• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2AutoLogin

Plugin - MQ2AutoLogin (1 Viewer)

Ok, I'm using WinEQ with the following MQ2AutoLogin.ini

Rich (BB code):
[Settings]
KickActiveCharacter=0
UseStationNamesInsteadOfSessions=1
InstantCamp=0
UseMQ2Login=0

[account1]
Password=blahblah
Server=povar
Character=toon1

[account2]
Password=blahblah
Server=povar
Character=toon2

I load first account just fine, when i try to load the second account it just tries to login with first account. What did i do wrong here?

Rich (BB code):
[YourStationName1]
Password=ChangeMe
Server=ChangeMe
Character=ChangeMe

[YourStationName2]
Password=ChangeMe
Server=ChangeMe
Character=ChangeMe

something I noticed...

tonight there seems to be something odd with the Rathe server, so it is down while DBG is working on it. Not knowing this I tried to group log in, fetched a drink, and came back to 6 accounts hammering at the server selection screen with some pop up window flashing. I could see the LOCKED status behind the window and it blinked on and off, so I killed the toons.

I figured this warranted pointing out as, I am not sure if DBG can tell attempts to log in to the server ever 0.5 seconds for a while or not, heh.

I still occasionally get a random account that either sits at the log in screen, or crashed out while logging in. But for the most part is is not any more or less then while using winEQ and old MQ2Autologin (not complaining just offering observation) Still tinkering with stuff to get things "just so" but it is working out well enough. The window title bit helped considerably! As I am sure the hotkey-to-session will eventually =)

Anyways, thank you again EQMule and team for your hard work.

Well the stalling or crashing was happening before with winEQ+MQ2AutoLogin. I would load say 12 accounts using a .bat file, and the first one (usually) sat at the log in screen while the rest logged in. Occasionally one would crash while between toon selection and actually getting ingame. I would then manually fire it up via winEQ, then the account (usually) crashed a second time while logging in, then third time it would log in. (the account would be random, but usually crashed out twice before getting ingame, in other words)

If during normal play activity one of the accounts crashes out it would do the same thing... log in and crash someplace after toon selection but before getting ingame. After the second crash (firs tout of game, then trying to log in) it would get back ingame.

The same behavior is happening with the new MQ2AutoLogin.

The crashing doesn't happen often, just delays me a few minutes while I restart in the log in process and wait for the "logged in" toon to be booted from server. Like say, twice weekly at most.

Just giving more detailed info on it, incase someone else it having similar issues (you are not alone!) With my luck it is another Win10 "feature" =P

Since i use WinEQ desktop shortcuts i had to use "sessions1,2,3" instead of "StationName" just in case someone got similar situation, it works for me now.

ah, that makes it understandable.

Either way... aye it is more then workable. Just tossing out info. Server was down so had nothing much to do other then --shiver-- go outside....

Note::

If you have this line:
UseMQ2Login=1

In your MQ2AutoLogin.ini your standalone WinEQ2 / ISXBOXER launchers stop working :P
Make sure you don't mess with the icon toggle / remove this line before expecting your autologin to work :)

I spent the last 30 minutes or so trying to get autologin to work with wineq. I found that this is what my ini needed to look like to make it work. Like Tone said above make sure that UseMQ2Login=1 is not on the list or atleast set to UseMQ2Login=0. Hopefully this helps the next person who wants to use wineq and autologin together.

Rich (BB code):
[Settings]
UseMQ2Login=0
UseStationNamesInsteadOfSessions=0
InstantCamp=0
KickActiveCharacter=1

[Session1] 
StationName=Accountname
Password=accountpass
Server=servername
Character=charactername

[Session2] 
StationName=Accountname
Password=accountpass
Server=servername
Character=charactername

[Session3] 
StationName=Accountname
Password=accountpass
Server=servername
Character=charactername

[Session4] 
StationName=Accountname
Password=accountpass
Server=servername
Character=charactername

[Session5] 
StationName=Accountname
Password=accountpass
Server=servername
Character=charactername

[Profiles]
DefaultEQPath=C:\EverQuest

Last edited:
What about ISBoxer? I have tried UseMQ2Login=0. I have never been able to get IS to log me all the way in FYI, I mean ever. I have had WinEQ and MQ2AutoLogin log me all the way in, in the past. Just wondering if there is a correlation between MQ2AutolLogin and IS.

