• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - PL'n but not really (1 Viewer)

RedCents
408¢
So last night I decided to start up a group of new toons. With LC nerfed, I decided to just goof around since I've never really learned how to DS PL anyone in teh past. What I did was loaded up the 6 new toons and grouped them all in Cresent Reach together. I also loaded up a 100 Druid that I ran over to them. I had the druid buff them with the highest skin, ds, regen and pack shrew. I took the rogue of the group and put the other 5 all on /follow (mq2 follow > normal follow and stays). I then took the 100 druid and them them on follow on one of the other characters so they lagged a little further behind the rest. Once the follow modes were in place for all, I had them all target the rogue again including the druid so I could heal it later. At this point, I set my ISBoxer to F8 hotkey and Q (attack) together. I promptly starting running around with the rogue looking for red con mobs. I would get close to one and F8 as a group and then Q as a group. Everyone would jump on him until someone landed a hit, typically a couple seconds. Soon as I got a hit on the mob, I'd take teh rogue and run to another. Of course everyone would follow and repeat the F8 and Q process. Letting hit mobs kill themselves on teh group as I ran about. Every once in awhile I would toss a patch heal with the druid and keep going. It was dumb, slow and less than efficient but I have to say, I was having a totally blast doing it. My intention was to get up a few levels and then try to learn proper way to DS PL in Undershore or something. I wouldn't say it's a strat or a guide by any means but felt like sharing.

RedCents
100¢
Something funky seems to be going on with DS PL at the moment, at least on Phinny. Mobs all run at 40%, even if there is a swarm of them. In the past only the last mob would run. I have only been able to use DS PL on undead mobs that don't flee.

RedCents
1,249¢
Grey con mobs will flee at 40-50% from a high level (or DS) if the low level has not done anything to them yet on all servers. Has always been this way.

RedCents
24,976¢
When PL'n low level characters this works to your advantage, if you have a cleric. I like to use the viral reverse DS the cleric has, the mobs run away and start infecting other mobs, that in turn, run back to camp and get killed by the DS. It is funny to watch.

RedCents
408¢
When PL'n low level characters this works to your advantage, if you have a cleric. I like to use the viral reverse DS the cleric has, the mobs run away and start infecting other mobs, that in turn, run back to camp and get killed by the DS. It is funny to watch.

Did a run ding reverse DS from a cleric and the cleric got all the kill credit even though the lowbies did plenty of damange. Would someone else do a run and advise if they got same results please.

RedCents
2,214¢
Doing it wrong::

Get a Bard + 5 toons you want plvled.
Get your PLVL Crew: SK (with Zlandicar heart to stop Riposte), Bard, Enc, Cleric, Druid or Mage (Druid can replace CLR if you want)

SK Pulls basically the whole zone (without damage shields active)
Bard plays AOE slow, snare, damage shield, haste + damage shield, regen
Enc twists stuns to keep the mobs from doing anything // SK starts spamming AOE taunts

Low level bard plays dissonance Level 2 AOE dmg song.

Once you feel that you have done 1pt of dmg to all chars
1 - Buff Dmg shields on the SK
2 - Stop enchanter stuns
3 - Spam sit on your tank depending on your gear to make it go faster
4 - Watch the levels fly

Rinse and Repeat :: I can go 1-70 in about 5 hours for an entire group doing this method.
The low level bard makes this super easy, but not required. I have a macro somewhere I can dig up that makes sure the low level melee's every mob in the stun back.
Takes longer, but it's possible. I really only use that method if I'm plvling one character. Even 1 toon + bard goes faster, so I usually always bring the bard.

Until you get to zones like Wall of Slaughter the cleric just kinda watches... Eventually your cleric is helping spam heals on the tank.
I was pulling most of the grounds the other day and had 3 clerics 1 sham 1 druid 1 bard as just a heal group, and then in my PLVL group had the SK/Bard/Enc running 3 healing mercs... was insane and crazy good exp.

