• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - An addon system for Phinigel & Quarm (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's either mq2 on phinny or mq2 on the rest of the servers, we can't have both long term.
We do phinny mq2, and we start a detection war which I don't have time for, no one pays me to write ring 0 drivers to avoid detection.
I hope there are many players that won't play on phinny unless there is a mq2 for it, and that's kinda the point, let phinny die quickly so we can get back to playing eq how it's meant to be played.
Hope you come back when phinny is dead and no longer an alternative for you.
Next tlp will probably be boxing allowed with all raids instanced, but only if we can prove to dbg that boxers are in majority and want this...

IF phinny is a success it might very well be the end for boxers on all servers.
Both redguides and mmobugs understand this, which is why they won't release mq2 for that server. It would destroy them long term.
I hope all mq2 users will understand and support this decision as well cause it's the smart thing to do.

http://www.redguides.com/community/...hinigel-server?p=253415&viewfull=1#post253415

^

Many of the top Ragefire/LJ players left for Phinigel because of instanced raids.

We don't know if truebox attracted the majority of players or deterred them. We don't know if a lack of MQ2 attracted the majority of players or deterred them. If DBG wanted to find out, they'd have controlled for other variables.

Here's my prediction: Very Vanilla Truebox will increase the playerbase on Phinigel.

Last edited:
I still stand by that post 100% I don't see how it has anything to do with true box mode since it's so gimp that comparing it to full blown mq2 would be unfair.
And if it's not gimp enough I would be happy to push for some nerfs.
You know I'm just the face of mq2 and its derivatives cause people need someone to blame right? I don't make any decisions myself, all opinions are mine only, not necessarily the reflection of all mq2 devs or distributors.

I know people over at the Everquest forums think I run redguides and mmobugs and everything I say or do is to benefit those two sites, it's a completely ridiculous notion, ask red or fry if I asked for any special treatment or getting the "mq2 developer" tag was something I asked for, I registered cause I go where users go and obviously the site admins liked that I joined cause they gave me a different colored title and so on, it's not something I was gonna decline, heck I get many thanks and some name recognition because of it and even a few more twitter followers so there is that...I see it as an honor and I'm certainly not ashamed to be a member of any site that has a dedicated Everquest community and loves to play eq the same way I do.

Since it seems popular for people at the Everquest forums to cherry pick posts from here to quote, lets see if this one makes it over there now that it presents facts that aren't as convenient when building their card house arguments...

What's really laughable is that someone posted a video of some mq2 usage that isn't even mq2 in true box mode and everyone eats that up as the truth...

I'm not going to post over there again as it's pointless to argue with trolls and people that don't have any interest in fact checking so I'm just gonna stick to ranting here instead ;)

The official EQ forums are full of top-notch complainers. Some of the internet's absolute best. For example, you can post "test server is down" (which is what Jchan asked of us) and the mob will shit on you for playing on Test, or posting, or existing.

I feel sorry for the devs at DBG who never see their work celebrated or thanked on their own forums.

Regardless of what you're saying in this thread, and I still totally respect you guys so don't take this as me complaining like people on the eq forums, but you guys know that two things happened here:

1.) You both said you would not be making MQ2 for Phinigel for reasons.

2.) You both made comments showing that you know people moved to Phinigel because they didn't want to be around MQ2.

I support MQ2 but I liked the idea of not having it on one server. I tried it out and I've been having fun playing there without MQ2. There was ONE server where we couldn't use it. One. Out of all the servers available to play MQ2 on, compile providers just can't let go of ONE server because they have to hit their bottom line. Honestly, it's pretty telling that the business side of cheating, automating, and RMT'ing in Everquest has to invade the one server where people came to run away from that. You guys do what you want, but also don't forget that you're playing a role in what could be the permanent dwindling of Everquest population levels. You're proving to the community that truebox/noMQ2 servers will never really be truebox/noMQ2. There are plenty of people that absolutely will not play as long as MQ2/boxing is around, so the ongoing population as well as each new server launch will be smaller and smaller.

Just my 2 redcents, cause while I support MQ2 I think this was a bad idea.

Re: An addon system for Phinigel & Quarm

Nobody is doing this for money, least of all eqmule. He's probably the biggest EQ fan I know, he has at least one toon on every server, has the options screen memorized, talks passionately about his favorite zones and expansions. Maskoi is similar - a few years ago I gave him an exploit for xmas that would have made him an RMT god, he tried it once and shrugged it off. It simply didn't interest him.