What about ISBoxer? I have tried UseMQ2Login=0. I have never been able to get IS to log me all the way in FYI, I mean ever. I have had WinEQ and MQ2AutoLogin log me all the way in, in the past. Just wondering if there is a correlation between MQ2AutolLogin and IS.

I just configured one of my computers yesterday using ISBoxer with MQ2Autologin and loaded 18 sessions. Took awhile but when it finished, all characters were in teh game world ready to connect EQBC and group up. I do highly suggest that you have ISBoxer put a delay between loading sessions though otherwise your computer will hiccup after so many are done and then the window tabbing might miss the PW entry etc on a newly started one etc.

Read my comment a few posts up... verify your ini doesn't have the flag I mentioned set.

I just tried this because... reasons. It worked perfectly for the first time for me. logged in my entire group nice and slow and smoothly. This will be so awesome if it continues.

Now to find a way to get them to group together in the right order...

- - - Updated - - -

update... tried this on an older machine using win7. first go around 3 of the 6 boxes crashed. tried again doing them one at time the first one crashed, closed the EQ program and immediately tried it again and went smooth. Happens so fast it's hard to see what going on, but it appears to be problem with selecting the server. nonetheless this is awesome plugin

I'm using IS and ISBoxer to load 6 sessions and I get the box popup saying Everquest detected a crash and MQ2 is blocking the crash window. I get one of these windows for all 6 of my sessions. All sessions continue to load fine however and login my toons. Everything works. The issue is if I close the popup windows all my sessions will close. It's like MQ2 is detecting a false crash it's not actually crashing.

Is there a way to get the standalone verson to work with window swithcing short cuts like win eQ does like ALT+1 is character 1 and so on. Great stand alone switcher that works very well. Just wondering if there was a way to put in for window switchng up to 6 toons.

I'm using IS and ISBoxer to load 6 sessions and I get the box popup saying Everquest detected a crash and MQ2 is blocking the crash window. I get one of these windows for all 6 of my sessions. All sessions continue to load fine however and login my toons. Everything works. The issue is if I close the popup windows all my sessions will close. It's like MQ2 is detecting a false crash it's not actually crashing.

Solved this issue it was caused by trying to load MQ2Nav automatically. edited INI to remove the autoload of the plugin now I don't get the crash box popup

After hours and hours of screaming at 1 pc or another for not loading or crashing or timing out over the new patch, I removed ISBoxer and loaded up this newfangled autologin... I gotta say, it is fast, stable, easy to use and fast... and more important, fast!

Bye ISBoxer, now I just need 1 thing! I need to have the taskbar title renamed from EverQuest to the each login characters name. I know I used to be able to do that, but I forgot how.....

After hours and hours of screaming at 1 pc or another for not loading or crashing or timing out over the new patch, I removed ISBoxer and loaded up this newfangled autologin... I gotta say, it is fast, stable, easy to use and fast... and more important, fast!

Bye ISBoxer, now I just need 1 thing! I need to have the taskbar title renamed from EverQuest to the each login characters name. I know I used to be able to do that, but I forgot how.....

I use a class .cfg file with the command.. but of course I only have 6 or 8 classes that I play.

Create a folder in the same folder your macroquest2.exe is in. Name it Configs.
Inside it create a file called zoned.cfg
Inside that file add /setwintitle ${Me.Name}
Save it.
From that point on your win title will be your characters name.
Of course you can add any other info you like, I have ${Zone} and ${Me.Level} in mine as well...

And if you have to reload your ISBoxer toons and it fluxx0rs your screen titles:
Rich (BB code):
/bcga //setwintitle $\{Me}

Prolly a dumb question, but why is the ini file saved in what I can only assume is encrypted? As most of you know I have a shitload of toons, I love this plugin..... BUT

What I want to do it make PROFILE groups of each class (I have 22 Wizzies) (12 Clerics) (11 Tanks) and that way I don't have 200 selections on the main Profile list, I can nest them in 16 Class Profiles.... When you edit the file and do it manually you cannot assign groups, only slots. Can we maybe have this thing save it as text so I can do it 1 time for all 200ish toons then copy that file to each of my PCs so I can login with this amazing plugin on any pc I have....