- - - Updated - - -

Did a run ding reverse DS from a cleric and the cleric got all the kill credit even though the lowbies did plenty of damange. Would someone else do a run and advise if they got same results please.

Cleric reverse damage shields appear to have been changed to credit damage to the cleric... FeelsBadMan I tested this last week, and never got exp if I used the CLR dmg shield.
It used to work like 5years ago lol.

RedCents
408¢

Get your PLVL Crew: SK (with Zlandicar heart to stop Riposte), Bard, Enc, Cleric, Druid or Mage (Druid can replace CLR if you want)

Enc twists stuns to keep the mobs from doing anything // SK starts spamming AOE taunts

2 - Stop enchanter stuns
4 - Watch the levels fly

Rinse and Repeat :: I can go 1-70 in about 5 hours for an entire group doing this method.
The low level bard makes this super easy, but not required. I have a macro somewhere I can dig up that makes sure the low level melee's every mob in the stun back.
Takes longer, but it's possible. I really only use that method if I'm plvling one character. Even 1 toon + bard goes faster, so I usually always bring the bard.

Until you get to zones like Wall of Slaughter the cleric just kinda watches... Eventually your cleric is helping spam heals on the tank.
I was pulling most of the grounds the other day and had 3 clerics 1 sham 1 druid 1 bard as just a heal group, and then in my PLVL group had the SK/Bard/Enc running 3 healing mercs... was insane and crazy good exp.

- - - Updated - - -

Cleric reverse damage shields appear to have been changed to credit damage to the cleric... FeelsBadMan I tested this last week, and never got exp if I used the CLR dmg shield.

I did three pulls and used rev dmg sheild on cleric... before I realized I was doing it right, it just doesn't work anymore. LOL

RedCents
2,214¢
I'm referring to the running mobs... The cleric DS is just a sad thing :( mobs don't run if you are doing it right :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deltree

RedCents
48¢

2 - Stop enchanter stuns
4 - Watch the levels fly

- - - Updated - - -

Used to do something close to this to PL toons
SK with a fire beetle eye since it was easy to get to remove riposte chances.
Mage
2 Cleric mercs for healing.

Same basic method, round em up with SK, and cycle through my AE taunts
PLee group was a bard and the PL'ed toons. Bard using level 2 AE song.
Throw on the Mage DS once all mobs were damaged as well as the high damage DS.

Most fun for me was PoF at C2 to grind some AAs using same method. C2 castle in a couple pulls, then the yard trash the next. You could also just DS one of the Cleric mercs if for some reason they grab aggro.

RedCents
900¢
Used to do something close to this to PL toons
SK with a fire beetle eye since it was easy to get to remove riposte chances.

It's actually easier than that now. All EQ characters get the AA "Summon Tome of the Hero's Journey" for free now. The tome of the hero's journey can be equipped in your mainhand so you don't even need to kill a fire beetle now.

Rick Rock

RedCents
You guys are mixing up cleric DS's, that's what is confusing people. Mark of Karn line works as normal DS, that still and always does work as normal DS PLing. But the viral DS (spreads to other mobs) has never worked as unassigned damage so using it means the cleric is getting kill credit for mobs instead of the PL group, unless the PL group managed to out damage the cleric's assigned damage.

RedCents
66¢
Clerics Mark line is a single tar ds, it works but so slow. The Blood line ds spreads form one mob to the other and is what I use and it works too. Trained a bunch of undead with the 95 blood ds onto my lvl 2 toon, which is now lvl 10. Took about 10min with a rezzing and rebuffing the toon a few times.

RedCents
98¢
The person getting hit with the viral ds on is dealing damage. so what you do is you run the viral around have the lowbie use ae pots and have the cleric da as soon as the train is in. While da'd you pop the ae pot a couple times the lowbie will get hit and the reverse ds will count as damage done by them giving them kill credit. Just need to make sure the toon you are using is buffed and has max stat food and drink to survive the incoming damage but with a HoT and good buffs/food you don't die much.

