• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Can I purchase the source for specific plugins? (1 Viewer)

bs475696

RedCents
I've been digging around and can't find the source for MQ2Stealth and MQ2SpeedUtils, anyway I can purchase the source to compile myself etc?

Yeah, what Dretski said. Redguides stopped including/supporting any plugin that had an active hack a few years back which allows us to fall under the heading of attended automation rather than hacks cheaters and sploiters. You wont find any of those here.

For One Milleon Dallars I can get you dis! YEah sorry nope not here....

- - - Updated - - -

you do know BOTH of those were discontinued BECAUSE they are highly detectable and you will get banned pretty quick in game for using them even if you find them!

In addition to speed and warp being detectable: mq2stealth (really mq2mmowarp is what you care about here i am assuming because that is what will let you actually engage/loot something while stealthing) and mq2speedutils both break more often than other plugins due to offset/opcode changes. So unless you know how to open up the raw files, having the source code will only last you so long before it breaks.

warp is 100% detectable and can be logged for forensic analysis. They haven't done a ban wave in years, but can do so if someone reports you or if they just feel like it. So ya, people can freely warp around right now but it may eventually catch up to you. Maybe it wont. Speed manipulation could result in a faster ban if you go above any legit speeds. /gate and /icamp are instant bans i think, or were there for a bit.

Personally, the only "active" hacks i would use are the passive ones, like envirofall, noblind, etc. Things that are client side only that nobody could verify you using. Maybe would use instant mem because mem delays are stupid. If you don't overly value your account, then i would probably /warp too because im lazy. But speed/icamp/gate are gonna get you.

I'll also sell that source for a million if you are still interested I did consider my absolute minimum amount and thought about 999999 and 99 cents but no nothing below a million would work for me.

I don't have those sources actually, my post was just a joke :)
But, if I where to compromise my integrity, since I really don't support or like active hacks like those, I could code them from scratch, but Pete brings up a very good point and it's the fact that they change an aspect of those plugins every single patch and it's kinda an involved process to get everything right again, so in practice it means that, if you can't code these plugins yourself, there is no way you can fix them every patch either even if you did have the sources...

God I loved /gate back in the day.

/piggyzone and /warp were my favorites. Not even sure I'd still be playing if not for those. My time was so limited for so long, logging in just to run somewhere and have to log out again was killing my desire to even bother. Fortunately, we have fellowship and I have more time to travel, but what a waste, who wants to spend so much of their time just getting to some far off zone that has the items required to progress.

/piggyzone and /warp were my favorites. Not even sure I'd still be playing if not for those. My time was so limited for so long, logging in just to run somewhere and have to log out again was killing my desire to even bother. Fortunately, we have fellowship and I have more time to travel, but what a waste, who wants to spend so much of their time just getting to some far off zone that has the items required to progress.

Actually Eq was originally sold to me on the size and beauty of the zones, the realism of travel and camaraderie of the journey.

Then I made a wizard so I had less tedium in the travel. Hate running toons anywhere now.

All this said, say a guy were REALLY clumsy since he reacently returned to eq and has got himself killed a ton of times trying to move to specific zones or specific area's within zones..... Would anyone know where he might be able to find the zone and warp hacks?

All this said, say a guy were REALLY clumsy since he reacently returned to eq and has got himself killed a ton of times trying to move to specific zones or specific area's within zones..... Would anyone know where he might be able to find the zone and warp hacks?

Those guys has a warp plugin however you'll be banned for using it.

was /gate the one that basically evacd you into the same spot? that one was pretty sweet =P

Nah, dude... you're thinking of "/succor" or "/warp s"

"/gate" did just that... it gated you to your bind point. It was awesome for toons that didn't have gate inherently and kept you from having to stock up a shitload of potions all the time. /fade was pretty fun, too. It zoned you right where you stood so that if you had agro you suddenly didn't anymore. Pop an invis and then /fade and when you zoned back into the zone you were agro free (hopefully).

Another fun one was /glock ... which locked you into an instance, even after you dropped it (it let you avoid lockouts). Then you could go batshit crazy killing raid targets or otherwise causing mayham and all was good. You just had to wait until the "kick" function happened, because it would throw you across the zone/into a wall when the zone would normally boot you. Once you let that happen, though, you could run around the zone as much as you wanted, iirc.

Question - Can I purchase the source for specific plugins?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back