Thread: Kissassist Setup For Beginners

1. Top | #1

Kissassist Setup For Beginners

Quick guide for beginners.............Plus a few tips

Red - Text to change in .ini file
    Blue - Ingame Commands
    Green - Comments/Info
    Purple - IMPORTANT

When changing data in ini file, once you have saved changed you will have to start a new session for changes to come into effect. You can start a new session by executing /end then /mac kissassist or /mac kissassist as it will end your current session and start a new one
    In game commands will change kissassist during the session but once you end the session it will go back to its original saved state

/mac kissassist manual - this will render your char playable but will help with keeping other boxes/toons buffs on your char -- you might have to target yourself for this to work
    /mac kissassist OR /mac kissassist *Toonname* - make sure you target char or type in toon name which you are assisting to start kissassist -IMPORTANT- this will make that char your Main Assist(MA)
    /mac kissassist pullertank OR /mac kissassist puller OR /mac kissassist pullerpetank -make sure before you execute this command you have all your other chars set up(assist MA) or puller with pull straight away without group being ready

Another good idea is to set roles in group group window, you can do this by right clicking members of group and selecting the roles tab, if you have mercs out, this will help stop mercs randomly running off and standing in the middle of no ware
    Another helpful thing i have found is /switch, when using kissassist it makes your target sticky so you will not be able to target other mobs because it will automatically go back to the original mob you had targeted, so using /switch will swap between targets in your extended target window

Below is what your kissassist ini file should consist of - varies a little between different classes
    File name is in MQ2 folder and called kissassist_Toonname.ini

