• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Test Update 09/14/16 - Patch Notes and Discussions (1 Viewer)

Inkie

RedCents
3,963¢
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-09-14-16-patch-notes-and-discussions.234915/

September 14, 2016

*** Items ***

- The particles on the weapons Dawn and The Warder have been adjusted.
- Fixed a bug that caused the particles on the Battle Cat Mounts to not display.
- The particles on the weapons Dawn and The Warder have been adjusted.
- Fixed a bug that caused the particles on the Battle Cat Mounts to not display.
- Vergalid Slave Manacles now stack up to 20. They now can not be worn.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Raid 6 in Discord Tower now has a more appropriate name.
- Fixed a mysterious issue with the Dorina's Potion quest.
- Look to the marketplace this October for the Big Cat in a Bag. Each one contains a random adoptable big cat familiar. Trade them to your friends or collect them all yourself, and keep an eye out for some rare and unique feline familiars!
- Berserker Epic 1.5 Quest - You will no longer to be in a raid to get credit for testing all the axes against An Ancient Sebilite Protector in Sebilis. You do still have to kill the Ancient Sebilite Protector to get credit and you still have to kill his buddies first.

*** Spells ***

- Fixed a bug that would cause buffs that increase your movement rate to slow the run-speed of players with high amounts of run-speed AA ability effects.
- Spells and abilities that trigger effects when you block will now function with Staff Block and Shield Block.
- Fixed an issue where a number of spells and abilities that return health, mana, or endurance based on the amount of damage done were not properly capped.
- Corrected an issue that prevented bard songs from costing endurance.
- Bard - Raised the endurance cost of Dichotomic Psalm, increased the amount of damage it adds to spells and melee strikes, increased the amount it heals, and lowered the amount of mana and endurance that is restored.
- Enchanter - Increased the mana cost and spell damage added by Dichotomic Reinforcement. Lowered the amount of mana returned to the group when it is cast.
- Paladin - Changed Holy Guardian Effect so that it can now properly cast Holy Guardian Heal on successful shield blocks and ripostes in addition to bash attempts. Added a proc limit of 120 to the effect so that it is no longer as effective against large numbers of targets.
- Shadowknight - Changed Unholy Guardian Effect so that it can now properly cast Unholy Guardian Lifetap on successful shield blocks and ripostes in addition to bash attempts. Added a proc limit of 120 to the effect so that it is no longer as effective against large numbers of targets.

*** NPCs ***

- Test Server only - In the Plane of Sky, Noble Dojorn, a thunder spirit princess, Gorgalosk, and the Eye of Veeshan will again spawn correctly.

*** Tradeskills ***

- The Aloe Tip will now show up on merchants even if the "Show only items I can use" box is checked.

*** AA ***

- AA abilities that allow your melee attacks to trigger spells will no longer report spell casting failures if either you or your target does not meet the requirements for the spell.
- - Ex: Strike of Ire as triggered from the warrior ability Infused by Rage 21 will no longer periodically display 'Your spell is interrupted.'
- Berserker - 'Furious Rampage' will no longer reduce the damage of the 1-4 hits triggered by the 'Rampage' activated ability.

*** Progression Servers ***

- The Mount Key Ring will now be accessible on progression servers before The Darkened Sea, if you have purchased The Darkened Sea, The Broken Mirror, or the newly added Marketplace Mount Key Ring Feature Unlock.
- Scribe Zikett will begin selling his wares in the Plane of Knowledge once Call of the Forsaken has unlocked on the server.

*** Collections ***

- Moved one of the collection locations in Exalted Life and Exalted Decay to prevent them from appearing out of reach.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Added an option to the display tab of the options window that allows you to see pre-Luclin PC characters on mounts. The ability to summon and ride mounts is no longer disabled on pre-Luclin PC character models.
- Non-melee damage dealt by player pets will now display to all players around the victim, rather than just the pet's owner.
- Fixed an issue where fellowship vitality would drop to 0 when you logged out if you had a high raw vitality number stored on the character.
- Fixed a client crash with shrouds when opening a merchant with spell scrolls.
- Addressed an issue where LDoN leaderboards would show the same person multiple times in the list.

*** UI ***

- Added a third pane to the claim window that contains additional information about a claim (if there is any).
- Fixed a tab title typo in the credits section on the login server.
- Disabled the Welcome Screen and removed the ability to open it.
- Added the ability to opt in or out of Guild Trophy Tribute when not currently in a guild hall.
- Modified the Actions Window so it can support nested controls in custom UIs. The controls were originally only working on the top level tabs in the Actions window.

- Changed -
EQUI_ClaimWnd.xml
EQUI_OptionsWindow.xml

- The EverQuest Team

- - - Updated - - -

- Spells and abilities that trigger effects when you block will now function with Staff Block and Shield Block

that sounds nice

- Fixed an issue where a number of spells and abilities that return health, mana, or endurance based on the amount of damage done were not properly capped.

that probably isnt...

