• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Rank II spells (1 Viewer)

crazykcards

RedCents
182¢
If I am all access and acquire rank II spells. What happens when the account is no longer all access? Will all the rank II become rank I or do I get to keep the rank II spells?

The Rank 2 Spell unlocker is called "Spell Rank Cap Increase" found under the Services section in the marketplace for 750 sc
Note: this can only bee seen or purchased if you are FTP, gold accounts this item gets filtered out of view

You should still have your rank 2 spells as long as you memorized them while you were a Gold member. You just cannot scribe more while you are FTP... Same goes with prestige items... If you equip them while you are a Gold member, you are good when you become ftp, unless you take them off. You just can't equip more Prestige items until you become gold again.

You should still have your rank 2 spells as long as you memorized them while you were a Gold member. You just cannot scribe more while you are FTP... Same goes with prestige items... If you equip them while you are a Gold member, you are good when you become ftp, unless you take them off. You just can't equip more Prestige items until you become gold again.

They appear as Rank 2 in your spellbook (and maybe your spell bar), but they cast as Rank 1 if you're FTP. Exception is if you've previously purchased the Rank 2 spell thingie from the station store. You also can't see this as an option unless you're FTP, so you can't take advantage of the bonus.

You may have to be silver to buy the rank spell unlocker. I know I bought it on two of my toons, but I just checked on my brand new out of the box heroic ftp and the option is not there under services.

You may have to be silver to buy the rank spell unlocker. I know I bought it on two of my toons, but I just checked on my brand new out of the box heroic ftp and the option is not there under services.

Oh, perhaps that's the case. I would argue we should all have mostly silver toons if we put in the effort to AA them all properly. A month of subscription time is plenty of time to get your toon maxed out on level and AA's. Getting a chance to buy the rank 2 spell thingie is just a bonus then, imo.

Prestige items give you no stats when you go back to FTP. They turn purple(?) I think and you lose all the stats. I found that out when I returned. I had t4 HoT gear and it was useless to me. I had to re-sub to get stats to farm more armor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prestige gear turns yellow - which means effectively unusable... purple is if you have a non-prestige piece of gear with a prestige aug in it (any of the slots will do that - purity, type 7, type 5, type 3...) .. the stats of the worn piece will reflect only the non-prestige stuff associated with it - if u have some TBM augs, they'll count, but say a purity gem thats prestige, that wont count..

Question - Rank II spells

Users who are viewing this thread

Back