[General]
    KissAssistVer=8.2.5
    Role=Assist
    CampRadius=30 - /campradius 30- CampRadius will only work if ReturnToCamp=1...... I usually set my Campradius to a max of 50
    CampRadiusExceed=400 - Once you reach a distance greater then 400 away from Camp it will toggle off ReturnToCamp
    ReturnToCamp=0 OR 1 - /camphere- 0=OFF 1=ON -- If ON return your toons to your camp location -- /camphere will toggle this command -IMPORTANT- MAKE SURE CHASEASSIST=0 OTHERWISE IT WILL RUN BETWEEN YOUR CAMP LOCATION AND MAIN ASSIST
    ChaseAssist=1 OR 0 - /chaseon OR /chaseoff - 0=OFF 1=ON -- If ON this will follow your Main Assist -IMPORTANT- MAKE SURE RETURNTOCAMP=0 OTHERWISE IT WILL RUN BETWEEN YOUR CAMP LOCATION AND MAIN ASSIST
    ChaseDistance=25 - /chasedistance - Determines the distance you follow your Main Assist
    MedOn=0 OR 1 - 0=OFF 1=ON -- Determines whether your toon with Med
    MedStart=25 - /medstart - Determines the Mana % when your toon will start to Med -IMPORTANT- BE CAREFUL WHEN CHASEASSIST=1, SOMETIMES YOUR TOONS WILL MED AND WONT CHASE YOUR MAIN ASSIST
    MedCombat=0 OR 1 - 0=OFF 1=ON -- Determines whether your toons will Med during combat
    LootOn=0 OR 1 - /looton - 0=OFF 1=ON -- Determines whether your toons will Auto Loot -IMPORTANT- MAKE SURE IF GROUPED YOU SET WHAT TOON IS MASTERLOOTER BY RIGHT CLICKING TOONS NAME IN GROUP WINDOW, ROLES THEN MASTERLOOTER
    RezAcceptOn=0 OR 1 - 0=OFF 1=ON -- Determines whether your toons will auto accept rez -IMPORTANT- BEAWARE IF AFKING SOME PEOPLE WILL TRAIN MOBS ON YOU AND REZ YOU FOR 0% REZ -THERE ARE SOME MACROS THAT WILL HELP WITH THIS, WILL ONLY ACCEPT CERTAIN %REZ OR LOG AFTER YOU DIE
    AcceptInvitesOn=0 OR 1 - 0=OFF 1=ON -- Determines whether your toons will Auto Accept Group Invites
    GroupWatchOn=0 OR 1 OR 2 - 0=OFF 1=ENTIRE GROUP 2=HEALERS ONLY --Toon will stop and med when group members get below 20 Mana/Endurance and resume when they med to 90% -IMPORTANT- BE CAREFUL WHEN CHASEASSIST=1, SOMETIMES YOUR TOONS WILL MED AND WONT CHASE YOUR MAIN ASSIST
    EQBCOn=0 OR 1 OR 2|Channel -0=OFF 1=ON 2=ON|<Channel Name> -- Messages for Mez, Heals, Pulls and Tanking in MQ2EQBC. The command to have a toon join an EQBC channel is /bccmd channels <channel name> ie /bccmd channels povar. Inspired by eqbc messages from Zbot.
    IRCOn=0
    MiscGem=8 - Uses this gem slot to mem new spells - eg If you have buffs not memed it uses this slot to mem, cast buff, forget, mem new buff, cast buff, forget and so on -IMPORTANT- MAKE SURE HEALING SPELLS ARE NOT IN THIS SPOT OR SPELLS WITH LONG MEM TIME
    HoTTOn=0 OR 1 - 0=OFF 1=ON -- Turn the automatic opening of the Health of Target's Target Window On/Off. Default is on -IMPORTANT- WILL CRASH TO DESKTOP IF CUSTOM UI HOTT WINDOW
    CampfireOn=0 OR 1 - 0=OFF 1=ON -- Will try and drop a campfire if 3 or more fellowship members are in range. If not enough fellowship members in area to summon Campfire Kiss will try again in 5 minutes. Drops it at Macro starting point and will refresh if Campfire expires. If area is too steep for campfire Kiss will turn Campfire feature off.
    GroupEscapeOn=0 OR 1 - 0=OFF 1=ON -- Druid and Wizard group evacuation support to save from total wipe.
    [SpellSet]
    LoadSpellSet=0
    SpellSetName=KissAssist
    [Buffs]
    BuffsOn=0 OR 1 - /buffson - 0=OFF 1=ON -- Toggles whether toon will cast buffs
    Buffs1=Spirit of Wolf|Me -will cast buff on yourself
    Buffs2=Spirit of Wolf|MA -will cast buff on Main Assist
    Buffs3=Spirit of Wolf|!MA -will cast buff on everyone EXCEPT Main Assist
