• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Timestamp.... (1 Viewer)

janktron

RedCents
751¢
is there anyway to turn off timestamp on 1 of my boxes and keep it on the others permanently? since timestamp jacks up parsing with gamparse i turn it off on the 1 account that logs the fights. however, upon logging in the next time, timestamp is off on all my accounts.....so i turn it on for all the other accounts...and the next time i log in timestamp is turned on for the one account that i parse with so i have to turn it off again on that again, and the next time i log in.....the vicious cycle keeps repeating, lol. so is there a fix for this?

It's a flag in the ini. Short of running out of two different MQ2 directories there wouldn't be a way really. Considering that you are using EQBC you can just make a hotbutton on the character you want timestamping OFF for that is this:

/timestamp OFF
/bca //timestamp ON

From the Mothership Wiki (see it learn it love it):
Rich (BB code):
* Configs that are automatically loaded:

AutoExec.CFG
    Executed on the first pulse

CharSelect.CFG
    Executed when you are put at character select

server_character.CFG
    Executed when this character enters the world

mapshortname.CFG
    Executed when you zone into this zone

pluginname-AutoExec.CFG
    Executed when this plugin is loaded (after its initialization is complete)

oh, derp lol...

so if i create a "server_charname.cfg" with 1 line "/timestamp off" and put it in my base MQ directory it wioll autoload everytime i launch MQ?
No it has to be placed inside the Configs folder. But if it's there then yes...

(next question: what Configs folder? A: create it in the same folder as macroquest.exe aka the "release" folder...

Haha, I couldn't (and won't be able to for another few hours ) test it out last night bc I wasnt home. Seems like these cfg files could be pretty useful though, thanks for pointing me in the right direction :)

They added Timestamps into the base EQ game. Just turn them on in Base EQ on 1 char and that's it - it wont turn them on in MQ2 for other chars.

OR, turn them on ingame on all chars but 1 and it won't turn them on for that 1 char.

Everyone is trying to solve this issue with rocket science when all you need to do is right click on the chat window and highlight "Timestamps" =P

Question - Timestamp....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back