• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - Bard setup needed - Get a month of Level 2 for helping! (1 Viewer)

Razkle

Single-handedly keeping Daybreak in business
RedCents
2,993¢
I am too busy to figure out the magic of bards, I just use them to mez most days, but I have this level 75 bard that I want to AOE pull a whole zone so my 100/105 tank can slaughter them all!

If you help me make my bard.ini - spell lineup - holies - or whatever other smoke and mirrors it takes to make him RUN FAST, AOE Pull and Not get stunned or just run faster..... I don't care if he dies when he stops at my tank, I just need him to pull everything as he runs past and not have to target every freaking thing in the zone...

Any significant help will yield you a month of Redguides Level 2 access!

My bard was a heroic so he has all AAs and good gear (yes I deleveled an 85 to 75)
My bard has all spells
My bard is and will always be level 75

- - - Updated - - -

75bard.JPG

Current spell lineup, but I can and will change it to whatever works!

That's simple, use this song Selo's Assonant Strain

It's an AE snare.

It's what I use on my bard when I want to round a huge mass of mobs up but I do that manually

You really should consider leaving the bard at level 76 so that you can use the Selo's Sonata runspeed AA. It lasts a bit over 4 minute and 30 seconds and you'll never be caught

cant you just do the selos AA as a buff that lasts 4 minutes and then have your tank pull? that would be more beneficial as your tank can take more hits... its what I have mine setup on

It'll be an interesting project. Bard AE do nothing if there's any damage attached which is why you use the AE snare. typically you'll run in spirals then stop briefly to make sure you don't get so far out that they start breaking up and wandering off.

I'd think the best strategy would be to break the zones up into areas then pull that bunch over on to the tank and fade off and run to the next area and round up another bunch and repeat.

If you actually get everything in a zone all stacked up it can cause mobs to start warping back to their spawn points. That was the reason for the original nerf on bard AE kiting. You could actually cause people to crash when they zone in and that will attract unwanted attention

Raz... I was thinking about this but you're talking about an ini file. If you're pulling the zone, are you using a macro for this or doing the pull yourself? I use a bard to pull on my primary team all the time. If I'm doing AOE, I just set a key to start twist with 4 songs. One movement buff and 3 aoe debuffs. Works perfectly for me if I'm wanting hordes. I used to do that going back to rockhopper hide farming even to pull the whole cave and reset it. And if done correctly with timing, you just stop twist as you get to the tank and do faded memories. Tank should get all agro without bard getting smacked down.

I am using a set path with the bard, he runs past it all now, but he only pulls stuff in proximity, I want to have him run past and aoe pull everything in range... Rusty's decription is by far the closest to what I need.

Raz - Keep in mind the largest cast range for a bard aoe is 35 (Denon's Disruptive Discord) every other aoe in a bards arsenal is 25 or 30 regardless of if it does dmg or not. If you are in a zone that is KoS where mobs are aggroing from proximity (probably why you are using the bard for lowbie hate instead of the tank?) - then it's relatively the same distance as the aoe. If the mobs proximity aggro your tank, the best bet would be to set your bard INI to keep the level 76 AA Selos on him when he's in range and let it run around, however since your post seems dead set on keeping the bard 75 for some odd reason that perhaps you don't want to share, your other option would be just singing his selos accelerating chorus and make a seriously in depth, detailed, and complicated path to ensure proximity of all mobs wanted. The only reason I ever play an aoe is non KoS mobs, when I'm gathering a huge PL train where mobs don't proximity aggro, and that is a serious pain to stand on each mob until the song casts and lands on each mob position >.< go to a KoS zone for your farming if it's not.

Sincerely yours,
The man who has been a bard main for more years than he would like to admit.

This is cake. Have Selo's Sonata spell on his buff/rebuff lines, its and AA that is group V2 lasts up to 4 minutes max hastened. And to pull everything in the area, just keep Lure of Siren's Song on CD. Its an AE Hate's Attraction/MM that also on works on db cons, but will still agro mobs, even if they're too high for the fling portion of the ability.

Raz,

I played a bard as a raiding / pulling / grouping main for many years. What you're asking about is possible, but you have to remember that each song cast (best case scenario) is 3 seconds. That means if you're bard is running around at selos speed you might miss stuff. There is also the question of ae song ranges.

I think your best bet is to incorporate the one speed song (or selos AA) and AE snare, and whatever else is AOE and has another effect besides a damage component, and then setup your path to zig zag through the zone. I don't mean zig/zag all the way across the entire zone, but rather maybe 100 range back and forth, and then do that incrementally across the zone. If the mobs are social it'll make training them all easier. If they aren't social, well, good luck.

Raz,

I played a bard as a raiding / pulling / grouping main for many years. What you're asking about is possible, but you have to remember that each song cast (best case scenario) is 3 seconds. That means if you're bard is running around at selos speed you might miss stuff. There is also the question of ae song ranges.

I think your best bet is to incorporate the one speed song (or selos AA) and AE snare, and whatever else is AOE and has another effect besides a damage component, and then setup your path to zig zag through the zone. I don't mean zig/zag all the way across the entire zone, but rather maybe 100 range back and forth, and then do that incrementally across the zone. If the mobs are social it'll make training them all easier. If they aren't social, well, good luck.

This is basically what I was going to suggest.

Request - Bard setup needed - Get a month of Level 2 for helping!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back