    Buffs4=Spirit of Wolf|Melee -will cast buff on melee toons in group
    Buffs5=Spirit of Wolf|Caster -will cast buff on caster toons in group
    Buffs6=Mottled Worg Bridle|Mount -will summon mount
    Buffs7=NULL
    Buffs8=NULL
    Buffs9=NULL
    Buffs10=NULL
    Buffs11=NULL
    Buffs12=NULL
    Buffs13=NULL
    Buffs14=NULL
    Buffs15=NULL
    Buffs16=NULL
    Buffs17=NULL
    Buffs18=NULL
    Buffs19=NULL
    Buffs20=NULL
    RebuffOn=0 OR 1 - 0=OFF 1=ON -- Determines whether will rebuff when spells have worn off
    CheckBuffsTimer=20
    [Melee]
    AssistAt=95 - /assistat - Determines what % of targets health for toons to assist
    MeleeOn=0 OR 1 - /meleeon - 0=OFF 1=ON -- Toggles whether toons will melee target
    FaceMobOn=0 OR 1 - 0=OFF 1=ON -- Determines whether toons will face target
    MeleeDistance=50 - /meleedistance - Determines the distance of target is away before it will attack
    StickHow=10 or <stick command> - Determines the distance toon will stick to target or how toon will stick to target eg. !front, behindonce, snaproll
    AutoFireOn=0 OR 1 - /autofireon - 0=OFF 1=ON -- Determines whether toons will Autofire, Ranged item and ammo must be equipped
    [GoM]
    GoMSHelp=Format - Spell|Target, MA Me or Mob, i.e. Rampaging Servant Rk. II|Mob
    GoMSpell1=NULL
    GoMSpell2=NULL
    [AE]
    AEOn=0 OR 1 - 0=OFF 1=ON -- Determines whether toons will cast Area Spell
    [GoM]
    AERadius=50 - Determines Radius around toon to check for mobs
    AE1=Rain Of Blades|2|Mob -will cast area spell when there are 2 or more mobs within 50 radius
    AE2=Rain Of Blades|3|Mob -will cast area spell when there are 3 or more mobs within 50 radius
    AE3=NULL
    AE4=NULL
    AE5=NULL
    [DPS]
    DPSOn=0 OR 1 OR 2 - /dpson - 0=OFF 1=ON(will cast spell but may miss spells if mob dies to quick) 2=ON(will cast spells in order and wont miss anyspells) -- Toggles whether toon will cast dps/combat buffs
    DPSSkip=20 - /dpsskip 20- Determines at what health you will stop casting spells on target
    DPSInterval=2 - /dpsinterval 2 - Determines how fast you will cast spells with no cooldown, so if you have a nuke with no cooldown it will spam that spell every 2 seconds
    DPS1=Banestrike|95|Once - will cast spell once for each target you attack
    DPS2=Banestrike|95 - will cast spell everytime it comes off cooldown
    DPS3=Haste|95|MA - will cast buff on Main Assist during combat
    DPS4=NULL
    DPS5=NULL
    DPS6=NULL
    DPS7=NULL
    DPS8=NULL
    DPS9=NULL
    DPS10=NULL
    DPS11=NULL
    DPS12=NULL
    DPS13=NULL
    DPS14=NULL
    DPS15=NULL
    [Aggro]
    AggroOn=0 OR 1 - 0=OFF 1=ON -- Determines whether toons will use aggro spell/abilities
    Aggro1=Terror of Death|20|< - will cast if you want to gain aggro when less then 20 threat
    Aggro2=Fading Memories|20|> - will cast if you want to loose aggro when above 20 threat
    Aggro3=NULL
    [Heals]
    Help=Format Spell|% to heal at i.e. Devout Light Rk. II|50
    HealsOn=0 OR 1 OR 2 OR 3 - /healson - 0=OFF 1=ON(ALL) 2=ON(JUST GROUP) 3=ON(JUST MA) -- Toggles whether toon will cast heal spells
    Heals1=Healing|90|MA - will cast heal on your Main Assist if less then 90% health
    Heals2=Healing|90|!MA - will cast heal on everyone EXCEPT your Main Assist if less then 90% health
    Heals3=Healing|90|pet -will cast heal on your pet if less then 90% health
    Heals4=Healing|90 -will cast heal on everyone if less then 90% health
    Heals5=Group Healing|90 -will cast heal on everyone when group health average if less then 90% health
