• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - well, well looks like.... (1 Viewer)

albigensia

RedCents
34¢
Since the last test patch my MQ window is getting spammed with the "well, well looks like someone didn't read changes.txt from feb 12 2016". I admit didn't, so what do I do to fix this spamming? Also my pulling isn't working...something about /call pull...I cant read it, it just spams my screen.

12 feb 2016
Fixed SpellReady so it's 100% reliable now.
Other stuff
Updated for TEST
BELOW THIS LINE ARE TEST RELATED CHANGES, BUT LIVE BUILDERS SHOULD READ IT AS WELL (cause it is comming your way)

Added CalcIndex to ${Spell} (on TEST)
Added NumEffects to ${Spell} (on TEST)
Both of them SHOULD be used in macros that enumurate Base, Base2, Calc,Attrib and Max
Example: lets say your macro does this:
/for i 1 to 12
/echo Base ${i} is : ${Spell[Augmentation].Base[${i}]}
/next i
FROM NOW ON: IT SHOULD LOOK LIKE THIS: (or you will get errors running it)
/varcalc count ${Spell[Augmentation].NumEffects} + 1
/for i 1 to ${count}
/echo Base ${i} is : ${Spell[Augmentation].Base[${i}]}
/next i

Ok, listen PEOPLE WHO BUILD MQ2 FOR -> TEST <- : this is IMPORTANT!:
This patch punched a bunch of holes in mq2, and Im telling you folks right now:
IF YOU DONT UPDATE YOUR PLUGINS THEY WILL Fail to build.
ok and here is how to update them:
Search EVERY single plugin you have for references to ->Base[, ->Base2[, ->Calc[, ->Attrib[ and ->Max[
Replace EVERY result with a proper call to the corrosponding new APIs:
LONG GetSpellAttrib(PSPELL pSpell, int index);
LONG GetSpellBase(PSPELL pSpell, int index);
LONG GetSpellBase2(PSPELL pSpell, int index);
LONG GetSpellMax(PSPELL pSpell, int index);
LONG GetSpellCalc(PSPELL pSpell, int index);
Let me give and example: You do the search and you find this code:
for (int a = 0; a < 12; a++) {
switch (spell->Attrib[a])
YOU MUST replace that code... with this:
if (PSPELL spell = GetSpellByID(SpellID)) {
for (int a = 0; a < spell->NumEffects; a++) {
switch (GetSpellAttrib(spell, a))

Notice what I did there? you CANNOT and SHOULD NOT use hardcoded "12" anymore
It just isn't how spell effects are stored anymore, they only store
the ACTUAL number of effects in memory, not all 12 slots...
So... the new Spell member ->NumEffects SHOULD ALWAYS be used from now on.

Mkay? questions?, come talk to us on irc/skype/email whatever...
And finally, for the LIVE people... this is comming your way within a week or so when
they patch for LIVE, so get ready, cause I'm not going to repeat this info again.
This message will self destruct in 3...2...1...

I'm not quite sure what I'm suppose to do with that information. I'm not a computer person. I think I may understand what to do, but I have no clue where to change these things. Also I use the "auto updater", wouldn't that fix any problems with my plugins? Or does this need to be done manually?

the auto updater would only fix your problems if someone has made those changes to the plugins you are downloading.

Otherwise you would need to make the changes yourself and recompile

There was a new release since Our test compile was updated last by us. we have not updated the test compile to the newest source yet. we are working on it.

I don't believe so. I can't look at the moment. What happens is it de-mems your "empty spell slot" goes to mem another spell and the character just pops up and down but never mens the spell. I will take a look when I get on later this evening if there is an error message.

Message as follows:

[65461311]MQ2Cast:[Memorize]:Aborting!

Last edited:
which spell are you trying to cast with it?

Have noted before that MQ2Cast_Spell_Routines.INC (which uses the plugin of course) seems to not like long recast spells, and will abort them if they take ( at a guess) longer then 8-9 seconds to be ready to cast (example are some of the enchanter group spell damage mitigation/rune spells)

I've never had trouble before with these spells. It will not memorize them is the problem. If they are in a spell slot it will cast them with no problem. Then it de-mems the spell from the slot to mem a new spell and nothing, just the aborting phrase.

Nope, I don't run HSs. This has happened before and it was fixed on an update for Mq. I rarly change anything in my macros and run minimal plugins. I'm pretty positive this isn't on my end unless they changed how basic kissassist works and I have to change something myself.

Maybe I need to do a better job of explaining myself.

This is what happens.
I have a spell memed in my last spell slot which is my "open slot" in my macro. It will cast that spell on me and my group members, but when it goes to mem the next spell for buffing it will not mem the spell and gives that message and will keep trying to mem the spell and cast it, but fails to do so. You see the character go to mem the spell and even the spell book opens but almost instantly jumps out of the spell book to a standing position and waits a bit and tries again.

I know what you mean about having something on your cursor. I've had that happen before. Although this happens with all my characters.

Does the caster after jumping out of the spell book, try and cast something else? Like a heal or a DPS spell?

Check your ini file under the [General] section and let me know what CastingInterruptOn is set to.

Nope, character just gets stuck in that cycle. Character will cast other spells that are memed, but nothing from that last slot.

- - - Updated - - -

Will do. I'm at work atm, so I'll have to check that when I get home.

I have everything in the newer version of kiss. I was asking because I had emailed myself an ini so I looked at that one but it is 8.5. So I will still need to take a look at home. I would assume it would be on whatever was default.

Thank you very much Eqmule! By the way. This issue is on test.

- - - Updated - - -

Will be fixed in today's update.

Eqmule, I don't want to seem impatient because I know there is much going on with the live server, but I wanted to make sure you had understood that the issue I'm was having is on test. Thanks.

Question - well, well looks like....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back