• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - An addon system for Phinigel & Quarm (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It gives u timestamps. And you can initiate a trade by clicking the name in the target window if you have something on your cursor. You can do /echo ${Me.Level} to find out what your level is.
You can do /whotarget and it will display some info on who your target is.
And a few other things nothing too serious.
You can do /stick 5 and it will follow your target around 5 feet behind it.
you can do /casting "some spell" and it will.
You can not make it play the game for you while afk. At least I don't know of a way for it to do that, but others claim it's possible.
It can accept trades automatically unless that plugin is broken last I heard it needed a fix,
It can uhm accept rezzes automatically as well.
(Make sure u configure it to only accept 96% rezzes)

Oh and it can run eqbc to send commands to other characters but I don't know how to set that up unless it's on the same computer, I'm sure someone knows how to configure routers and stuff for multiple pcs but I never tried that.

I'm sure the pros here can fill u in on some other stuff that can be done, all I know it's a very limited version of mq2, you can't expect it to do anything super duper really, just a little extra utility.
It cannot run any macros or macro commands at all. Only a few plugins can be loaded. They are listed in the first post. /help macro might display a list of its available commands but I'm not exactly sure, not at a computer right now so I can't check that one and I can't remember if that's disabled, I think it might be working, try it.

I'm also very curious to know how to use true box mq2 afk when it has no macro engine in it and there are no macro commands in it either, can someone confirm if holy and downs work for mq2melee or not? I know the /if command doesn't exist in that build so I would think that those would fail miserably but if people are able to afk maybe they found a way around that limitation...

I think if people are afking then they're not doing much better than what can be accomplished with an autofire controller.

I'm afraid of running it on my main account with the thought that eventually it'll get a lot of people banned. Having said that, how about x-target? I know some people said they already had a super secret version on phinny, but I would love to have that 1 window back! And how about item information? value, etc?

There is no mq2 for phinigel or quarm here but if there where i would have to assume it wouldn't be ok to use on these two servers or they wouldn't scan for it.
If you meant mq2 true box edition, I don't know.

As for all other servers all they have said about it is that they don't allow active hacks like warp and so on and they don't allow unattended gameplay period, be it while using a third party tool or not.

I think it's a bit arbitrary atm, I have run into GMs and customer support that do whatever they feel like, in one case I was boxing a group in seb and a gm came by and asked if I was using a third party tool I said yes I'm using mq2 but I'm attending, and he said we have gotten reports of unattended gameplay but I can see you are attending so that's all good, have a nice day...

Another time same thing happened on a different server and the guy said that if I admitted to using mq2 I would get banned... I brought up "while unattended right?" But he didn't seem receptive to that idea... (so obviously I didn't say anything at all about using mq2)
I just said yes I'm boxing this group and I'm right here at the keyboard doing it (which was the truth btw, I never run anything unattended period but that's just me...)

Last edited:
I am sure it would cause a mess for DBG if people were to be banned for using this light version of MQ2.

Thanks for the responses EQmule.

Tecnotic, I dont know if thats true. Earlier one of the mods said only a few people had downloaded it as of yet.

I am sure it would cause a mess for DBG if people were to be banned for using this light version of MQ2.

I doubt it. They're broadcasting with EQBC that's against the rules of the server since day 1. If anything it's like how it is on WoW, ban em after collecting scans for a few months and they buy new accounts. Dont use any cheat program if you're not ready to be banned on that account or any associated ones.

What I've witnessed is abuse of EQBC to run obvious mage armies. They're not by any means AFK as my group has been followed and subsequently KS'd by such. On Quarm, they seem to have died down a bit, but for a few days, the north cubby camp in WoS was perma camped by mage groups running EQBC. Friend of mine twitch streamed it too I believe.

Is there a way to show titles when running this? Whenever i load it my wonderful daybreak cash titles are stripped from my characters haha.

Uhm try /captions off

And when it comes to custom captions, I'm not sure how well those work since they use ${If[blah blah]} stuff...
I know there is no /if command in the TRUEBOX build so that would probably break custom captions that rely on that... The macro engine is gone as well but the macro interpreter is there so that might be able to parse it out, again I'm not sure...

What I've witnessed is abuse of EQBC to run obvious mage armies. They're not by any means AFK as my group has been followed and subsequently KS'd by such. On Quarm, they seem to have died down a bit, but for a few days, the north cubby camp in WoS was perma camped by mage groups running EQBC. Friend of mine twitch streamed it too I believe.

There are many popular key stroke broadcasters out there. KeyClone and HotKeyNet are just 2. Both work fine on Phinny and Quarm. Don't blindly assume is EQBC.

I have a project that uses eqbcs and C# to do a lot of automation and group management from outside the game, so that I can afk macro with confidence.

I have zero desire to play on these TLP servers or help others ruin the spirit of those servers. I figure if we piss off too many people there we might get a mass ban wave of MQ2, which would make me sad.

That being said if the MQ2 truebox build allows for the TLO spawn & character. While allowing access to group and target. I'm 99% sure I could pull off an afk kill squad.

It would be by no means anything like what we have on live, but it would be good enough. 1% exp gain while sleeping is better than being logged off :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idk if it's a member here but someone is being very irresponsible with this vanilla version on Phinigel.

If it's someone here, keep it smart and don't get it blown up to the point where DBG steps in.

yet to see any actuall proof outside of "friend of a friend" rumor. In which case, I got this ocean front property I would love to sell you....

same as in the EQ thread where folks just KNOW what soandsohacker is using, despite reports of X thing not working... heh.

Obviously if someone is doing the 30man team abuse, they are probably paying for those 30 accounts some way, which probably means they are out to make real cash... appealing to thier community spirit is not going to do the trick. If someone CAN abuse the system, eventually someone WILL abuse the system... there is always that one asshole

I mean if someone is MASS PLing cheap level 40 characters in lguk to sell on here (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...sting-software-parading-around-server.234427/), it seems obvious who that person is. now their threads are gone too rip
Ya that guy is leveling tons of guys to sell on a popular site. Not bad deals as well only about 12 krono for a level 40, which beats the hell out of actually leveling a 40.

Also seen AFK group farming geonids in WL by a person who posted in this very thread with the same ingame name as their forum name. There've been other groups afk too. Go take a stroll around and you'll find them.

ake a breather and go look around with your showeq or whatever youll find the groups and check them out. Seen a few myself, sorry you dont like my "friend of a friend" aka no proof post but when we're all in the same community it's not good practice to paint a target on your back IMO.

Last edited:
So I just bought level 2 redguides access, hoping to get some addons for Phinigel. Given the title of this thread, I figured it would work np.

I click the installer link, and see this message:

"Does not work on: Phinigel"

What gives?

If MQ2 doesn't work at all for Phinny, maybe consider editing the OP or the title of this thread, as it's the first google result.

The true box mq2 version failed spectacularly cause people ended up abusing the crap out of it. Therefor it was scrapped only after a month. This thread is now locked.

News - An addon system for Phinigel & Quarm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back