game improvement.

No it was not a shitload of things.

It was Windows 10 freshly booted with a AMD Ryzen CPU. I gave it CPU Affinity 10 for the first client and then 11 for the 2nd. No other programs running besides MQ2.

Now this is why I really thought it would be nice to spread them around to more cores evenly. I can do that manually in task manager with set affinity but I was hoping MQ2CPULoad would do it automatically.

Plugin - MQ2CPULoad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back