• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Looking to start playing from scratch. (1 Viewer)

systolic

RedCents
Its been years since I seriously played EQ Live. I have no idea where to start or what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions or pointers?

I just read a guide on how to get into Everquest Live after a ~10 year hiatus. I'd link it, but it's behind a paywall (forums.somethingawful.com) If the author gives me permission I'll post it here.

Will be posting the "returning players guide" soon! It's a good read, and very detailed. I'm going to edit it & add a table of contents, so give me a day or two.

I'd like to see a list of good exp zones (With or without MQ2) other than the hot zones, especially for the higher up levels. I recently came back after a few years off (When I left, lvl 70 was the highest). The biggest problem I found was a lack of websites with new info on expansions and progression. Up till I left there were many websites you could go to get information. Since then, the websites have closed up or not updated with new information. Its hard to find out about zones and quests for the higher levels, other than what gets posted here.

do you have multiple accounts? classes?

hmm for lvl 70, i think I was in...

uhh

infected paw was one of them, if you have multiple accounts you can set up kissassist and go from there and let you get exp for awhile

I also think I was in the hive

and dragonscale hills, but these are going up in expansions which means they will be harder and harder to kill, even though they are in your level range.. having multiple accounts will benefit you greatly if you have them

having some trouble here with my melee , it comes on auto but when I encounter a mob with DS I cant get melee off for nothing . can anyone help here ?

- - - Updated - - -

having some trouble here with my melee , it comes on auto but when I encounter a mob with DS I cant get melee off for nothing . can anyone help here ?

My first advice to people coming back, is find your old account. Old characters are not worth much because you can make so much better now and it is a lot easier, but an old account will have a lot of benefits. Also I recommend making a new character and playing it through some levels. At some point you may feel confident and will want to skip ahead to a higher level character, but when you come back it is better to start from scratch. A lot of people suggest the tutorial which I guess is worth it for new people, but personally I prefer just making a new character, going to one of my favorite old zones, and start killing skellies and stuff.

Also the first thing I do is spend 30 minutes to an hour changing all the game's settings. You need to setup your resolution to match your screen, then change all the settings to suit your PC, ie, max everything to look pretty. Then you need to rearrange all the UI which as default is all over the place. Move each component to where you want it and then right click them and select lock. And lastly, go through all the keys and change the main ones to be how you want to play. For me that is WASD and then common things like hail, autoattack, and con, all on nearby keys. I also put crouch and autorun nearby too. I then change target nearest NPC to TAB, and cycle NPCs to Tilde key (the squiggle next to the 1 key). Once you do all that, log out! That will save the settings so you don't have to do this again.

Then get back in, and go kill some wasps n shit and get some spell money.

p.s. If you find your old account, you get a bunch of uber AA abilities you can use to make life a lot easier, and also you get some free money and some other things like global chat.

Ahh bumping old threads :) Well seeing as microscope put a bunch of effort into the response I have a queston:

p.s. If you find your old account, you get a bunch of uber AA abilities you can use to make life a lot easier

Can you expand on this a bit? I'm playing a new character on an old account (~15 years 'entitled' on /played) and I don't see these uber AAs unless im missing something? All I see is a whole bunch of things in /claim (mostly mounts!)

Type /veteran and if you choose to claim the rewards then you'll see the AAs for that toon. You only get /vet rewards for a certain number of toons based on how long you've had the account. So don't burn them on a toon you won't play long term. Under /claim you'll see mounts (which most are heirloom - meaning you can put them in the shared bank and pass off to another toon) and "Gifts of Legacy Lost" which gives you some experience and speed potions and some gear based on your level (the gear is worthless until at least 50s.)

Question - Looking to start playing from scratch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back