• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - Mq2melee crashing my paladin on underfoot compile (1 Viewer)

Orc Pawn

RedCents
I play on emu servers and mq2melee causes any paladin I used to crash on load. It gets all the way to character select and begins loading into the server, (nearly getting in game) but then crashes. I tried looking for a crash log but could find nothing. It loads up other classes just fine. I tried creating it's own ini and disabling everything but it got no farther along. Is there a way to just not load mq2melee for certain toons? I don't particularly care for mq2melee in the first place but I want it for the downshits and holyshits. I like being able to maintain my buffs with it and conditionally cast spells. If there was any other way of doing that I would toss mq2melee out of my mq2folder. I do use mq2skills as it doesn't take over your toon and lets you micro manage them. An mq2skills with holyshit and downshit would be optimal but I don't know how to build plugins. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Try deleting the pallys mq2melee ini file sounds like one of your down or holyshits is crashing him. Also depending on what emu server you are on something like lay of hands aa might be causing it because lay of hands used to be a skill and was converted to an AA. Our underfoot compile was specifically for our Red Planet EMU I have no clue how it works on other servers,

It didn't have an ini file to begin with. I created it because it was crashing so I thought maybe if I made an ini file and disabled some stuff it might work. I can see where the lay on hands might cause an issue. I wonder if there is a way to toggle it off and then not get an issue on a different server by copying over the ini for my current server. If I do find luck with that I will post on here just in case anyone else has the same issue.

- - - Updated - - -

So what is the name of yalls server?

Yeah, it seems it does not matter what server. I have tried zipzip, irrev, nags. I don't know which server is yalls, didn't see anything that said redguides on it. Is there any documentations or tutorials on how to build plugins? Can they be edited with hex editors? I am pretty good with plugins, I have build tons of them but have not managed to get into the plugin side of it.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought i remembered a server for yall. I primarily play on EZ server but do manage to check out some of the other ones from time to time. Never got around to yalls. I also saw yall almost ended your emu builds because of live going f2p. I am glad you didn't. Emu is still going quite strong.

- - - Updated - - -

On a whim I decided to rename your mq2melee and move one from another compile for underfoot into my RG folder. It worked, I am able to get my paladin in and it is working fine. I don't want to advertise for other compilers on here so if you would like I can send you a link to where I got it from or even the dll file itself.

You can name them i am curious we only have one compile and its for underfoot i will be creating others this summer. I know MMOthugs has compiles for Emu and there was another site I can't remember the name.

also just for shits and giggles can you try this one see if it works

Attachments

• MQ2Melee.dll
    303 KB · Views: 63
Will definitely give that one a shot. Mqemulator is the one that I am currently using that is working. I was pleased to see it worked with your compile. I have used the mmobugs one. It seems real crashy. I am not sure what is causing. I managed to get it to work after my membership expired and it still crashed just as randomly and often. About once a day it would crash. Yours is very stable and I am using about the same plugins. The one from mqemulator is also quite stable but they don't have mq2skills. I will download this one and let you know how it works. The one from mqemulator is publicly available but I can attach it here if you want.

is you pally naked? an or are you putting anything in your ini file that could be crashing it and or are on an emu server that doesn't allow mq2 qnd will crash your toon if detected?

You can name them i am curious we only have one compile and its for underfoot i will be creating others this summer. I know MMOthugs has compiles for Emu and there was another site I can't remember the name.

The file you attached 4 years ago did not resolve this issue for me. I am having this exact same problem. Cannot get a paladin into any server while MQ is running. Crashes immediately. Server, account, and race don't change anything. If I turn off MQ, I can get in just fine. I also tried using mq2melee from other compiles as a few others mentioned and this does not resolve the issue for me.

- - - Updated - - -

The file you attached 4 years ago did not resolve this issue for me. I am having this exact same problem. Cannot get a paladin into any server while MQ is running. Crashes immediately. Server, account, and race don't change anything. If I turn off MQ, I can get in just fine. I also tried using mq2melee from other compiles as a few others mentioned and this does not resolve the issue for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to be redundant, but I tried the mqemulator.net mq2melee.dll file with the uf release of RG's MQ and that seems to have resolved it. I specifically chose the ez server classic release. The first one I tried from that site didn't produce any positive results.

Tech - Mq2melee crashing my paladin on underfoot compile

Users who are viewing this thread

Back