• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Guide - Character Transfer - Server and Account (1 Viewer)

what i dont understand is. there has been a system to automate that for over 10 years lol. i think they realized the easiest way to make cash was to force people to buy new accounts and boost more toons and buy more pots to max them out. but that could just be me being paranoid =P

Roxxlyy posted on Daybreak forum:

I wish they would hurry up with this. I took liking to Sum1's setup and want to transfer my bst and wiz to their own accounts ...

Roxxlyy posted again about this. Almost word for word the exact same message for the 4th time now in the last 10 months. When they post the same exact message for the 3rd or 4th time, its not going to happen unless something changes drastically with resources.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...unt-to-account-transfers.249149/#post-3663705

Its safe to say Account to Account transfers will not be coming back, probably due to staff cuts and the pixel server transfer token from Marketplace seems like what they want to do going forward, as they are probably trying to invest as little resources into EQ as possible. Automation vs using human labor says it all. They just don't want to invest the resources, which could even hint at sunsetting EQ in a couple of years.

Not so odd since its Daybreak we are talking about, which has management that makes the worst decisions possible, this seems like another dumb decision, it doesn't seem that hard to to automate a script to do this. They are loosing A LOT of business from not spending some time to write a script to automate the process.

Daybreak - company run by garbage management and shitty lazy fucking EQ developers, don't expect to much.

Roxxlyy posted again about this. Almost word for word the exact same message for the 4th time now in the last 10 months. When they post the same exact message for the 3rd or 4th time, its not going to happen unless something changes drastically with resources.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...unt-to-account-transfers.249149/#post-3663705

Its safe to say Account to Account transfers will not be coming back, probably due to staff cuts and the pixel server transfer token from Marketplace seems like what they want to do going forward, as they are probably trying to invest as little resources into EQ as possible. Automation vs using human labor says it all. They just don't want to invest the resources, which could even hint at sunsetting EQ in a couple of years.

Not so odd since its Daybreak we are talking about, which has management that makes the worst decisions possible, this seems like another dumb decision, it doesn't seem that hard to to automate a script to do this. They are loosing A LOT of business from not spending some time to write a script to automate the process.

Daybreak - company run by garbage management and shitty lazy fucking EQ developers, don't expect to much.

You seem to always be bashing daybreak and eq in every post why do you play this game ?

As for account transfers database and server upgrades will and do break the tool they use to do these and obviously updating that tool is not a high priority. it has nothing to do with staff etc this happen before and it took just as long to fix.

You seem to always be bashing daybreak and eq in every post why do you play this game ?

As for account transfers database and server upgrades will and do break the tool they use to do these and obviously updating that tool is not a high priority. it has nothing to do with staff etc this happen before and it took just as long to fix.

I continually bash them because I know their employees read these forums. So I'll take any chance to troll them when I can. :D Even if you make a constructive critical post on the Daybreak forums, it gets deleted by the mods now. If they think they can hide by censoring critical information by deleting posts on their forums we can always resort to other forums, such as here.

As far as why do I still play this game, probably the same reason 90% of us still playing do, a lot of time invested.

Besides, there is a lot truth in how they have been running their management and employees over the last 6-8 years. I'm not sure how A to A server transfers are lower priority then putting out the fluff garbage they put in Marketplace. Seems to me A to A transfers would yield them more revenue then housing neighborhood fluff they keep investing resources into. That in itself is just poor business management. They could have spent some time fixing A to A to be fully automated and it would have yielded them far more revenue then the amount of time and resources they spend making some of the ridiculous marketplace fluff.

Just a bad job of management setting priorities.

I continually bash them because I know their employees read these forums. So I'll take any chance to troll them when I can. :D Even if you make a constructive critical post on the Daybreak forums, it gets deleted by the mods now. If they think they can hide by censoring critical information by deleting posts on their forums we can always resort to other forums, such as here.

As far as why do I still play this game, probably the same reason 90% of us still playing do, a lot of time invested.

Besides, there is a lot truth in how they have been running their management and employees over the last 6-8 years. I'm not sure how A to A server transfers are lower priority then putting out the fluff garbage they put in Marketplace. Seems to me A to A transfers would yield them more revenue then housing neighborhood fluff they keep investing resources into. That in itself is just poor business management. They could have spent some time fixing A to A to be fully automated and it would have yielded them far more revenue then the amount of time and resources they spend making some of the ridiculous marketplace fluff.

Just a bad job of management setting priorities.

If you remember back long enough there was an automated way to do AtoA on the website. For some reason or another they stopped using it.

I do agree they do a piss poor job of managing resources and priorities and the devs pretty much are not held accountable for what they do or not do. A real company sets goals and deadlines and if you don't meet these you will be finding a new job. I've never seen any other software company work like daybreak/soe does.

Guide - Character Transfer - Server and Account

Users who are viewing this thread

Back