- Bard - Raised the endurance cost of Dichotomic Psalm, increased the amount of damage it adds to spells and melee strikes, increased the amount it heals, and lowered the amount of mana and endurance that is restored.
- Enchanter - Increased the mana cost and spell damage added by Dichotomic Reinforcement. Lowered the amount of mana returned to the group when it is cast.

- Paladin - Changed Holy Guardian Effect so that it can now properly cast Holy Guardian Heal on successful shield blocks and ripostes in addition to bash attempts. Added a proc limit of 120 to the effect so that it is no longer as effective against large numbers of targets.
- Shadowknight - Changed Unholy Guardian Effect so that it can now properly cast Unholy Guardian Lifetap on successful shield blocks and ripostes in addition to bash attempts. Added a proc limit of 120 to the effect so that it is no longer as effective against large numbers of targets.

- Added an option to the display tab of the options window that allows you to see pre-Luclin PC characters on mounts. The ability to summon and ride mounts is no longer disabled on pre-Luclin PC character models.

finally some good news... although that's assuming the art and geometry works correctly.

ARGH! Only a matter of time I knew...
Rich (BB code):

Its a sad sad day... in essence, they want you to fire it at the beginning of battle rather than the end...

ARGH! Only a matter of time I knew...
Rich (BB code):

Its a sad sad day... in essence, they want you to fire it at the beginning of battle rather than the end...

Knowing their track history on this stuff they probably nerfed it into uselessness, but I sure hope not.

NOOOOOO..... my 9 bards are gonna be sad :( - Bard - Raised the endurance cost of Dichotomic Psalm, increased the amount of damage it adds to spells and melee strikes, increased the amount it heals, and lowered the amount of mana and endurance that is restored.

- - - Updated - - -

- Fixed an issue where fellowship vitality would drop to 0 when you logged out if you had a high raw vitality number stored on the character.

I lost a shit load of vitality on 2 groups... let's hope it gets restored?

Rich (BB code):

Goodbye endless mana on the chanter without having to stop to med! Popping the dot on a mob that returns mana when you nuke will now very likely not return as much. It was nice to keep max mana while nuking my face off and pulling. Meh.

Rich (BB code):

Was only a matter of time until this got nerfed. Fuck. All the good shit in game gets taken out, eh?

Oh well, this at least saves me from leveling another 6 bards... dammit

Will be interesting to see who gets the better SUSTAINED(over say 1 hour of fighting) mana regen for group now bard or enchanter post the nerfs.

Oh well, this at least saves me from leveling another 6 bards... dammit

Will be interesting to see who gets the better SUSTAINED(over say 1 hour of fighting) mana regen for group now bard or enchanter post the nerfs.

If its not bard, then there's no longer a reason to have one in 99% of groups.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like an easy enough thing to test, too. I just was recently told about the xptracker plugin (I know, I know... I'm behind the times). Take a group to a consistent camp with a group (mixed caster/melee, perhaps), and then exp for a while while tracking experience. Swap bard with chanter and repeat. See what results in more exp. Easy enough.

Found this on the official forums. Basically, Bard Dicho will be doing ~5% of the mana regen that it used to due to the "bugfix" and the nerf combined.

The changes were already posted, but I'm bringing them up again to make a point -

[49148] Dichotomic Psalm (BRD/101)
END: 6592 7746
Cast Time: 3s Recast Time: 60s
Target: Caster Group
1: Cast: Group - Dichotomic Psalm of Potential
2: Cast: Group - Dichotomic Psalm of Empowerment (100% Chance)

[49160] Dichotomic Psalm of Empowerment 6
Target: Caster Group Single
Max Hits: 12 Outgoing Hit Successes
1: Increase Current HP by 53895712
2: Increase Current Mana by 2586 1139
3: Increase Current Endurance by 455 402
10: Increase Hit Damage Bonus v2 by 118 138

[49154] Dichotomic Psalm of Potential 6
Target: Caster Group Single
Max Hits: 3 Matching Spells
1: Increase Spell Damage Bonus by 4423 6059
2: Limit Effect: Current HP
3: Limit Min Level: 96
4: Limit Max Level: 110 (lose 5% per level)
5: Limit Type: Detrimental
6: Limit Target: Exclude Caster AE
7: Limit Target: Exclude Caster PB
8: Limit Target: Exclude Target AE
9: Limit Min Mana Cost: 10
10: Limit Resist: Magic
11: Limit Resist: Fire
12: Limit Resist: Cold

Dichotomic Psalm was powerful because the spell cast on each group member (and pet) was an additional group HP/M/END heal. So instead of getting healed once for 5000 HP, 2500 M, 450 END, you got 5000 * 6 HP + 2500 * 6 M + 450 * 6 END.

There is a post I wish I could still see, on the TBM beta forums, where this was brought up.