    Heals6=Siphon|90|tap -will cast tap on target if less then 90% health -- for necros and sk's
    Heals7=Healing|90|Me - will cast heal on yourself if less then 90% health
    Heals8=NULL
    Heals9=NULL
    Heals10=NULL
    Heals11=NULL
    Heals12=NULL
    Heals13=NULL
    Heals14=NULL
    Heals15=NULL
    XTarHeal=0 OR 1-10 - 0=OFF OR 1 to 10 -- You can assign the healer to watch 1 XTarget slot for heals.
    AutoRezOn=0 OR 1 - 0=OFF 1=ON -- Determines whether toons will battle rez only(only works during combat)
    AutoRezWith=Spell - Determines which spell/abilities to use as battle rez only(only works during combat)
    [Cures]
    CuresOn=0
    Cures1=NULL
    Cures2=NULL
    Cures3=NULL
    [Pet]
    PetOn=0 OR 1 - /peton- 0=OFF 1=ON - will toggle pet on, if pet doesn't exist will summon pet -IMPORTANT- MAKE SURE YOU HAVE REGENTS FOR PET EG. BONE CHIPS
    PetSpell=YourPetSpell
    PetShrinkOn=0 OR 1 - 0=OFF 1=ON -- Determines whether your toons will shrink pets
    PetShrinkSpell=Tiny Companion
    PetBuffsOn=0 OR 1 - 0=OFF 1=ON -- Determines whether you want to buff pet
    PetBuffs1=Haste - will keep haste buff up on pet
    PetBuffs2=NULL
    PetBuffs3=NULL
    PetBuffs4=NULL
    PetBuffs5=NULL
    PetBuffs6=NULL
    PetBuffs7=NULL
    PetBuffs8=NULL
    PetCombatOn=0 OR 1 - 0=OFF 1=ON -- Determines whether you want pet to melee
    PetBreakMezSpell=NULL OR Spell - Determines what pell to use to break mez when in PetTank or PullerPetTank roles.
    PetRampPullWait=0 OR 1 - 0=OFF 1=ON -- WaitS until rampage/swarm pets drop before starting next pull. (Used for pet classes in PullerPetTank role).
    PetSuspend=0 OR 1 - Not too sure what you would use this for
    [Burn]
    BurnText=Decepticons Attack
    BurnAllNamed=0
    Burn1=NULL
    Burn2=NULL
    Burn3=NULL
    Burn4=NULL
    Burn5=NULL
    Burn6=NULL
    Burn7=NULL
    Burn8=NULL
    Burn9=NULL
    Burn10=NULL
    Burn11=NULL
    Burn12=NULL
    Burn13=NULL
    Burn14=NULL
    Burn15=NULL
    [Pull]
    PullWith=Melee OR Spell/Ability OR Pet - When in hilly zones i recommend you use melee to pull mob or you may be out of line of site by the time you run up to pull, so you will constantly run from camp to mob over and over without pulling the mob.
    MaxRadius=350 - /maxradius 350 - Determines the Radius distance you will search and pull mobs from
    MaxZRange=50 - /maxzrange 50 - Determines the Z axis you will pull mobs, for hilly zone change to 100-200
    PullWait=0 Time in seconds to wait looking for mobs if no spawns are up ie you killed everything. Used mostly for camping named so you are aren't looking for mobs every second. Default=0
    PullRoleToggle=0 OR 1 - 0=OFF 1=ON -- Toggles you puller before pulls and turns it off once back in camp after a pull. You must be group leader to do this. Added for play styles that insist on merc healers staying in camp on pulls. (Currently only active in PullerPetTank role).
    ChainPull=0 - Determines whether your puller will chain pull
    ChainPullHP=90 Mob HP level to start looking for another mob to pull.
    ChainPullPause=30|2 - Determines the time in minutes to pull mobs before holding pulls|How long to Hold pulls.
    [AFKTools]
    AFKHelp=AFKGMAction=0 Off, 1 Pause Macro, 2 End Macro, 3 Unload MQ2, 4 Quit Game
    AFKToolsOn=0
    AFKGMAction=1
    AFKPCRadius=150
    CampOnDeath=0
    ClickBacktoCamp=0
    [Merc]
    Help=To use: Turn off Auto Assist in Manage Mercenary Window
    MercOn=0 OR 1 - 0=OFF 1=ON -- Determines whether merc will assist or not
    MercAssistAt=92 - /mercassistat 92 - Determines at what %health of target merc will assist at

IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE HELPFUL INFORMATION OR ANY OF MY INFORMATION IS INCORRECT PLEASE LET ME KNOW, TRYING TO MAKE A GUIDE TO HELP EVERYONE(I AM NEW TO THIS ASWELL SO ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED)
    Last edited by Kopyrpg; 07-09-2015 at 06:53 AM.

2. 45 users hit "Thanks" on this epic post, earning Kopyrpg 450 Redcents.

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

ac1dgenocide (01-20-2017), Balamor (07-31-2015), BruskieEQ (07-09-2015), BusyBard (07-09-2015), Buzzed (07-14-2017), ctaylor22 (07-09-2015), Darb (11-02-2016), Darkie (07-31-2015), Drbeefz (07-09-2015), Dretski (07-10-2015), dulak (04-30-2017), Edyukated (02-28-2017), eqgeek (08-27-2015), flippy577 (09-19-2015), FS3K (07-28-2015), Hipchecktwostep (01-13-2016), infadel (10-30-2016), Jinxx (02-19-2016), Johnny_Mack (12-20-2015), kajnonei (09-11-2015), Lee2008 (03-20-2016), Longbeard (08-31-2017), mark805 (07-09-2015), Maskoi (07-09-2015), McFleck (02-19-2017), Meistro (09-20-2015), nyghteyes (01-19-2016), playj (07-10-2015), plure (03-02-2017), raindog123 (08-03-2015), Randyleo (07-09-2015), Ranger__danger (12-19-2015), Razkle (07-10-2015), Redbot (07-09-2015), scotsbiker (07-09-2015), Sinn69 (07-09-2015), Skobbles (10-08-2015), Sodpoodle (09-27-2015), tATu_Stars (02-16-2017), Throaks (07-10-2015), Topnet (07-09-2015), tripp3001 (08-31-2016), TwistedMunky (04-03-2017), yamuath (08-14-2016), Ziandra (05-17-2016)

3. Top | #2

Re: Kissassist Setup For Beginners

thank you so very much!

4. One user has clicked "Thanks" to reward BruskieEQ for this post:

kajnonei (09-11-2015)

5. Top | #3
    MQ2 Visionary & Guru Creator (click for more info)Administrator Maskoi's Avatar
    RedCents

Code: 
    ChaseAssist=1 OR 0 - /chase
    is now
    Code: 
    /chaseon /chaseoff
    Awesome guide I will incorporate it into the new Kiss help section I am working on.

6. 3 users hit "Thanks" on this epic post, earning Maskoi 30 Redcents.

Jinxx (02-19-2016), kajnonei (09-11-2015), Longbeard (08-31-2017)

7. Top | #4

Quote Originally Posted by Maskoi View Post
    Code: 
    ChaseAssist=1 OR 0 - /chase
    is now
    Code: 
    /chaseon /chaseoff
    Awesome guide I will incorporate it into the new Kiss help section I am working on.
    ok fixed, thanks for input

8. Top | #5
    Single-handedly keeping Daybreak in business Identity verified by an admin

Bazaar Member (click for more info)Level 2 (click for more info)Creator (click for more info)Moderator
    RedCents

/mac kissassist OR /mac kissassist *Toonname* - make sure you target char or type in toon name which you are assisting to start kissassist -IMPORTANT- this will make that char your Main Assist(MA)
    Pretty sure you that is incorrect, if you have him targeted you do not need the "toonname"
    If he is NOT targeted you need to do: /mac kissassist assist "Toonname"
    OR
    if he IS targeted then you can also do : /mac kissassist assist OR /mac kissassist

The 2nd argument is always your role, so = Assist, Puller, Tank, Pullertank, Hunter

Either way very nice guide, thanks!
    Its all math, crack the math and own the code!

9. One user has clicked "Thanks" to reward Razkle for this post:

Kopyrpg (07-10-2015)

10. Top | #6

Nice guide thank you!

11. Top | #7

Quote Originally Posted by Razkle View Post
    Pretty sure you that is incorrect, if you have him targeted you do not need the "toonname"
    If he is NOT targeted you need to do: /mac kissassist assist "Toonname"
    OR
    if he IS targeted then you can also do : /mac kissassist assist OR /mac kissassist

The 2nd argument is always your role, so = Assist, Puller, Tank, Pullertank, Hunter

Either way very nice guide, thanks!
    Yep is wrong. Your totally correct. Will edit when im back on my computer. Thanks for picking that up

12. Top | #8

Nice post, will help alot!

13. Top | #9

BurnText=Decepticons Attack

I can't get this command to work.

I set up a macro that looks like this /g Decepticons Attack

They do nothing.

Also is there something that needs to be switched on for /switch to work?

14. Top | #10
    RedCents

These commands don't work in game chats for safety reasons. They have to be activated in the mq2 window or using EQBC

Try
    Code: 
    /switch
    /echo Decepticons Attack
    Last edited by Maskoi; 07-31-2015 at 04:29 AM.

