• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

instant LD when I open very vanilla (1 Viewer)

RedCents
158¢
I recently installed new hardware (SSD hard drive and graphics card) and windows 10. After I installed both I had 7 accounts running with MQ2. I had to work a few days and had no time to play EQ. After those 2 days I loaded all my accounts in and as soon as MQ2 window pops up on screen all my accounts go LD. I'm sure i played the 7 accounts with MQ2 running with the new hard drive and windows 10 but I am not 100% sure I had the graphics card installed yet at that time. I know this is all pretty vague but if anyone has some advice I'd love to get back to playing those 6 toons other than my main that I am reliant on MQ2 to be effective.

Did you just copy everything over from the old HD to the New HD? Did you upgrade to Windows 10 or do a complete fresh install?

With windows 10 If you didn't install the game from scratch, you will need to install the Direct X runtime. There is a thread somewhere about windows 10 and the DirectX issue.

Everything was a fresh install. The only item I'm not sure I used with the new set up is the graphics card. I can still load all my EQ accounts (even the ones that are now unbanned) and play them.

Everything was a fresh install. The only item I'm not sure I used with the new set up is the graphics card. I can still load all my EQ accounts (even the ones that are now unbanned) and play them.

Then check and make sure you are only loading the Basic plugins that come with MQ2. Just the default plugins only.

Welp... potentially you are having a conflict with a plugin. Perchance... opening your macroquest.ini file and set all plugins to 0 (Except MQ2IC, that is what protects you from DBG seeing macroquest), then see if you can get ingame. If so, start enabling them ingame 1 at a time until crashing.

Potentially your video drivers may be at issue you seem to think, assuming you have updated your drivers. Could try uninstalling the drivers and running off the default ones for a test. I know in the past EQ and ATI have had odd conflicts such that some folks had to use older drivers or drivers for different cards to work with EQ at times.

Wonder if your dbg.txt file may have any clues (located in your Everquest/logs/ folder)

Have you checked your system for conflicts? (control panel-->system-->device manager)

Last edited:
yea im going LD everytime i start MQ2 now. i play on Lockjaw.
I stayed loged in over night. my toons were running a little laggy so i rebooted comp.
i loaded up all my toons to char select screen and then started the MQ2 and loged into the world.
Insta LD once i got into the world. Not sure if its related my Antivirus now says that MQ2\Release\MQ2Ic.dll is harmfull and a potential virus....

- - - Updated - - -

i unloaded MQ2Ic.dll from plugin list and no issues as of yet.
What does that plugin do anyway? its not on the plugin list anymore

that plugin, among various fixes, keeps DBG from detecting you using MQ....

- - - Updated - - -

on the plus side, may have figured out which plugin is the culprit for Fjorn!

- - - Updated - - -

you may want to re download that plugin and make an exception for it in your antivuris so it stops trying to get rid of it btw dewry =)

Deleted that file too. No luck. I'll keep working on it. Thankful for all potential suggestions/fixes. Same thing. If i start with MQ2 or with EQ same result. LD as soon as the toon enters world or as soon as i load MQ2.

- - - Updated - - -

Set all plug-ins to 0. Same result.

You can get disconnected if mq2ic isn't loaded depending on what other plugins you have loaded. I would never ever run mq2 without mq2ic loaded, that is just asking for trouble, please don't ever do that.

Still having the same issue. No clue why I can't get it to work. Frustrating me to no end. I've tried with the files on my old hard drive and on my new hard drive. I've tried with all my plug ins set to 0. I've deleted and redownloaded everquest and mq2 a few times. Graphics card is a gigabyte geforce 750 ti. Not sure that has any bearing on the problem.

Assuming you're not on phinigel or an emu server, my best guess is that you're pointing to the wrong directory. Are you using a shortcut to start macroquest2?

Download a zip of the current compile (as of 7/11/16 its here), extract it to your desktop, and run macroquest2.exe from that folder. We'll figure it out.

I got so frustrated with it not working I ended up quitting EQ for months. I just came back. I'm not on Phinny or and EMU server. I just tried the last set up. Loaded it from that file. Ran as administrator. Made sure to load it first. Crashed as soon as character select popped up.

I have a 750 Ti as well, so I doubt it's your hardware.

A few ideas:

1) Install EQ to a new folder. Better yet, install the new EQ as Test server or Beta and try one of those compiles just to see if we can get it working.
2) Get the latest drivers for your video card.
3) Try a different server.
4) Disable all of your antivirus software, including Windows Defender (enabled by default). We've had serious issues with false positives all year.

right click the downloaded zip folder and hit unblock then delete your present release folder saving macros or mq2nav folder as well as any ini like map or notepad if you have them and hud then unzip add your folders and files and boom you should be good to go

Trying everything. Works fine on my laptop but not on the desktop. Stupid laptop wont run 6 accnts though.

- - - Updated - - -

Its not injecting into game from that download at all. I did say I was a construction worker with no PC skills?

As you said you just installed new hardware when it started acting up...try putting g I. The old graphics card (if you still have it), download/update drivers for it and see what happens... It is possible that it's something with THAT piece of hardware (or it just may not be "installed" quite right...

Just to verify, you can play EQ on it ... multiple accounts... Without MQ2?

Just saying backtracking a little bit sometimes does help....

Still unable to play EQ with Kissassist on this PC. My laptop works fine. I finally found the crash report and emailed it. Hope I did the process right. My laptop just cant handle all the accounts I want to run with Kiss. Thanks for your support :)

Fjorn

- - - Updated - - -

I've tried on Bertox and Cazic servers. Both with the same result. EQ runs fine on this PC. I can load and play (not very well) all 7 accnts easily on it.

Fjorn

If I had your problem this is what I would do....

BACKUP your EQ directory on your PC to a thumb driver or another directory....
Copy your laptops entire EQ and MQ2 directory onto a thumb drive and then to your PC, replacing everything!
Test to see if it work.... if so, you are welcome, if not then it is a local hardware issue OR antivirus BS!

instant LD when I open very vanilla

Users who are viewing this thread

Back