• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - Mobile Site (1 Viewer)

RedCents
368¢
So for Christmas I got myself a newer phone (not gonna say what type for fear of outrageous laughter). Previously on my old phone when I would open up RG it would go into "mobile" mode instead of "desktop" mode. Now on my new phone I can't seem to force my phone to go to mobile mode, instead I'm having to zoom in to read threads and such.

Is there a specific link I need to click or a setting I need to enable on this site in order to view over my phone the mobile layout. And currently I can't install Tapatalk or this would be a non-issue as well.

Thanks for any assistance.

Download tapatalk if its available for your phone.

I guess you didn't see in my post:

GPS_Soldier said:
And currently I can't install Tapatalk or this would be a non-issue as well.

I'm expecting a new OS update available for my phone in February that should allow me to install Tapatalk. I guess I'll just wait until then, but might fiddle around with the phone a bit more to see if I can't force it to view this site in a mobile format. There are many other websites that automatically go to a mobile view on my phone, but this is the first one I visit on a regular basis that hasn't gone to a mobile view.

- - - Updated - - -

So in order to view RedGuides in a mobile view I had to purchase a separate app that allows me to change the user-agent of the browser. I guess the native browser isn't supported by many sites as a mobile browser.

I guess you didn't see in my post:

I'm expecting a new OS update available for my phone in February that should allow me to install Tapatalk. I guess I'll just wait until then, but might fiddle around with the phone a bit more to see if I can't force it to view this site in a mobile format. There are many other websites that automatically go to a mobile view on my phone, but this is the first one I visit on a regular basis that hasn't gone to a mobile view.

- - - Updated - - -

So in order to view RedGuides in a mobile view I had to purchase a separate app that allows me to change the user-agent of the browser. I guess the native browser isn't supported by many sites as a mobile browser.

What browser are you looking at in?

Grr, well installed an update for my phone but still shows in desktop mode..... and I do not have TapaTalk.

Here is my user agent data:
Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.1.2072 Mobile Safari/537.35+

Well, did a major update on my phone and RG is still coming up in desktop mode.

Here is my latest user-agent string:

Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.1.2744 Mobile Safari/537.35+

Tech - Mobile Site

Users who are viewing this thread

Back