15. Top | #11

are you entering these in group window or MQ window? also do you have EQBC running and all group connected to it?

run EQBC.. use /bccmd connect on all toons then try
    Code: 
    /bcg //Deceptions Attack
    Alth personnaly i would change that to something more your own.

- - - Updated - - -

16. One user has clicked "Thanks" to reward scotsbiker for this post:

playj (07-31-2015)

17. Top | #12
    Single-handedly keeping Daybreak in business Identity verified by an admin

Bazaar Member (click for more info)Level 2 (click for more info)Creator (click for more info)Moderator
    RedCents

just remember, if you change it on 1 toon.... CHANGE it on EVERY toon! or it wont work right!

These commands don't work in game chats for safety reasons. They have to be activated in the mq2 window or using EQBC

Try
    Code: 
    /switch
    /echo Decepticons Attack
    Its all math, crack the math and own the code!

18. Top | #13

I set up the bcg, the burn text still doesn't work, each of the two slave characters says it couldn't parse the command. I even copied and pasted the exact text in between the macro files and the in game macro. /bcg //Decepticons Attack

The switch works somewhat. From what I can see everyone switched, but the enchanter wouldn't mez the old target. MezStopHPs=0

Also, I run one main which I play manually by doing /melee off and using this toon to pull and tank. I run two slaves that are /mac kissassist and three mercs.

The third merc (sixth character in the group) refuses to attack when auto assist in the game is off. MercOn=1 MercAssistAt=95

19. Top | #14
    RedCents

It sounds like you don't have the aliases for the commands in your macroquest2.ini file. On one of your toon open there ini file and make KissAssistVer=0 save it and restart the mac. that will force a rewrite of the aliases.

20. Top | #15

Did you what you said to do.

The switch command works now and the enchanter remezzes.

Burn still does not work.

Las merc still does not assist.

Progress at least. :)

Should I be running my main toon on /mac kissassist manual? Would this be causing the problem?

21. Top | #16

Could someone explain In a bit more detail what Xtarheal does exactly? Maybe an example of how/when you'd use it?

22. Top | #17
    RedCents

If you have a toon outside the group and assign them to say Xtarget slot 5.
    If you change XtargetHeal=5 Kiss will watch that toons health and heal them if they need it.

23. Top | #18
    RedCents

Quote Originally Posted by bowhunter_241 View Post
    Did you what you said to do.

The switch command works now and the enchanter remezzes.

Burn still does not work.

Las merc still does not assist.

Progress at least. :)

Should I be running my main toon on /mac kissassist manual? Would this be causing the problem?
    Try
    Code: 
    /bcg //echo Decepticons Attack
    for the burn command

24. Top | #19

If you have a toon outside the group and assign them to say Xtarget slot 5.
    If you change XtargetHeal=5 Kiss will watch that toons health and heal them if they need it.
    How does it aquire the name of the person you want to watch? command in game? Or do you set it up in the ini?

For instance I'm boxing 8 characters. I'd like my cleric to monitor the health of the 2 I have in group.

25. Top | #20
    RedCents

Kiss automatically monitors all group members for buffs and heals. XTarheal is mainly for healing someone outside the group.

Kiss is designed not to use any character names in the ini file. Kiss gets toon info from the Party and Xtarget window.

26. Top | #21

Kiss automatically monitors all group members for buffs and heals. XTarheal is mainly for healing someone outside the group.

Kiss is designed not to use any character names in the ini file. Kiss gets toon info from the Party and Xtarget window.
    Wow lol ok thanks.
    Problem stemmed from my unfamiliarity with xtarget features =p

27. Top | #22

Great man, helped a lot thanks!

28. Top | #23
    Level 2 (click for more info) kadce's Avatar
    RedCents

can someone contact me via sky or vent and help me set it up please i don't understand any of it thanks

29. Top | #24
    Administrator Administrator Redbot's Avatar
    RedCents

Quote Originally Posted by kadce View Post
    can someone contact me via sky or vent and help me set it up please i don't understand any of it thanks
    I've seen you on chat several times, but we don't seem to be at our keyboards at the same time.

To get started, I recommend following this guide step-by-step:

http://www.redguides.com/forums/show...ginner-s-Guide