I don't believe anyone in the MQ2 scene is in it for profit, and if they are, they better be making a lot more than me or anyone I know. Entry-level tech support drones make more. Not that I'm complaining, working with this community is a pure joy, and the fact I'm getting any money in return blows my mind.

1.) You both said you would not be making MQ2 for Phinigel for reasons.

And there is still no MQ2 for Phinigel. It shares the name, but this isn't MQ2. I didn't know eqmule was even doing this until a few weeks ago, and my first suggestion was to rebrand it to avoid confusion. Why call something Macroquest if it can't run a fucking macro? Obviously he didn't take my advice [emoji14]

I believe MQTrue was initially made for Quarm, (a great server btw) hence the stuff to make it less competitive due to Quarm's competitive design. Phinigel was an afterthought, eqmule please correct me if I'm wrong.

2.) You both made comments showing that you know people moved to Phinigel because they didn't want to be around MQ2.

I don't believe I ever said anything like that. Link?

That goes against everything we're doing here, it goes against all the praise and thank yous in my inbox. The evidence is overwhelming that people play eq because of mq2.

Imagine server populations if you banned all mq2 users.

There are plenty of people that absolutely will not play as long as MQ2/boxing is around, so the ongoing population as well as each new server launch will be smaller and smaller.

Excellent, a falsifiable claim! I'm already collecting population stats, feel free to collect your own to verify.

Phinigel was popular for one major reason: instanced raids. That brought the big guilds over, which drained populations from RF/LJ. After a few weeks I'm confident we'll be able to disprove the "MQ2 boogeyman."

Last edited:
MQ is not really the problem on any server mostly people who quit have other reasons to quit and they just blame people who MQ.

The main problem people have with MQ is when they go to camp something they want and some fucknut is there 100% automated and afk or some fucknut is going around with 20 mages and taking stuff from people (this isn't even an MQ issue normally its just an IS boxer issue).

Most of the people in the redguides community actually try to not be disruptive with their MQ if they have tons of bots. The problem is assholes like frenzic who go on the forums and talk about how he's going to box 24 characters and steal your raid mobs. Then people are upset because they dont want to play like that and they see the advantage frenzic has (though on fippy numberone had 20 mages and no one cared)

Now this light version of MQ doesnt allow for full automation it could help you out with advpath some creative hotkeys and eqbcs and stick if you have a melee but it's not KISS or MQbot. I haven't seen anyone doing anything really funky on Quarm yet and I haven't gotten around to testing this out yet because really its not going to do shit for me unless I box.

Nobody is doing this for money, least of all eqmule. He's probably the biggest EQ fan I know, he has at least one toon on every server, has the options screen memorized, talks passionately about his favorite zones and expansions. Maskoi is similar - a few years ago I gave him an exploit for xmas that would have made him an RMT god, he tried it once and shrugged it off. It simply didn't interest him.

I don't believe anyone in the MQ2 scene is in it for profit, and if they are, they better be making a lot more than me or anyone I know. Entry-level tech support drones make more. Not that I'm complaining, working with this community is a pure joy, and the fact I'm getting any money in return blows my mind.

And there is still no MQ2 for Phinigel. It shares the name, but this isn't MQ2. I didn't know eqmule was even doing this until a few weeks ago, and my first suggestion was to rebrand it to avoid confusion. Why call something Macroquest if it can't run a fucking macro? Obviously he didn't take my advice [emoji14]

I believe MQTrue was initially made for Quarm, (a great server btw) hence the stuff to make it less competitive due to Quarm's competitive design. Phinigel was an afterthought, eqmule please correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't believe I ever said anything like that. Link?

That goes against everything we're doing here, it goes against all the praise and thank yous in my inbox. The evidence is overwhelming that people play eq because of mq2.

Imagine server populations if you banned all mq2 users.

Excellent, a falsifiable claim! I'm already collecting population stats, feel free to collect your own to verify.

Phinigel was popular for one major reason: instanced raids. That brought the big guilds over, which drained populations from RF/LJ. After a few weeks I'm confident we'll be able to disprove the "MQ2 boogeyman."

Personally, without MQ2, Kiss and Isboxer i would not be playing EQ at all, the game turns into a second work place, i tried to go back to legit True-Boxing on phnny because all my friends left on Rage but at around level 30 i already had enough of just starting up 4 machines to box for an hour or 2, you can't really get any work done while semi-afk playing etc etc.

