• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - MQ2Melee not triggering pummel (beastlord) / documentation question (1 Viewer)

Lucent

RedCents
45¢
Updated 2017 - MQ2Melee not triggering pummel (beastlord) / documentation question

Pummel is the Rake line of discs, which I do have set to fire in the ini.

I'm wondering if this is working exactly as programmed though, it might be (IDK, can't see the code)

See, I have every ability in the disc line EXCEPT the original Rake ability, which was quested. I am wondering if perhaps MQ2Melee requires you to have the original ability in that timers line (in this case timer 8) in order to use them, or if it has to be programmed for each new ability added. In which case the previous version foray etc wasn't working either.

I'm trying to find a researcher to make me a tome of rake and scribe it and see if that fixes the problem, in which case it's simply the first thing.

If it is a case of 'you must have the original ability for future upgrades of the ability to trigger', can we please add this to the documentation?

All i see is

Rake, Foray, Harrow, Rush, Barrage, Pummel
rake=[0-100] Use ability when endurance above [X]%. 0=Off

So I'm guessing without scribing rake maybe none of them work.

A secondary question regarding the other line of abilities.. aoe flurry

Flurry of Claws, Tumult of Claws, Clamor of Claws
fclaw=[0-100] Use ability when endurance above [X]%. 0=Off

Now, generally i would never set that to ON because it will break mezzes like crazy, but in COTF (and beyond?) we get a 'focused clamor of claws' attack which is the same attack, but single target only. basically a second single target rake. Is this possible to use with the ini or is it holyshit only right now? Any plans on implementing this if not? Perhaps a simple optional secondary INI line 'focusedFclaw=0/1' which would tell it to use the best single target version.

UPDATE: This is still an issue 2 years later, and moreso now that EOK is here

Copypasta of necro post below

This is a necro, but of my own thread, and a still persisting issue

I'm not sure who currently is maintaining mq2melee, but this has never been fixed - once mq2melee fires the rake line (currently maul in modern content) the plugin will not trigger again until it is reloaded, where it will then trigger 1 more time again and then continue to ignore the ability.

My best guess, not being a plugin writer, is that there is some sort of issue with a timer, or calling this specific line of abilities where it isn't looping back to check if it is up again after the first run through.

While a holyshit does work (yay for workarounds.. btw do 99% or less not 95...).. its still a relevant issue, moreso now.

In Empires of Kunark, the really freaking awesome beastlord synergy is triggered by this line of abilities.

It not triggering is something that is very easy to miss especially if folks are using KA or other macros to do most of the running of a toon - so i'm sure there are plenty of people fully or partially automating their beasts who are unaware they are missing quite a bit of dps (especially in group when its hitting multiple people and pets). Unless they happen to sit there and watch their beast or manually play it and dont have it on their multibind , and just happen to notice the button never greys out, folks will just sit there oblivious.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly. MQ2melee starts looking from the highest available to the lowest so you shouldn't need the first one or a lower level..

Here is the code you would look for in the mq2melee source.

Rich (BB code):
rake1         = { 8782  ,3 },        // disc: rake
rake2         = { 14158 ,3 },        // disc: harrow
rake3         = { 14159 ,3 },        // disc: harrow rk. ii
rake4         = { 14160 ,3 },        // disc: harrow rk. iii
rake5         = { 18170 ,3 },        // disc: foray Lv 85 bst UF
rake6         = { 18171 ,3 },        // disc: foray rk. ii
rake7         = { 18172 ,3 },        // disc: foray rk. iii
rake8         = { 27219 ,3 },        // disc: rush Lv 90 bst Hot
rake9         = { 27220 ,3 },        // disc: rush rk. ii
rake10        = { 27221 ,3 },        // disc: rush rk. iii
rake11        = { 30368 ,3 },        // disc: Barrage Lv 95 bst Hot
rake12        = { 30369 ,3 },        // disc: Barrage rk. ii
rake13        = { 30370 ,3 },        // disc: Barrage rk. iii
rake14        = { 36425 ,3 },        // disc: Pummel Lv 100 bst RoF
rake15        = { 36426 ,3 },        // disc: Pummel rk. ii
rake16        = { 36427 ,3 },        // disc: Pummel rk. iii
rake17        = { 45164 ,3 },        // disc: Maul Lv 104 bst TDS
rake18        = { 45165 ,3 },        // disc: Maul rk. ii
rake19        = { 45166 ,3 },        // disc: Maul rk. iii

