• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - MQ2Nav Beta by Brainiac and Donation Kick Starter. (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my character in the zone, my folder references set up correctly (MQ2 base folder and Everquest base folder), MQ2Nav Plugin loaded, and for some reason it's failing to recognize objects in meshgenerator. Anyone have any ideas? The zone is Dragonscale Hills. I've logged on and off, tried different characters, tried zoning in and out, re-opening mesh generator, etc. Nothing works.

delete your mesh
have a toon in zone with mq2 running
open mesh generator
regen your mesh

I did all those things multiple times. I'll try again tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

Fixed it, I'm an idiot. Forgot there is a "Release" folder in in the default MQ2 folder. Pointed to MQ2, shouldve been release. Thanks for the help, great program.

I added the ability to navigate using ID's in my fork of the project. I haven't had any problems with it, but really only use it in a handful of zones/situations so far. So please let me know if you run into any problems and I will try to investigate them.

For /nav target, and /nav id # it currently sets the path to their location at that moment and doesn't update it even if that target moves. My next step I have been working on is adding a check to see if the target has moved enough to warrant recalculating the path. This hasn't been a high priority of mine (I haven't been using it to pull roaming mobs lately), but if enough people are interested I could push through that update pretty quickly I think.

Is there a guide for using this? I opened EQ, put my toon in the zone I wanted, started the meshgenerator, selected my zone it generated, went into EQ and tried to plugin MQ2Nav and it keeps saying "Plugin MQ2Nav could not be loaded."

That worked! Thanks, I searched everything and couldn't come up with a solution. Appreciate the quick responses.

Couldn't open Scorched Woods in EoK either - checked MQ2Nav folder it does not contain scorchedwoods.bin is there any place to get a copy of this?

Hey guys, I have been running this with kiss assist to some degree of success. One question I can't seem to find an exact answer to, however - How can I use it to automatically click doors while running kissassist?

I see how you can show doors etc, but I dont really understand how to enable clicking. I have always done doors plugin in the past, but since that isnt an option here - wasnt sure if auto clicking was something I am just missing?

Thanks a ton for all of the work you all have put into this!

Hey guys, I have been running this with kiss assist to some degree of success. One question I can't seem to find an exact answer to, however - How can I use it to automatically click doors while running kissassist?

I see how you can show doors etc, but I dont really understand how to enable clicking. I have always done doors plugin in the past, but since that isnt an option here - wasnt sure if auto clicking was something I am just missing?

Thanks a ton for all of the work you all have put into this!

The ability to show doors and other objects is mostly for troubleshooting. I don't recall the specifics of the doors functionality atm -- I tried to match the functionality of the old MQ2Navigation plugin the best I could. Door clicking seems to be something that has come up fairly often. I'm going to try and take a look at that behavior soon and see what improvements I can make to it.

Sorry I don't have much more right now, I'm out of town and won't be able to get back to development until later in the week.

- - - Updated - - -

When you open up Frontier Mountains, is the default tile size defaulting in red or is that just me?

The default tile size doesn't work for every zone, especially the larger ones.. If its red then you may need to make the tiles bigger.

- - - Updated - - -

Scorched woods in EOK wont open it says error in meshgenerator

will add this to my work list to look at.

I added the ability to navigate using ID's in my fork of the project. I haven't had any problems with it, but really only use it in a handful of zones/situations so far. So please let me know if you run into any problems and I will try to investigate them.

For /nav target, and /nav id # it currently sets the path to their location at that moment and doesn't update it even if that target moves. My next step I have been working on is adding a check to see if the target has moved enough to warrant recalculating the path. This hasn't been a high priority of mine (I haven't been using it to pull roaming mobs lately), but if enough people are interested I could push through that update pretty quickly I think.

Saw your PR, out of town atm but will integrate this soon.

This is really random but here is some info I was able to dig up a while back. Agent=toon

Rich (BB code):
  Cell size - rasterized cell size 
    Cell height - rasterized cell height 

Agent height - Minimum height where the agent can still walk 
    Agent radius - Radius of the agent 
    Max climb - Maximum height between grid cells the agent can climb 
    Max slope - Maximum walkable slope angle in degrees 

Min region size - Minimum regions size. Smaller regions will be deleted 
    Merged region size - Minimum regions size. Smaller regions will be merged 

Max edge length - Maximum contour edge length 
    Max edge error - Maximum distance error from contour to cells 
    Verts per poly - Max number of vertices per polygon 

Sample distance - Detail mesh sample spacing 
    Max sample error - Detail mesh simplification max sample error

Im having issues trying to get Nav to find a mesh when i make one. I found the MQ@ folder and picked it. Its like This PC> Desktop>MQ2. Is this wrong?