The Dichotomic Psalm on Test is more than a fix - it is a further reduction to what it would have been had the song worked as intended on beta. Meaning, what should have been 2500 M for the group has been reduced to 1139.

Last edited:
This really pisses me off... when was the last time bards got something beneficial to themselves or their group that wasn't a cut/paste from a previous expansion's drivel? I swear (and I realize all other classes would probably bitch and whine about this, too), as a bard I've seen more shit get nerfed than any other class I've ever played.

What this means is bards will again be relegated to "that class" that is unnecessary to have because they don't bring any incredibly unique things anymore. Another wizzy in group = more dps = kill stuff faster. The bard was great because it let you sustain groups for very long periods of time. Now it will matter less to have one. Even overhaste is kind of meh because of how easy it is to get an 18% overhaste clicky. Hell, because it's permanent I just get one and use loyalty tokens to attune/unattune and have all my melee classes click it for the permanent 18% extra haste.

What this means is bards will again be relegated to "that class" that is unnecessary to have because they don't bring any incredibly unique things anymore. Another wizzy in group = more dps = kill stuff faster. The bard was great because it let you sustain groups for very long periods of time. Now it will matter less to have one. Even overhaste is kind of meh because of how easy it is to get an 18% overhaste clicky. Hell, because it's permanent I just get one and use loyalty tokens to attune/unattune and have all my melee classes click it for the permanent 18% extra haste.

Yeah I'm going to be parsing just how much the Aria and Warmarch songs help my SK and Zerker now... If it's not significant, I guess it will be time to get a ACoF to pass around for overhaste and level up an enchanter. Maybe replace my shaman with a mage or another wizard... but then I'm going to want to replace my zerker too. Ugh.

dicho helps zerker but its all about rallying call for them. The Dicho Psalm endurance push was nothing compared to the mana. it was like 5 k vs 40 k

They're futzin with the ENC too. I would suspect their goal is to disallow the constant churn that had zero downtime. Now, and I hate to be optimistic, it might be that it wont be that bad. My grps don't need that much mana capture (as much as they have been getting) after each fight so maybe this will remain viable.

Perhaps we'll have to combine both the nerfed Brd and the nerfed Enc to remain in a constant churn situation, but that leaves a single grp slot open (w/War Clr Brd Enc Wiz grp) for PLing or whatever.

dicho helps zerker but its all about rallying call for them. The Dicho Psalm endurance push was nothing compared to the mana. it was like 5 k vs 40 k

Yeah it's really my SK and Wizard that enjoy major benefits from Dicho. I mentioned zerker because I have a feeling the Bard still adds a lot of DPS to him with Aria and Warmarch... but if it's not significant, I would probably be better served with an Enchanter than a Bard after this change.

I get the feeling that the people making balance decisions are not the actual developers, but instead some emotional management types. It just doesn't make sense to reduce Dicho Psalm another 56% after changing the recourse from group to single, which already reduced it by a factor of 6 for a full group with no pets. With a measured "one change at a time" approach, it's likely they would have actually INCREASED the mana return by some degree after assessing the initial change.

Looking at the numbers, for my group with 2 buffable pets, Psalm will return ~6% of the mana that it did previously. From ~20000 mana per cast to 1139 mana per cast (per player). Jeez.

Looking at the numbers, for my group with 2 buffable pets, Psalm will return ~6% of the mana that it did previously. From ~20000 mana per cast to 1139 mana per cast (per player). Jeez.

Which isn't even a single cast of a modern spell for 90% of classes. And with a 60 sec refresh? Would go from incredibly overpowered to never mem'd again.

Which isn't even a single cast of a modern spell for 90% of classes. And with a 60 sec refresh? Would go from incredibly overpowered to never mem'd again.

Yeah and they're also saying something about Bard songs now properly taking endurance when they weren't taking endurance before. Bard doesn't have the Rest line so I'm guessing they're going to start running out of end now if they try to use Dicho every 60s.

All bard songs taking endurance? Bards were traditionally not subject to endurance drains and rarely used mana (fade, and some of the mana/health boost lines are exceptions). If bard songs are ALL going to take endurance......................... fuck that.

All bard songs taking endurance? Bards were traditionally not subject to endurance drains and rarely used mana (fade, and some of the mana/health boost lines are exceptions). If bard songs are ALL going to take endurance......................... fuck that.

I think it's only the songs that are supposed to cost endurance like Dicho Psalm, but weren't taking any endurance.

This will get further tuned if it turns out to be a totally useless song in our melodies. I really don't see the justification in the nerf, sure if it was intended to cost endurance, fine. However, as a purely ADPS class, the nerf seems a bit harsh. It's ashamed to have gone through progression and paying for TBM and have something like this come up so late as were approaching the next expansion. This should have been dealt with much sooner and much more reasonably.

My guess, there are encounters in the new expansion that drain mana/end, and the Dicho would have made them too easy to do (endurance tests, mana drain mobs, etc)...

News - Test Update 09/14/16 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back