• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Guide - Account Management Spreadsheet by Rustycat (1 Viewer)

RedCents
408¢
All,

I thought I saw something simliar to this on RG long ago but couldn't seem to find it. Regardless, I've been using a spreadsheet of my own format for awhile (basically at the point Raz got me motivated on a larger scale of things). There's no real magic to it but when you are dealing with more than a handful of accounts and have goals with those characters, things can get bogged down and losing track is extremely easy to do. Once you set it up, you can highlight and drag the columns to the right for as many characters as you want. As you populate the general information it also fills out a column to the right that you can later use to copy and paste into your autologin.ini files etc. The only thing I've added to this spreadsheet myself since I started using the format was I added rows at the bottom with Flags for the various expansions etc completed on the character. I keep up the gear information so when I'm bouncing through bazaar's or looking at gear drops, I know if it's needed or useful quickly just by scanning through the spreadsheet. If you don't have something like this already in place and more than a handful of characters to keep up on, use it or make something yourself that suits you.

-Rustycat

Attachments

• EQAccSpreadSheetTemplate.xls
    710.5 KB · Views: 124
lmao my spreadsheet is WAY different, I track login, email, pass, level, aa, aa per day, gear lvel, spells lvl, expac. so much more.... but I am tracking a lot more toons

lmao my spreadsheet is WAY different, I track login, email, pass, level, aa, aa per day, gear lvel, spells lvl, expac. so much more.... but I am tracking a lot more toons

Oh, I'm sure you track a lot more stuff than most of us would Raz without a doubt! :) I do color code my groupings together but as for aa's and lvls etc, not something I realyl concern about since they run with the same group of toons regularly. Point is, this was a start depending on what people are trying to do. I shared because I people start building up their armies and don't think about it. Unfortunately there's some repercussions by not taking steps like this. Not everyone has the same needs but everyone should organize and track what they do need in order to manage and protect their accounts.

I started using a spreadsheet to track my accounts shortly after making my first six accounts. It's not much but at least I know which toon is on which account on which server.

any way you can download character info from EQ to this spreadsheet?

I have been doing my manually regarding gear and such since I started all this again early this year. There used to be a way to output data from magelo.com for a listing of gear that could be used to update it back in the day. Not sure that feature is still available or not. That's what I used to do 8 years ago.

There is always /outputfile inventory SomeFileName, which will put all your gear, your inventory, and bank, into a text file in your Everquest folder.

Also, even better, Tone built CharacterSheets which combined with MQ2log, a mack to dump all info, and his standalone exe to parse the resultant data, creates a multi-tabbed HTML page complete with magelo (or Allas) links for gear, augs, etc. It's nifty! And it still works!

There is always /outputfile inventory SomeFileName, which will put all your gear, your inventory, and bank, into a text file in your Everquest folder.

Also, even better, Tone built CharacterSheets which combined with MQ2log, a mack to dump all info, and his standalone exe to parse the resultant data, creates a multi-tabbed HTML page complete with magelo (or Allas) links for gear, augs, etc. It's nifty! And it still works!

Thanks for the promo work lmao

Should switch to google doc having to have office or libreoffice installed sucks hehe.
I have all my info in a private one for my accounts

Would be very cool if someone wrote a macro to update a google-sheet or google-fusion-tables

Guide - Account Management Spreadsheet by Rustycat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back