• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - MQ2 on Linux? (1 Viewer)

Abbath

RedCents
19¢
Hi guys, just curious if there is a way of getting MQ2 to work with linux? have EQ running using Wine.

I doubt it will work, MQ2 is written in visual, and the compiles rely on backend windows dll's, which don't behave in nearly the same manner on Wine. I would love to get it working, as my powerhouse computer is a linux box (for playing Kerbal Space Program without stupid windows ram limits) and linux boxes eq like a champ.. but.. I have not yet found a way.

At best I would think you would have to download the code, install MSvisual on wine (if that even works), compile MQ2 in the emulator, then run.. :p

I run MQ2 + EQ on linux quite sucessfully. All you need to do is make sure that MQ2 is running in the same wine environment that EQ is. Give me a day or two and I'll see if I can write up a guide (I'll try to make it distro agnostic since gentoo is not for the faint of heart or linux newbie).

I run MQ2 + EQ on linux quite sucessfully. All you need to do is make sure that MQ2 is running in the same wine environment that EQ is. Give me a day or two and I'll see if I can write up a guide (I'll try to make it distro agnostic since gentoo is not for the faint of heart or linux newbie).

That would be awesome to see how it is set up.

You would be my hero!

I used MQ2 on Linux in Wine for years. It actually worked great until the re-injection changes in Macroquest2.exe. Basically, MQ2 will inject, then MacroQuest2.exe will crash. If you get an older version of MacroQuest2.exe and use it with the latest builds, it works fine. They have to be running in the same wine instance (prefix) in order for it to recognize eqgame.exe...

Question - MQ2 on Linux?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back