• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

starting new bard (1 Viewer)

shadowman33

RedCents
70¢
OK, you all have broken me down and now I am starting a bard LOL. I've wished for kite macro's for my druid for some time, but not even sure they can be done. I know the ultimate pl'er is the bard at high lvl's so that is what I'll do. What I am wondering though is everyone's opinions on best bard macro, equipment, etc.

I 2 box and want to run the bard afk macro constantly till he lvls high enough to pl my 64 druid. I will pl the bard unitl certain lvl, but what is the good lvl to stop pl'ing my bard with the druid and let the bard run on the macro. I want to run an afk macro even though I will not be afk. I will work with the Druid on one, and let the bard run macro on the other while I keep an eye on it. So this is what i am curious about.

1. Best macro to run.
2. The right equipment to get bard
3. Right zones to run macro. (I assume prolly Forgotten Halls due to instanced.)
4. What level to start him on the macro and let him go.
5. Basically just your opinions on the best way to go about this.

Thank you in advance.

shadowman33 said:
1. Best macro to run.
2. The right equipment to get bard
3. Right zones to run macro. (I assume prolly Forgotten Halls due to instanced.)
4. What level to start him on the macro and let him go.
5. Basically just your opinions on the best way to go about this.

Thank you in advance.

Articles to read:

PL 1-50 single day

Summary: DS by high lvl toon - PL toon hits for 1 point and gets all exp

PLvl 1-70 (bard macro) _ PLVL

(this is how I have PLed in the Past)

1-10 (min lvl 2 but any lvl in there is good) - Tutorial

10-15 CB

15 - 22/3 PC - An Outcast Shiknar

22-42 DSP - Zelniaks rule

42-52 Dulaks harbor - Anything

On the map - see just east of boat 3... the building with the little wall north of it. Thats a safe place... Good to park toons there.. and pull to it.

dulakmap.html

Link to map

FH Macro

This is not PL EXP .. its just Good AFK exp. Once your bard gets 42 - the druid

With that being said ............

MY newblet Bard: has tutoral gear + one of each instrument

I took him to 10 in the tutorial .. just to see all it offered.

I have been using AFK Bard macro

I started in Hollowshade.. as i posted in that thread..

But then i moved to FH and the FH Macro

I have been getting instances with a mage that is a few levels higher than the bard... maybe 4-6

the mobs are all white and yellow to the bard.. and DK B to the mage..

Good AFK EXP.

IDEAS

1. I just got a FH instanced with a 70 ENC ... zoned in then invited a 51 WAR.. BAM he got in...

2. I camped the 70 ENC and invited a lvl 1 toon .. he got the instance.. BUT he can not use magus.. so .. maybe pl to 15 or whatever .. so u can use magus to zone to nedaria ..

3. Get instanced with druid - accept instanced invite.. THEN do not grp .. just both go in .. Druid pulls one at a time uses DS to work them down

4. Get instanced with a toon so the mobs are red.. just not 40 lvls red
gotta beable to do 1pt dmg (or more damage than the root spell does 10 pts i believe)

8-)

*** EDIT ***

I just got a lvl 19 toon to grp with the lvl 51 toon and both are in instance.. so level restriction does not apply to the instanced dungeon

8-)

Last edited:
This means its possible to do an instanced with the LVL mobs u want.

ie your toon is lvl 10 .. you want lvl 20 mobs

get instanced with lvl 22-24 toon
Zone in
add PLer (druid or bard)
have PLer Zone in
Camp 22-24 toon
Add PLee
Zone in .

use DS PLing technique!!!

well pl'ing the bard is not an issue at all. I pl for most all the lower lvl toons in my guild all the time with my 64 druid. What my intentions were, were to pl the bard to the proper lvl to just let the bard run on the afk macro on the second box while i play on my druid doing other things. After bard gets high enough, reverse that to pl the druid to 70 using the bard. Like right now with scarlet being hot zone, I pull tons of non casting mobs and let me ds beat the crap out of them while they do the one point and sit back if they want to. I'm just really looking for your experienced knowledge on best bard equipment to get for him, best zones for running my circles, best macro, etc. You have given me some really good info though and thank you greatly. So from what i get, it's probably best to pl the bard to low 40's before i let him run off on the macro?

i say pl at least to 12... the single nuke is needed for most AFKing..

at 12 youcan do the FH AFK.. and jsut let him roll

if you can get the instanced with another toon .. a few levels higher.. then it just gets him higher level mobs to beat on.

but even if you just ran the FH mac .. he would do OK..just lvl slower

in one day (getting mobs with the mage) I lvled the bard 6 lvls.. using the target.mac in FH

As for gear I am not smart on bard gear.. I would assume just get him some nice HP gear

8-)

armysoldier said:
i say pl at least to 12... the single nuke is needed for most AFKing..

at 12 youcan do the FH AFK.. and jsut let him roll

if you can get the instanced with another toon .. a few levels higher.. then it just gets him higher level mobs to beat on.

but even if you just ran the FH mac .. he would do OK..just lvl slower

in one day (getting mobs with the mage) I lvled the bard 6 lvls.. using the target.mac in FH

As for gear I am not smart on bard gear.. I would assume just get him some nice HP gear

8-)

/agree HP Gear is nice but also advice on Intrument mods and augs

You might also want to consider the velium power level as well. Usefull for those pain in arse levels. My suggestion-
1. Create toon.
2. Zone into Pok (leave bind point in Tutorial)
3. Do Pok Quests
4. Bone Chip/Velium PL the toon
5. Get spells
6. Get any gear you want from tutorial zone by /gate
7. PL using alternate moethods after that. Velium PL should only about an hour or so to get ya to 30 (but expensive)

ok started the bard, got him so decent gear and one of each instrument. Got him to lcvl 15 in couple hours no prob. Now you can all laugh at me for this LOL, but being completely new to bards I have to ask. Why is it that no matter what instrument I play, I gain in percussion? Still getting used to not having to stop and cast, and setting up twists.

its the song you sing...

like spells songs use a skill (singing,percussion, string etc etc)

the instrument gives the modifyer to make singing a song better... but only effects songs that use the skill

ie percussion is improved when using drum

does that sound right?

starting new bard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back