• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - What do you all use for cross cpu mouse/keyboard (1 Viewer)

Choz

RedCents
Input director works fine minus the fact that it moves the main cpu screen unless you open up another window outside eq1. Not sure why this bug happens, but it happens to everyone else I know as well so far.

Multiplicity just flat out does not let you move across screens in eq1 (if someone knows how, that would be great)

Anyone know any other programs to try?

Input director works fine minus the fact that it moves the main cpu screen unless you open up another window outside eq1. Not sure why this bug happens, but it happens to everyone else I know as well so far.

Multiplicity just flat out does not let you move across screens in eq1 (if someone knows how, that would be great)

Anyone know any other programs to try?

I don't try to control multiple computers myself but I believes ISBoxer has these features built in and configurable. Might take a look at it.

I use synergy, you gotta search the interwebs and find the older version though, as it is still free! the new one is not! I use 1.5
synergy.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

With it I currently control 11 computers, each computer runs ISboxer local and usually between 6 and 12 clients.... sounds like a mess but it is a work of magic when you see all the boxes murdering Norath's denizens

You can copy and past from any of the boxes too so it is awesome! and F R E E !

I do use innerspace ect to launch multiple versions of the game, I am looking for something that allows me to move my mouse from my main machine across all 9 computers. The two programs above are what I tried so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Razkle I will have to check that out

Input Director

I've tried synergy but it seems to have issues that you can't go to that computer if that toon is zoning.

Zero, do you not find the issue where if your main machine with input director has eq1 open and then you switch to the second computer and hold your mouse button down it also moves the camera of the main machines screen?

It is like the mouse is on both screens and moves both the same.

That is correct. It does have some bugs in it and I think it is known. This only happens for certain mmo games and eq just happen to be one of those cause it still uses older version of directx and older graphics engine.

I think even at times, it has a pass through for the pause key to different screens also as soon as you mouse over to another screen.

I do use innerspace ect to launch multiple versions of the game, I am looking for something that allows me to move my mouse from my main machine across all 9 computers. The two programs above are what I tried so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Razkle I will have to check that out

Maybe I misunderstand what you're trying to do. ISBoxer will let you broadcast between multiple computers. Are you wanting to treat each computer as a separate windowed desktop of sorts? I use ISBoxer (now that i just got it instead of WinEQ) on each machine to box teams. I use Chrome's Remote Desktop to connect my main computer to each computer (4 in total). As I am running dual monitors on the main machine, I have the left monitor as my working desktop with each computer's remote log in window small. When I want to control that computer, I simply click that session and hit the max icon to full screen and run there. All my AHK set ups can be broadcast to the remote log in window the same as my main computer. Sounds busy but is really pretty simple once you set it up and run. Not sure if that helps but tools to your disposal. :)

I just found it here. I will read up. Thanks guys

- - - Updated - - -

Dang apparently I am not level 2 and cannot see the thread.

On topic, you can use ROCCAT power grid to use phones/tablets as an extension for any game to automate keystrokes. it is super useful for mq2eqbc since you can command everyone at once. you can also set up toggles for on/off status. you'd be able to automate hotkeys externally and maybe clean up hotkey bars in game or just have the toggles. here is an example that i made for mq2bot.

Attachments

• mq2bot_grid.png
    mq2bot_grid.png
    150.1 KB · Views: 3,429
  • mq2bot_grid_toggles.png
    mq2bot_grid_toggles.png
    207.2 KB · Views: 3,425
  • MQ2bot_v003.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
Zero, do you not find the issue where if your main machine with input director has eq1 open and then you switch to the second computer and hold your mouse button down it also moves the camera of the main machines screen?

It is like the mouse is on both screens and moves both the same.

I seem to remember settings for mouse placement in ID, but i'm not sure. I used Multiplicity for a long time without any issues. But I always kept EQ in windowed mode, movable, and not grouped in the task bar. Not sure if that had anything to do with my results. Are you using EQplaynice, ISBoxer, or any other program to modify the eq client window?

When I used multiple computers, I used Multiplicty and it moved between all my computers great. I had 14 or 16 computers, each computer just running 1 EQ as I was actually......boxing. And using X-keys and stuff like that for each computer. It was nutz. The trick was to run the master on a computer that did not run EQ as there was something about focus, so if your master was on a computer running EQ, it'd go unfocused and sooner or later you just won't be able to move between screens. Or something like that, it's been years since I played that way, but Multiplicity definitely worked.

Now I just run a single laptop with a second screen that is strong enough to box 13 accounts. Pretty sure it can do much more, especially if I dial the fancy down a little.

I have noticed this issue as well Choz,

When right clicking for movement etc in eq on a slave machine it does move the camera or when you even click on the slave machines to target a mob it clicks on the primary (Only on the Primary). Other virtual KVM's are the only option unless swapping to a hardware KVM anyone have a list of Virtual KVM's? I see the Multiplicity mentioned but it appears that would need to be a paid version to be a reliable download and for a 9 PC setup it would run $39.99 per or does anyone have a reliable free source for that software? EQBC may be a go to for some but does not seem to be something that will resolve the issue at hand or even a viable work around for controlling other computers without multiple mice/keyboards which is why I personally would rather stick with a good Software KVM... Another work around is to have a browser or any other window open on the main screen of the primary but once again related to playing eq it is not alot of fun messing up targeting etc.