They should have just added instancing on Rage & LJ.

Though for me the true box MQ2 version is a bit weaksauce, ill give it a shot when Beastlords are released.

Personally, without MQ2, Kiss and Isboxer i would not be playing EQ at all, the game turns into a second work place, i tried to go back to legit True-Boxing on phnny because all my friends left on Rage but at around level 30 i already had enough of just starting up 4 machines to box for an hour or 2, you can't really get any work done while semi-afk playing etc etc.

They should have just added instancing on Rage & LJ.

Though for me the true box MQ2 version is a bit weaksauce, ill give it a shot when Beastlords are released.

I'm so god damned happy for it. Just having MQ2EQBC, MQ2Cast, MQ2Melee alone makes everquest better to play.

I think the attractiveness of phinigel was not just instanced raids but less box armies. It wasn't necessarily AFK box armies, it was people running around with lots of characters monopolizing things, yeah you took out stuff for afk EQBC but just have EQBC is enough to bring back boxers. You're circumventing the anti broadcast code (keystroke based) and helping people box across multiple computers. So yeah I think people thought wow a server where I can actually find groups and interact with people instead of watch swarms of boxers run around, and then i can casual raid too.

We'll see how it goes, ultimately up to DBG to do something since its blatantly going against their anti broadcasting. I know there was people using other broadcasting stuff prior but it wasn't as well publicized, same with some working VM's. But now everyone knows about it cause it was plasted on the TLP forums for awhile. Sure some idiots might box 12+ chars and get reported, then banned for broadcasting but there'll be more 6 boxers, I've already seen mage groups being leveled in lavastorm and other places, naked and all.

Besides EQBC, I think the other addon-s are great and not as gamebreaking, no one wants carpal tunnel.

I'm personally not opposed to removing eqbc from the true box build, let's give it some more time first though to see if people abuse it. If it's too much of an annoyance to the rest of the players it will have to go. With much power comes much responsibility and so on... Bottom line if people can't handle this responsibly there will be adjustments made.
Initially I only wanted pure utility, click on targetname to trade and so on, but it seemed like a lot of folks needed eqbc so well, it was included... Maybe a mistake in retrospect, I'm not convinced, but I have no problem admitting mistakes or change things if presented with reasonable arguments.

(It's also an economic question, not for me or anyone here, but for DBG, will they gain more players now? or will they lose some? I have no idea but it seems to me that if someone is now subbing to 6 or 12 accounts instead of 1 that, that would be beneficial to them...) *shrug*

I definitely agree that 6+ subs is better for DBG due the the total revenue income, but piggybacking on a few others; the main reason I left Ragefire was because of the boxers. On Phin, when trying kill something with a small group (yes I manually boxed 3 toons on Phin) I never had to worry about a mass Mage box group storming through and sniping things away from me. Just in the past few days I've seen it happen twice now in Plane of Hate and also in Crystal Caverns. The use of stick/afollow/EQBC commands are very obvious to those of us who have used it before.

Am I saying that I don't want "watered down" MQ on the server, not at all. But I believe that EQBC is the biggest threat to forcing DBG to place their cards down on the table and act out. They have clearly stated that they do not want broadcast programs being used openly on their forums and the level of capability that EQBC offers widely outshines that of other wanna-be broadcast softwares that people have been fiddling with for the past few months.

If this was put to a vote of the community, I would say pluck EQBC out of the build and everything would be kosher.

Man they leveled their army fast for phinny wit this only out 5 days. How big is the army

There were some level 30 naked mages in lavastorm, and well lets be real, people had alts on their accounts that they can transfer off to new ones given this new opportunity. Xfers take like less than 24 hours now, but yeah I understand what you're saying. I'm sure people have some friends that quit or they buy characters around here, I mean you can find level 40s for 50-90 bucks so it's not out of the question.

And yeah click target left for trading is awesome =p

@EQMule,

As long as people are legitimately buying multiple computers to box and using EQBC that way, I don't see how this is your fault.

Boxing can be done no matter what software is used. EQBC just makes the melee aspect easier, it's not really that dramatic.

If people are using VMware (bypassing phinny code) to run EQBC, then there is a problem in that factor.

