• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Plugin - MQ2Camera (1 Viewer)

Maskoi

old and salty
RedCents
81,386¢
MQ2Camera by Brainiac

MQ2 plugin to manipulate the game's third person camera.

screenshot.png

Currently this provides a distance option that lets you zoom the camera further away from your character.
Usage

Rich (BB code):
/camera distance # [save] - Set a new maximum distance. Cannot be lower than the default max camera distance. (/camera distance 500)
/camera distance reset [save] - Reset the camera distance to the default
/camera info - show the current settings for the camera distance

If save is specified in a command, the value will be written to the INI file and automatically applied the next time the plugin is loaded.

MQ2Camera is now part of RedGuides Very Vanilla Compile

Source code avaialble on Brainiac's github as well https://github.com/brainiac/MQ2Camera

Donate to Brainiac here

Last edited:
havent tried this out, but like in many new games, 3rd person is sorta over the left or right shoulder and a bit behind would that be possibility?

I tried this today and got two errors.

"Failed to find [ZoomCameraMaxDistance]
"Failed to initialize offsets. Plugin will not function.

There is an update we missed. I will ask Redbot to update it and see if we can get an updated compile released this weekend.

just curious is there a way to set the current camera distance so that we can use a macro to zoom out after setting the max
distance

So is this how Sic zooms out so far in his videos? I was thinking he was running on a 4k monitor with crazy resolution.

MQ2Camera /camera distance ### , . I get no difference in distance change, it seems to be stuck on stock distance.
I can verify what Ghar is seeing( or not seeing) My camera also seems to be stuck at the default range
yes, unfortunately it is broken at the moment as redbot posted yesterday.

it also messes with your vertical mouse sense

It currently works in Next under the same code, so it's likely something in Live MQ that is the issue.

I love this plugin! So glad it is back working. Playing an enchanter, this makes it easier to see sneaky mobs around camp.

Is there any way to make the camera be lifted "up".
Explained better: From first person, scroll out with scroll wheel. Then lift the camera "up" without having to change the angle.

Explained better: From first person, scroll out with scroll wheel. Then lift the camera "up" without having to change the angle.
That used to be a function in the EQ game client. I don't think it works anymore. But you're right. EQ's camera positioning appears to be much lower than modern PC games. As if EQ's camera is focused at about waist height vs modern MMOs and 3rd person games that have the camera focused at about shoulder height.

That used to be a function in the EQ game client. I don't think it works anymore. But you're right. EQ's camera positioning appears to be much lower than modern PC games. As if EQ's camera is focused at about waist height vs modern MMOs and 3rd person games that have the camera focused at about shoulder height.
Yes exactly! I feel like I miss so much of the environment because it's so low.

Stop scrolling out with the mouse wheel it is horrible.
Make sure keys are set correctly in Options, under Keys > Camera (category)

Lower Camera: Alt+NPAD 2
Raise Camera: Alt+NPAD 8
Zoom in: NPAD 7
Zoom out: NPAD 1

F9 twice.

Then hold NPAD1 to Zoom out.

Then hold Alt+NPAD8 to Raise up.

Believe that is what you want. I been using that for 20 years now to run my characters its in grained in my soul to do those combos when I log in.

Stop scrolling out with the mouse wheel it is horrible.
Make sure keys are set correctly in Options, under Keys > Camera (category)

Lower Camera: Alt+NPAD 2
Raise Camera: Alt+NPAD 8
Zoom in: NPAD 7
Zoom out: NPAD 1

F9 twice.

Then hold NPAD1 to Zoom out.
Then hold Alt+NPAD8 to Raise up.

Believe that is what you want. I been using that for 20 years now to run my characters its in grained in my soul to do those combos when I log in.
I got really excited reading this, then when I tried it, it fucks with the ability to use the mouse to pitch the camera :argh:

I got really excited reading this, then when I tried it, it fucks with the ability to use the mouse to pitch the camera :argh:

I guess using the keyboard for most things makes me forget about things like that. I do "Pitch camera down" with Alt + NPAD 3 and "Pitch camera up" with Alt + NPAD 9. I dont touch the mouse in normal combat. Inventory, AA window, etc I use the mouse for those things of coarse. I totally understand the camera pitch things I have to adjust it from time to time as well, 20 years and just use to doing it with NPAD. Sorry brother :)

I guess using the keyboard for most things makes me forget about things like that. I do "Pitch camera down" with Alt + NPAD 3 and "Pitch camera up" with Alt + NPAD 9. I dont touch the mouse in normal combat. Inventory, AA window, etc I use the mouse for those things of coarse. I totally understand the camera pitch things I have to adjust it from time to time as well, 20 years and just use to doing it with NPAD. Sorry brother :)
Keyboard turning is too slow for me, I have to be able to mouse turn and pitch the camera as fast as I can move the mouse. But I also use a Razer Naga so I have 12 thumb buttons on the mouse bound to the entire first hotbar. I play EQ like a modern MMO/FPS game.

Plugin - MQ2Camera

Users who are viewing this thread

Back