I see the Multiplicity mentioned but it appears that would need to be a paid version to be a reliable download and for a 9 PC setup it would run $39.99 per or does anyone have a reliable free source for that software?

It's 39.99 per user, not per computer. The slave computers don't count in the registration cost, only the controller.

After thinking about this, I realized why my setup works. My main controller computer has two monitors. My EQ screen is off to my right, my main screen stays open to allahkazam, google, facebook, redguides, etc. So my "center" screen doesn't have a client on it. Might be worth a try, pick up a cheap LCD used. But anyway..

Input Director, Multiplicity, Synergy, okvm.. and many others. I believe VNC offers a kvm function, though I could be wrong.

Good luck!

I tried vnc 1st but it was too glitchy. If you can fin synergy 1.5 it has been the most stable for me and I box like a madman...

On topic, you can use ROCCAT power grid to use phones/tablets as an extension for any game to automate keystrokes. it is super useful for mq2eqbc since you can command everyone at once. you can also set up toggles for on/off status. you'd be able to automate hotkeys externally and maybe clean up hotkey bars in game or just have the toggles. here is an example that i made for mq2bot.

THIS, is friggin awesome, gonna have to check that out. Botting from work where there is no external connection...priceless.

PeteSampras,
Any chance you would be willing to provide details about setting up your first 8 buttons? I have been fiddling with it and I see what has been done with the lower 12 buttons included in your MQ2bot_v003.zip and I must so, so far this is awesome. I need to setup a port forwarding/NAT to make it work form outside my local LAN but other than that ... fantastic.

PeteSampras,
Any chance you would be willing to provide details about setting up your first 8 buttons? I have been fiddling with it and I see what has been done with the lower 12 buttons included in your MQ2bot_v003.zip and I must so, so far this is awesome. I need to setup a port forwarding/NAT to make it work form outside my local LAN but other than that ... fantastic.
ah those are toggle buttons, it requires a minor level of scripting using the official ROCCAT Toggle plugin that is on their download store for free. i can post additional info later but i am about to head out to work. i ended up cutting out all the required pieces from each of the 4 files and putting them into a single file so i could copy/replace a single word then moved them back to the file. You can do a lot more than just a single toggle. you can do dials/levels/sliders that move for each push. So you could cycle say a heal % in increments from 0 to 75 to 85 to 95 if those are 4 settings you use on the reg. each push would toggle to next. For now you can just youtube the plugin and it shows step by step how to do it.

PeteSampras,

I've attached the code that i mentioned. Once you download the ROCCAT Toggle Plugin, it has several files in the folder and a resource folder. you put the pictures of the buttons you want in the resource folder and add the attached code in the files/locations listed after replacing "weapons" with whatever word you want and fixing the macro to do whatever it is you want it to do.

First, create the button pictures. lets say they are named weapons_switch_on.png and weapons_switch_off.png for their on/off states.
Second, replace all "weapons" with whatever you want to call it in the .txt
Third, copy/paste from the .txt into the individual files/sections as listed.
Fourth, change the macro to what you want.

Here is a breakout of the attached file:

file: toggle.ctrlset.json
section: Elements: [
Rich (BB code):
		{
			Name:"Weapons Switch",
			Control:"toggle:weapons_0_Control",
			Category:"SWITCHES"
		},

file: plugin.json
section: Functions:
Rich (BB code):
	"weapons_0",
	"init_weapons_0",
section: Gfxs:[
Rich (BB code):
		{
			Name:"weapons_0_on",
			Rsc:"toggleRsc/weapons_switch_on.png"
		},
		{
			Name:"weapons_0_off",
			Rsc:"toggleRsc/weapons_switch_off.png"
		},
section: Skins:[
Rich (BB code):
		{
			Name:"weapons_0_Skin",
			Layouts:[
				{
					Name:"weapons_0_Layout",
					Type:"Gfx",
					Gfx:"weapons_0_on",
					Left:"0",
					Top:"0",
					Width:"160",
					Height:"160",
					OnMousePress:"weapons_0"
				}
			]
		},
section: Controls:[
Rich (BB code):
		{
			Name:"weapons_0_Control",
			Skins:["weapons_0_Skin"],
			Config:{
				Description:"switch weapons 0"
			},
			Width:1,
			Height:1
		},

file: toggle.grids.json
section: Elements:[
Rich (BB code):
				{
					Control:"toggle:weapons_0_Control",
					Left:0, //x position on grid
					Top:3  //y position on grid
				},

file: toggle.qs
section: /* these are global variables */
Rich (BB code):
var flag_weapons_0		=-1;
section: /* buttons with two states */
Rich (BB code):
function weapons_0(pxSkin)			
{
	if(flag_weapons_0 < 0){									
		this.FindLayout("weapons_0_Layout").setGfx("toggle:weapons_0_off");		
		this.RunMacro("p 4");	
	}
	if(flag_weapons_0 > 0){									
		this.FindLayout("weapons_0_Layout").setGfx("toggle:weapons_0_on");		
		this.RunMacro("p 4");	
	}

flag_weapons_0 = flag_weapons_0*(-1); 						
}

Attachments

• ROCCAT_toggle_button.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 9
hi and sorry for my english , just bought a "skeltr" and trying to use mq2bot , seen the 8 first button are not in the files , is it possible to give the full bot plz ? easier for me to learn how to switch on/off with lot of example , to creat more eqbc macro :)

thx a lot :)

Tech - What do you all use for cross cpu mouse/keyboard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back