• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - No Experience for F2P (1 Viewer)

malphual

RedCents
413¢
My Kissassist character is doing fine at killing blue and light blue mobs, but I keep getting a message that he is getting 0 Exp and 0 AA Exp.

This is a F2P account, and I'm a newb. So, can anyone give me a clue about what I need to do?
Do I need to buy some game access?
Do I need to purchase an expansion?
Do I need to kill Yellows and Reds for a multibox team to get exp?

Malphual what message do you mean?

1. A message from MQ2 Kissassit? then read the following:

Dont worry on the exp shown by the macro. You do get exp for every kill! The macro just cant pick it up if its only smal amounts.
What the macro does is compare the value of the exp bar before the kill with the value after the kill. But the values get rounded and therefor you cant
see the changes untill they reach a certain amount. As long as you get the yellow exp message from EQ itself you get exp!

2. Everquest telling you your char has reached the cap on AA/lvl exp?

F2P chars can only earn exp towards AAs till they reach 1000 AAs spent and lvl exp untill they are 100% into the max lvl depending on latest expansion owned. So if you have a toon e.g. which is lvl 100 and the normal exp bar is full and your toon got above 1000 AAs spent, then you wont be able to earn any further expierience on your F2P toon.

If this is the case you need to eighter be able to buy a new expansion for that toon and enable him to reach further levels (doesnt apply if allready 100)
or you need to go all access to be able to earn exp towards AAs past 1000 AAs spent.

This should cover the answers for your case, Crystane.

As Crystane said, 0.30 or 0.31 is the lowest possible value that KA can distinguish for regular xp. Just need to wait for a few mobs to be killed for the value to change.

If you have 18/20 expansions, highest xp that you can get would be 95.99 that is fully into level 95. Do check that you have the XP slider set to get regular XP. Has happened to every one of us. :)

As far as AAs go, new F2Ps are limited to 250AAs (older silver accounts got 1000AA limit, you cant buy silver anymore).

So if you have a heroic char with 5k AAs, you will want to buy a Krono to get additional AAs, you get to KEEP the AAs even after Krono expires.

If you do not have a heroic char, then what you want to do is buy Krono, get some 2k AAs first concentrating on those AAs requiring HOT and after and then you turn on auto-grant which grants most AAs up to and including Underfoot. This way you get to use some of the AA bonus that is applied to AA poor.

Auto-grant AA are very close to heroic grant AAs, except heroics also get some extra AAs from MPG trials and DON.

I was watching the MQ2 display on the screen instead of the yellow text from EQ. Thank you both for the explanation! :) BTW, it seems like Heroic Characters are sort of gimped if they have limited AA's. So, you think you are getting a playable character, but he's not quite as good as he seemed. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to play a lvl 85, but I see other level 80+ characters walking all over these mobs that are chewing me up. I got my butt kicked so many times just trying to do the first quest for the J5 merc. :) Most of the problem was my inexperience with the game, but I think gear and AA skills had a little to do with it as well.

umm just so you know they aren't gimped at all until heroic chars folks thought 2k aa was a viable toon if you start another thread maybe we can look at where ya problerms are it could be very easily that your ini aren't properly set up but I took a 85 heroic cleric and healed level 100 missions, level 85 out of the box heroics and farmed grounds np .

I used the word "gimped" because several veterans on the EQ forums stated the same thing. I concede to your own experience, and I will not attempt to defend their claims.

Question - No Experience for F2P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back