• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Starting a new Trio (1 Viewer)

RedCents
18¢
I want to start a Trio on a new server, Looking for Idea's for a group,

Don't want a Warrior, Cleric, Mage, Necro.. I have already played / leveled these.
So I would like a Trio of the remaining class that work well together,I am Focused on Group content,
and will probly Heroic them beings I have some that I havn't used yet, also will be gold so will have J5 merc's.

SK / Chanter / Wiz

tank with good pull tools including snare

crowd control, haste, slow and +adps

ports, solid dps

1 / 2 healer mercs & 2 / 1 wiz mercs.

as Razkle said above, could do bard instead of ench.

Are you going to actually play these or set them up to afk? That makes a big difference.

I think Enchanter, Wiz, Mage would be my go to team. (Healer + Wiz + Wiz mercs)

Enchanter to play manually. Pull to the mage who will pet tank.

Wiz for ports, mage for coth.

Depending on how far you want to make it, the tank merc is pretty horrible. My grinding "group" deals a lot more damage than 4 wizzys would, and there's no way the tank merc would make a viable option.

SK/Chanter/Mage or SK/Chanter/Wiz.

I currently box with SK as my tank. As other have said, merc tanks kinda suck relative to cleric mercs and wiz mercs. While the Bard has more utility, I prefer the Chanter because they box super easy and the ability to lock down bad pulls, along with longer mez times really makes a lot of content much easier.

On Mage vs Wiz, its really your call. My first toon was a Mage and I love the ability to have the Mage and Chanter cast Invis and IVU at same time, Mage goes where I need him to go and then COH the whole group right to where I need. Beats the heck out of trying to maneuver multiple toons up ramps and such (think Degmar). Plus Mage pet gives you a viable back up or even primary tank as well as pulling flexibility. With the Wiz you gain ports, teleport bind, and if you are using AFNuke, pretty nice dps.

Warrior - Mitigation Tank
Enchanter- pulling - crowd control (die less) - buffs speed and slow
Paladin - backup tank, backup heals, you know you want to play one
Cleric merc
Wiz - wiz merc

yes I want to play 1 and Kissassist the other 2, Merc's are included.

I'd play the enchanter and use kiss on a wiz and a mage. mercs would be healer + Wiz + wiz.

If you decide to use a this combo, PM me and I'll help you set up. You can make it to where the pet will tank everything for you and you can manually pull with the enchanter. All the rest are just burning down the mob :)

In that case enc, wiz, wiz will be incredible dps. Use enc to pull, cleric merc, warrior merc and wiz merc. Mobs will be dead real quick

You don't need a tank merc with an Enchanter. I can tank all group named up to Arx with just Enchanter/Wiz with a healer and wiz merc.

I'd play the enchanter and use kiss on a wiz and a mage. mercs would be healer + Wiz + wiz.

If you decide to use a this combo, PM me and I'll help you set up. You can make it to where the pet will tank everything for you and you can manually pull with the enchanter. All the rest are just burning down the mob :)

You don't need a tank merc with an Enchanter. I can tank all group named up to Arx with just Enchanter/Wiz with a healer and wiz merc.

That's all fine and dandy when you're maxed AA and geared out but he's starting a brand new character with crap heroic gears. Enchanter tanking won't be efficient at all.

Shadowknight / Enchanter / Wizard

Why?

Shadowknight is an amazing tank and puller at the same time, Enchanter can tank and pull as well and you'll be unstoppable with the mez and slow an enchanter has and not only that but the dps they can do, a Wizard will obviously out dps but the wizard can bind affinity in MANY places and port your entire group right back to where you exp.

Best three you can box.

I run Pally, Zerker, Bard and wouldn't change it for the world.

Paladin cast heal over time on self as mob is coming (he outruns mobs because of bar) (5.8k every tic, crits for 60k), usually pull 2-3 mobs doing this, with occasional quick heals (35k crits minimum on quick heals). Also have fast self heal which will heal me for about 90k.
Zerker and bard DPS augment each other (aura of rage and epic from bard/zerker) + quick time.
I have almost no downtime.

If I load up all my toons I take this into turbo and add another 100 zerker into the mix with 3 clerics healing my pally with a shaman and I pull about 60 mobs. Deflection then AoE burn them with the 2 zerkers.
It's great fun doing this with someone 85+ in group who gets 1%ish per kill with lessons going in valley.

Last edited:
Zerker / Shaman / Bard ... Zerker can tank trash and pop tank merc for named .... bard can single pull ... shaman can patch heal. 2 wizzy mercs and a cleric most of the time and swap a wizzy for a tank on named. Or 2 healer mercs and a wizzy until the zerker can get a set of AC augs on him.

In truth it all depends on you play style, personal preferences, and learning curve....we all know you'll pick whats best for you, and be as great as you can be with them.

Question - Starting a new Trio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back