Im having issues trying to get Nav to find a mesh when i make one. I found the MQ@ folder and picked it. Its like This PC> Desktop>MQ2. Is this wrong?

in your case, it should be putting the meshes into Desktop > MQ2 > MQ2Nav, make sure that they are going there and they should be picked up.

- - - Updated - - -

Donated 25$
Transaction ID: 39846801XN878825C

thank you!

I just donated 25$ for this wonderful tool...
Brainiac .. excellent...

I thought it was super complex and didnt use at all... yesterday I installed and it was a blast...
Wonderful...

But now I also have an idea.

If I run kiss in a dungeon normally the nearest spawn is the next target to pull. That is cool for outside areays but in a dungeon this could be behind the wall and an very far way to pull.

What if mq2nav would calculate the distance of the real way to pull this mob. I mean the distance from where the puller stands to the mob but calculated with the real path like a navigation System.
With this Feature kiss e.g. could go through the possible spawn and then pull the target that is the nearest spawn from a pathing pont of view.

Just a thought...

Regards
and thx for this wonderful tool again
eqtrader63

I just donated 25$ for this wonderful tool...
Brainiac .. excellent...

I thought it was super complex and didnt use at all... yesterday I installed and it was a blast...
Wonderful...

But now I also have an idea.

If I run kiss in a dungeon normally the nearest spawn is the next target to pull. That is cool for outside areays but in a dungeon this could be behind the wall and an very far way to pull.

What if mq2nav would calculate the distance of the real way to pull this mob. I mean the distance from where the puller stands to the mob but calculated with the real path like a navigation System.
With this Feature kiss e.g. could go through the possible spawn and then pull the target that is the nearest spawn from a pathing pont of view.

Just a thought...

Regards
and thx for this wonderful tool again
eqtrader63

Thank you for your support!

Should be possible with something like ${Navigation.PathLength[target]}

This is one of the features I carried over from the original plugin, but i haven't put much thought into it.. it could be improved. It uses the same arguments as /nav (in the [])

- - - Updated - - -

So I spent a bit more time trying to figure out the issue with some doors appearing in the mesh but not in game. I haven't been able to identify the specific criteria that causes the game to ignore it. Sooo I'm going to come up with a different approach to solve the problem.

I will be adding the ability to view certain models and exclude them from the mesh. This will let you see them in game and easily pick which ones to remove so that the generator can ignore them. I will also set up a shared blacklist on GitHub so you guys can contribute to a shared list that I don't need to continually maintain.

It's quite a bit of work but I hope I can get it done in a matter of weeks instead of months.

What do you guys think?

That sound great.

Is it possible to add an open door function to MQ2Nav if a door is in your path instead of the destination? So if /nav target has a door between you and the mob. It will open it on the way to mob.

Thank you for your support!

Should be possible with something like ${Navigation.PathLength[target]}

This is one of the features I carried over from the original plugin, but i haven't put much thought into it.. it could be improved. It uses the same arguments as /nav ...
Hi Brainiac,

that variable returns -1 all the time. I guess its not implemented yet.
But thx for the quick answer

Regards
eqtrader63

Eq-- that works for me. You have to put in the XYZ... not the term "target".

I checked... if you use 'target' you get -1... :)

So, it would be good to be able to get that into the "spawn" search filter to sort by pathlength in KA

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, wrote up a short change to KA that searches for MOBs by pathlength. I posted it in the Kissassist forum.

Last edited:
I've been having some trouble getting toons to completely avoid cutout areas of my mesh. The will run the permimeter of the cut shape most of the time but if my cut shap doesn't have many corners they will try to navigate through the middle of it coming from certain angles. Is there a way to get them to avoid that cut area all the time?

Toots-- Good question... I've had the same issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Another issue is that the bot gets "caught" in some kind of update cycle and goes back and forth and back and forth between two points. Almost as if it gets to a point and decides another route in quicker, then when it tries that it decides the original path was right... and recycles in an infinite loop. There needs to be a way for it to "decide" if it catches itself in such a loop.

Brainiac-- what can I provide to help solve this issue?

- - - Updated - - -

Brainiac-- another minor issue-- sometimes I cannot get the UI to show up with /nav ui. Any clue on that?

- - - Updated - - -

Finally... is there a way to PLACE a path in the mesh, or put OBSTACLES in the path to force the pathing?

Is there an easy way to deal with ladders?

For example these ladders in Dragon's Necropolis? Trying to nav to targets up the ladders but characters just run into whatever wall is directionally towards the mob and doesnt even try to navigate to ladder area.
a6Gxra0.png

I sent you a pull request which lets you access the target id when you use /nav target or /nav id with ${Navigation.TargetID}. It has been working in my code for a couple of weeks, but if anyone finds any bugs let me know and I'l take a look.

Request - MQ2Nav Beta by Brainiac and Donation Kick Starter.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back