Rich (BB code):
    case Beastlord: // BST
        AbilityFind(&idRAKE, &rake19, &rake18, &rake17, &rake16, &rake15, &rake14, &rake13, &rake12, &rake11, &rake10, &rake9, &rake8, &rake7, &rake6, &rake5, &rake4, &rake3, &rake2, &rake1, 0);
        AbilityFind(&idFERALSWIPE, &feral1, 0);
        AbilityFind(&idPETMEND, &mendpet1, &mendpet2, 0);
        AbilityFind(&idJOLT, &joltbst1, 0);
        AbilityFind(&idFEIGN[0], &feign_bst, 0);
        AbilityFind(&idASP, &asp, 0);
        AbilityFind(&idCSTRIKE, &cstrike, 0);
        AbilityFind(&idRAVENS, &ravens, 0);
        AbilityFind(&idFCLAW, &fclaw12, &fclaw11, &fclaw10, &fclaw9, &fclaw8, &fclaw7, &fclaw6, &fclaw5, &fclaw4, &fclaw3, &fclaw2, &fclaw1, 0);
        AbilityFind(&idBVIVI, &bvivi9, &bvivi8, &bvivi7, &bvivi6, &bvivi5, &bvivi4, &bvivi3, &bvivi2, &bvivi1, 0);
        AbilityFind(&idGORILLASMASH, &gorillasmash, 0);
        break;

yeaaaaah thats not really something I have access to or can even do lol

I just know I have rake set ot fire at 20% or more endurance and the rake line never ever fires

- - - Updated - - -

Further testing found further issue.

If mq2melee is loaded already, pummel will not fire. if I use /melee load in the middle of combat without changing anything, pummel will immediately fire upon reloading the plugin. but it will not continue to fire, rather it needsa reload for each time its activated.

I'm trying other things, removing stuff from INI. I already shut off kissassist and went back to the default UI as well on this toon

- - - Updated - - -

Another update - saved mq2melee ini information and then deleted characters INI default settings. It still will not fire unless /melee load is done.

I also noticed 'fclaw' (clamor of claws at this level) has the SAME issue. I had not noticed it before because i turn it off so he doesn't AOE mez'd mobs. but the default has fclaw=20

engaged combat, neither pummel (rake) or clamor of claws (fclaw) fired, though both were set to fire at 20% or more endurance.. until I melee loaded.

When i did /melee load, fclaw fired (which is probably above rake on the code).. and then pummel would not until I /melee load again.

I'm thinking something somewhere may be wrong in the code if default settings with no macros running and no custom UI still leads to it not working

- - - Updated - - -

Are there any other tests you would like me to do? if an admin wants to join me for demo thats fine too

This is a necro, but of my own thread, and a still persisting issue

I'm not sure who currently is maintaining mq2melee, but this has never been fixed - once mq2melee fires the rake line (currently maul in modern content) the plugin will not trigger again until it is reloaded, where it will then trigger 1 more time again and then continue to ignore the ability.

My best guess, not being a plugin writer, is that there is some sort of issue with a timer, or calling this specific line of abilities where it isn't looping back to check if it is up again after the first run through.

While a holyshit does work (yay for workarounds.. btw do 99% or less not 95...).. its still a relevant issue, moreso now.

In Empires of Kunark, the really freaking awesome beastlord synergy is triggered by this line of abilities.

It not triggering is something that is very easy to miss especially if folks are using KA or other macros to do most of the running of a toon - so i'm sure there are plenty of people fully or partially automating their beasts who are unaware they are missing quite a bit of dps (especially in group when its hitting multiple people and pets). Unless they happen to sit there and watch their beast or manually play it and dont have it on their multibind , and just happen to notice the button never greys out, folks will just sit there oblivious.

update: looks like our very own mastermind Maskoi did the lastest update mentioned on the wiki page. :D

Re: MQ2Melee

I am a dumbass but anyway here are some screenshots of a file that I've been working on for over a year.

Attachments

• melee1.JPG
    melee1.JPG
    206 KB · Views: 7
  • melee2.JPG
    melee2.JPG
    205 KB · Views: 7
  • melee3.JPG
    melee3.JPG
    212.2 KB · Views: 6
Request - MQ2Melee not triggering pummel (beastlord) / documentation question

Users who are viewing this thread