This is how it's meant to be. (Image copyright @ Tecnotic on redguides @ 2016 @ don't steal my pic plz)

52eb84e06fa755a2b8201a87064532ec.jpg

I think the attractiveness of phinigel was not just instanced raids but less box armies. It wasn't necessarily AFK box armies, it was people running around with lots of characters monopolizing things, yeah you took out stuff for afk EQBC but just have EQBC is enough to bring back boxers. You're circumventing the anti broadcast code (keystroke based) and helping people box across multiple computers. So yeah I think people thought wow a server where I can actually find groups and interact with people instead of watch swarms of boxers run around, and then i can casual raid too.

We'll see how it goes, ultimately up to DBG to do something since its blatantly going against their anti broadcasting. I know there was people using other broadcasting stuff prior but it wasn't as well publicized, same with some working VM's. But now everyone knows about it cause it was plasted on the TLP forums for awhile. Sure some idiots might box 12+ chars and get reported, then banned for broadcasting but there'll be more 6 boxers, I've already seen mage groups being leveled in lavastorm and other places, naked and all.

Besides EQBC, I think the other addon-s are great and not as gamebreaking, no one wants carpal tunnel.

Concur. On Quarm, the best camps in WoS are camped by EQBC mage boxes. 5 mages and 1 druid. I love EQBC, and yes there are similar tools out there that do the same, I find it disappointing that there are some of us out there that are abusing the shit out of it. This should really be a GM action in my opinion, but DBG's reaction will be more heavy handed for sure than identifying and punishing individuals. I'll say it again...THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.

What advantage would eqbc give a mage army over hotkeynet? Are you sure they're using eqbc rather than other software?

Not sure how hotkeynet works but one advantage is you can connect computers across the world to one EQBC and control them. I'd imagine hotkeynet you're limited to your own network. Also hotkeynet looks a lot more tedious to setup. Seems like you need to setup specific locations of windows (X,Y) on your screen among other things. This also tells me you have to have EQ as the active window. EQBC works with an EQ minimized. So then you can just log on your grandma's comp states away, minimize EQ and forget it (eqbc), instead of having to have EQ as the active window while using (hotkeynet).

EQBC you literally just set the port via a shortcut to EQBC.exe, open the port on your router for external computers to connect to, open the shortcut for eqbc.exe to turn it on and you're set up.

From there you just have to known how to use /bcaa or /bcg or /bct and mq2cast/mq2melee. hotkeynet alone is not as good as mq2cast + mq2melee + eqbc, it can't tell a spell to recast if resisted or fizzle, or to nuke (-kill) until mob is dead.
Those things are convenient when boxing, not having to watch if slow or cripple got resisted, or keep hitting a button to cast one nuke at a time when you can just hit one button to nuke until dead.

Also isn't hotkeynet doing keystrokes, not injected commands? I would imagine it's still possibly to trigger the anti broadcast if you happen to broadcast the same keystroke across multiple accounts on the same network. EQBC that doesnt happen, its not keystroking anything. Someone with more experience on hotkeynet could chime in on that though.

IMHO, why not just stay away from phinny when wanting to box? Is the instanced raiding that amazing to risk future use of MQ2 as a whole? To me it seems like, as a community, we are in a good place where we are not getting harassed and banned on live for using MQ2, why rock the boat? I don't get the need to push for these tools on a true box server where the mindset there seems to be similar to the P99 boxes where single boxing is encouraged and wanted by the players. Let them have their cake.

Nothing is stopping you from playing with your friends or guildies on phinny. Honestly, is it worth possibly disrupting the current agreement that has been made for live for the few on phinny that want to get around the spirit of the server?

The difference is those who really wanted to box found the solutions, quietly. Here this was all over TLP forums last week, many people know about it, it's readily available, easy to find and get. To me it's kind of like myseq, I knew about SEQ back during the EQ days but I didnt know how to set it up or use linux etc so I didnt bother, now we have myseq which all I have to do is download and click two exe's and it works. Convenience, like this compile with eqbc, leads to more people using it.

But yeah no word from DBG or anything, I'm sure they're in on it and just won't say anything to save face. We had holly tweet awhile back how she wanted to make mq2 allowed with restricted options. They should just allow isboxer again, with how well known it is like mq2 whats the difference anymore.