I thought the whole point of encrypting it was to avoid having our account credentials and toon-names running around in our INIs in a readable format.

Also, Raz, how is this working overall now that you have but ISB down? In comparison? Performace? You manually setting affinity?

I have a question on the kick active character setting. It seems that if its on then it gets stuck in a loop trying to boot someone and if its off, then you cannot manually over ride it at the server select screen. Is there anyway I can use this plugin but get it back to letting the window pop up for me to pick?

I thought the whole point of encrypting it was to avoid having our account credentials and toon-names running around in our INIs in a readable format.

Also, Raz, how is this working overall now that you have but ISB down? In comparison? Performace? You manually setting affinity?

YEAH not even close to the same performance, have been setting it all manually or just leaving the system to manage it and 6 are great, 12 are decent but 18+ is kinda laggy but I also have had to go back in each EQ instance and re-enable foreground and background fps limits. and unless I have the util running from the card I cannot see my fps to see if I am getting spikes. But This way is SO much faster to load! and no more crashes!

- - - Updated - - -

overall though the only thing missing is a way to edit and move login ini files to other machines.

oh

HOT TIP
After you get your logins saved to your profile, don't log them in. Instead exit mq2 by selecting the icon and clicking EXIT and that will WRITE out your new file... if anything goes wrong the system will not save your profile until you exit the game 1 time or exit mq2 after creating the profile. I have noticed some cases where the login info I put in is not used to login, instead the profile group and server is used as the login name and endless loop..... if you did not exit your profile will be gone when you restart mq2

I can absolutely empathize with the inability and problem that you can't copy profiles from one computer to another, so if anyone can come up with a way to keep the profiles encrypted and at the same time be able to use them on another computer I'll listen. Note that if you COULD copy the ini, it also means that anyone can copy YOUR profile to his computer and login on your accounts... I kinda had the idea that a profile would be useless to anyone else if it got out in the wild.

I have spreadsheets and text files all over my network of all my logins and way more important shit then this so encrypting that is pointless IMO. If they get in they get in and get it all. guess I am going to go back to the crazy days of having 1 MQ2 on the server and all my computers pulling the SAME MQ2, so unstable to have 12 computers pulling from 1 instance of MQ2 but at least all my ini's and Macros are centralized that way. And I can share the logins across my network.

Oh well, crashes vs features......

EQMule, I see 2 possibilities:

1) You could extract out the excryption algorithm and make a stand-alone utility that decrypts the file so you can move it around, and then re-encrypt it for/on the other PC.

2) Could always build the decrypt/encrypt functions into the MQ2 menu. Right click and decrypt the file, move it, right click on another PC and re-encrypt it.

truthfully I think you all are putting way to much thought into encrypting it.
Actually this fixes a long standing MQ2 issue where someone inadvertantly posts an unscrubbed ini and got banned because Verrant/Sony/DBG could tell exactly who it was.

I have this feeling that if someone were able to hack or obtain your mq2autologin ini file they more than likely would have the means of getting your passwords, too.

Only true if unencrypted. Someone could have your data but if it was Triple DES encrypted they would have one hell of a time knowing what the data was.

If someone really wanted to hack your PC, i highly doubt they would care about your eq logins. They would be going after your saved pw's in your browser for your paypal, credit cards, bank accounts.

Common Sense come on..... If you are dumb enough to post your ini out like that then you deserve to get banned.

A import and export button on the menu would probably not be too hard to add, I'll see what I can do when I have some time to spare.

the encryption is there to protect people from accidently zipping up and sharing their release folder and then posting it somewhere on the net. Obviously if someone has direct access to your computer they can just install a key logger and get your credentials that way, but I see absolutely no good reason for storing any passwords in any type of file plaintext.

yeah a simple toggle on the menu to encrypt or decrypt the info would be fantastic! like a lock/unlock toggle.... Unloack it on that machine, edit it, move it, lock it.... rinse Pete and repeat...

Plugin - MQ2AutoLogin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back