• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Toast - MQ2Cast (1 Viewer)

MQ2Cast has been having issues for years now. But no one has taken on the challenge to fix it. The last I looked at it, was because of an issue with MQ2cast thinking it was meming a spell when it wasn't and/or waiting for a spell to become ready to cast after the spell had been cast. This issue showed up on Clerics and Enchanters more than on any other classes. Don't think it had anything to do with their class as much as the combination of spells that they cast.

I was helping someone with a macro recently and wrote a sub routine to memorize a spell and then wait until it was done memorizing a spell.
Rich (BB code):
|** Checks the SpelltoCheck to be in GemToUse and returns complete if it gets memorized or it's already in the gem slot specified. **|
Sub CheckSpell(string SpelltoCheck, int GemToUse)
    /if (${Me.Book[${SpelltoCheck}]} && ${Me.Gem[${GemToUse}].Name.NotEqual[${SpelltoCheck}]} || !${Me.Gem[${GemToUse}].ID}) {
        /memorize "${SpelltoCheck}" ${GemToUse}
        /delay 10s ${Me.Gem[${GemToUse}].Name.Equal[${SpelltoCheck}]}
        /return Complete
    } else /if (${Me.Gem[${SpelltoCheck}]}) {
        /return Complete
    }
/return Incomplete

I've found that sometimes while using this that it won't actually memorize any spells because for some reason /memorize just decides to not work. Relogging fixes the issue 100% of the time.

Yea, I Found that having /stick on while trying to /memorize a spell will break it a lot of the time and no amount of Relogging will fix it.. How do you tell the idiot you are /sticking to just hold still for a moment, can't you see I am trying to Memorize a spell.

ctaylor22
Rich (BB code):
/if (${Stick.Active}) {
    /declare sticktrg ${Stick.StickTargetName}
    /stick end
    /delay 2s !${Me.Moving}
    /target ${sticktrg}
    /stick stickhowparams
}

should be
Rich (BB code):
/casting "itemofuberness"|item
to cast an item
and
Rich (BB code):
/casting "altabilityofrawpower"|alt
to use a alt ability

none of those work for me. Ive tried every combo there is from the macroquest2 wiki website/guide. I dont know if theres something turned off in a config file or not.

While I cant give you a redcent thanks(no button to do so or i would have), I will at least give you a personal thanks for trying to help.

ctaylor22
Rich (BB code):
/if (${Stick.Active}) {
    /declare sticktrg ${Stick.StickTargetName}
    /stick end
    /delay 2s !${Me.Moving}
    /target ${sticktrg}
    /stick stickhowparams
}

That's kind of what I did, but some of the time the character gets left behind because of the time it takes to mem the spell and the distance the character you were /sticking to has now moved away from you. By the time you finish meming the spell the rest of the group is too far away for /stick to work.

Why not just make it so the toon doesn't try to memorize a spell while sticking all together?

/if (${Stick.Active}) /return

Using the stick being active as a base case to exit the routine without producing results. He can't cast it unless the group is stationary.

/if (${Stick.Active} && ${Me.Moving}) {
/return
} else /if (${Stick.Active}) {
/bc I need a moment to memorize a spell
/insertspell mem code here
} else {
/insertspell mem code here
}

Toast - MQ2Cast

Users who are viewing this thread

Back