Concur. On Quarm, the best camps in WoS are camped by EQBC mage boxes. 5 mages and 1 druid. I love EQBC, and yes there are similar tools out there that do the same, I find it disappointing that there are some of us out there that are abusing the shit out of it. This should really be a GM action in my opinion, but DBG's reaction will be more heavy handed for sure than identifying and punishing individuals. I'll say it again...THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.

Which camp?

I've been in wos plenty on my cleric but haven't seen any obvious crap?

I thought only like 6-7 downloads were in use (from this site)?? and even then, ISBoxer's key repeater being detected would make EQBCing mage groups... cumbersome... at the least.

How ever it just proves human nature... round up any group of folks and there will always be a few assholes in the group =/

Meanwhile, on ragefire, we're actually having to assign off nights because we are raiding too much. Grats on your 1 week lockouts phini!

I'm glad DGB opened up phini for all those people who cried, and continue to cry. All the people who think TLPs can exist without some sort of boxing have obviously never played on a TLP before. All the people who thought they could go to phini and create their own special snowflake guild, hah! We already see people saying raids are too hard on phini. I feel like they're too easy personally. Content isn't designed for 30 people. Time to start merging or welcome to being an expansion behind (what you would have been on ragefire/lockjaw anyways).

Which camp?

I've been in wos plenty on my cleric but haven't seen any obvious crap?

Not sure about Quarm but there are quite a few AFK box groups popping up all around Phinny. Seen them in Lavastorm, Sol A, Trak Teeth (was a group of 5 mages killing 7 ghost spawns), PoHate.

I 100% believe EQBC is the culprit here. People who wanted to box on Phin found ways through other programs that did not directly allow you to integrate them into EQ (Input Director/hotkeynet/etc) but EQBC offers a wide range of much more focused capabilities. My guess is that they are making some kind of Autohotkey or repeatclick macros that is spamming EQBC commands to the toons. Which, as mentioned, doesn't trigger the no-box server kick that you get from pressing hotkeys too quick.

Having the ability to send a command to all group members or computers all around the world at once has opened tons of possibilities for people that most of the other programs did not. I watched a guild mate control 13 computers (5 from another state-as he claims) with EQBC on Phin. Before with the other programs, I don't even know if that would be possible, maybe it is as I am no expert on all the software out there.

The other abilities of Truebox MQ I am all for, and as others have posted I would even like to see more features added that make playing less of a headache (/melody,/forage) but I think EQBC mixed with MQ2Melee and MQ2Cast just opens too much possibility and is leading to an influx of AFK groups.

with out MQ scripting (strictly using for instance keyboard macros or autohotkey) how is anyone setting up an AFK group? Short of spamming "/assist MA, /cast 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8" in some sort of loop, which in itself is just asking for trouble, not really seeing how someone expects to do it.

I'm also very curious to know how to use true box mq2 afk when it has no macro engine in it and there are no macro commands in it either, can someone confirm if holy and downs work for mq2melee or not? I know the /if command doesn't exist in that build so I would think that those would fail miserably but if people are able to afk maybe they found a way around that limitation...

To be honest I haven't touched the compile I figured dbg would scan for mq2main and flag everyone. I did see a 10 boxer roaming through sebilis (thanks) freely, which I found pretty ballsy. I assume if DBG still does nothing we'll see 20 boxers soon lol.

I'm also very curious to know how to use true box mq2 afk when it has no macro engine in it and there are no macro commands in it either, can someone confirm if holy and downs work for mq2melee or not? I know the /if command doesn't exist in that build so I would think that those would fail miserably but if people are able to afk maybe they found a way around that limitation...

I'm sure most of the 'facts' people are reporting on are just ignorance of the program.

o.0

a 0% res only returns you to the corpse. Even if for some reason someone was casting a low return XP cleric res on a corpse...(which would prevent later full res) they only lose the 1 death worth of XP...

so... short of being in a death loop... which would mean your friend killed off the AFK group and then rezz, then killed em off and rezz... rinse repeat... would be the only feasible way to "confirm"... else they would just keep being called to the same corpse with just the 1 time XP loss

is phinny PVP? i thought it was PVE

Would it be possible for friend to record and youtube this afk group? and the ones in WoS? I would be curious where they are and how the act, since it is obviously not while using MQ

i cant seem to find info anywhere on what this does or how to use it....read the idiots guide...i guess im an idiot. I now have a window that says mq on it. and i notice a time stamp on my chat. wtf else does this do and how do i use it?

News - An addon system for Phinigel & Quarm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back