RedCents
887¢
I haven't done this in a while, but I always used my Bard for DS PLing because it's so easy to pull trains and keep agro with the AE slow pulse. 1-20 in CR, 20-30 or so in Mesa, 30-50 ish? in Roost, then move on to the POK Kaesora instance until high enough to group with a swarm PLer. Greig's End was also good for 50-60ish range PLing. I once had a Ranger that stayed at 85 and I used to AA PL in Pofire. I'd only log the lowbies in for the pull and log them out when they were all dead so preserve XP pots - a single 4 hour pot could last days. guessing it's a lot slower now with headshot nerfed.

RedCents
2,214¢
I also like to Rune the Sk so I can stay seated while mobs blast away at killing themselves.

Wizards also work great for this with numbing cold at lvl 1. PBAE

RedCents
98¢
Wurmslayer on any live server rapes for PLing. I just flip hatching a plan instance you can duck/sit with the Wurmy's perma rune until about lvl 70 then you might need a cleric merc to pop some heals on you. Only downfall is you only do 4-5 toons at a timeif you use a mage or druid to add extra ds to make it faster.

Akatora

RedCents
430¢
did they do away with the lichen creep tasks that had no level requirements? that would ding a level 1 to almost 50 or 60 in about 30 min worth of work

RedCents
1,103¢
Lichen Creep tasks were nerfed/fixed last June.

I was wondering about the Wurmy too. It would turn your tank into God mode until mobs start hitting over 1750.

Sum1

Warriors are inferior (read: crybaby) tanks
RedCents
5,362¢
Lichen Creep tasks were nerfed/fixed last June.

I was wondering about the Wurmy too. It would turn your tank into God mode until mobs start hitting over 1750.

Ironically, I was thinking about this very same thing a couple days ago lol... on my server the Den Mother seems to be up a lot, so I was considering schwacking her for the wurm on my sk, even though I'll never use it for anything other than PL'ing. Only thing that sucks about having the Wurm equipped, though, is you have to be really careful about Ripos.

Anonymous

RedCents
158¢
Wurmslayer makes SK silly for DS powerleveling. Face him into a corner and spam 2-3 AoE aggro spells. I was doing this in Field of Scale and able to pull the entire zone. Was able to Plvl someone to 85 super fast with this method.

Sum1

RedCents
5,362¢
Wurmslayer makes SK silly for DS powerleveling. Face him into a corner and spam 2-3 AoE aggro spells. I was doing this in Field of Scale and able to pull the entire zone. Was able to Plvl someone to 85 super fast with this method.

Hardest part about "pulling the entire zone" is the time it takes to gather the entire zone, baby the train so that mobs warping around doesn't cause you to lose agro, and all that. It's almost faster to just pull parts of the zone over and over rather than taking the time to gather it all up.

Anonymous

RedCents
158¢
Hardest part about "pulling the entire zone" is the time it takes to gather the entire zone, baby the train so that mobs warping around doesn't cause you to lose agro, and all that. It's almost faster to just pull parts of the zone over and over rather than taking the time to gather it all up.

Agreed Sum, I did the entire zone just to see if I could, it's way more efficient to pull 30-40 in smaller clumps.

RedCents
2,214¢
FYI

In case anyone was wondering... you can get the Honed Wurmslayer effect without having All Access... Equipping it gives you the immunity, but not the stats (also helps make Riposte not hit like a truck).

Sum1

RedCents
5,362¢
FYI

In case anyone was wondering... you can get the Honed Wurmslayer effect without having All Access... Equipping it gives you the immunity, but not the stats (also helps make Riposte not hit like a truck).

Can only equip it if you were prestige when you did for the first time AND you don't unequip it, correct?

I have a few prestige augs that I wanted to stick in non-prestige gear before I ate a krono, but it wouldn't let me until AFTER I was all access via krono.

Discussion - PL'n but not really

Users who are viewing this thread