• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Bard Songs (1 Viewer)

Maxranor

RedCents
36¢
I've recently started playing a bard on the prog servers, and soon I hope to be raiding. I have a question for the vets about what songs I should keep memmed based on different group assignments. We are currently capped at 70 in PoR.

70 Aura is on

Melee Group
1 Haste
2 Proc?
3 Nillipus?
4 AoE Mana?
5 VoV?
6 HoS?
7 AoE Resist?
8 Mez
9 DA

Caster Group
1 Caster Proc(Forget name)
2 Casting focus(Fire or Ice)?
3 ?
4 AoE Mana?
5 VoV?
6 HoS?
7 AoE Resist?
8 Mez
9 DA

Tank Group
1 PoV
2 Niv's
3 Nillipus?
4 AoE Mana?
5 VoV
6 HoS?
7 ?
8 Mez
9 DA

I would appreciate any feedback you guys that have been around a while longer can give. I understand how melody works, and understand how to optimize VoV uptime (With my song slots above 1 2 3 4 5 1 2 3 4 1 5 2 3 4 1 2 5 3 4 1 2 3 5 4). Does the couple of seconds that the other songs drop make a critical difference? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

P.S. - A goal would be to have songs that pretty much always remain up remain in the same slots, and adjust melodies if possible.

Mine, well 30 levels in your future anyways are

MeleeCommonCaster
Single Target Mez
Cure
AOE Mez
Current Nuke
Proc (Arcane Line)
Proc (Suffering Line)Fire/Magic Dot Potency
Overhaste
WarmarchFire or Ice Nuke Potency
Last Expansion Nuke
DA
AoE Mana/Hp Regen
Burst Mana/Hp
Overhaste AuraMana Aura
As for tank groups, they are a waste of our abilities and most guilds put tanks and clerics together exclusively to maximize the benefits of divine arb and epic clicks.
Having said that I don't recall what I used when I was 70th or VoV honestly. I do know I use 5 6 7 8 as a normal rotation and then when I click on A tune stuck in your head it changes to 4 5 6 7 8 9.

Awesome info, thanks very much. I'm going to have to take a look and pare this down a little bit to fit my 9 songs in, but this is great starting info. I can see that with my always ups I'm on the right track at least. Thank you.

This is pretty good to have
[2603] Amplification
[FONT=&quot]Classes: BRD/30[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Skill: Singing, Max Focus: 320%[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Target: Self[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Focusable: Yes[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Casting: 3s[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Duration: 30s+ (5 ticks) Song, Dispelable: Yes[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Increase Singing Amplification by 15%[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Inhibit Effect: Singing Amplification (AA)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Focuses the power of your voice, causing all songs that use the singing skill to increase in power by #1%.

[/FONT]

This is pretty good to have
[2603] Amplification
[FONT="]Classes: BRD/30[/FONT]
[FONT="]Skill: Singing, Max Focus: 320%[/FONT]
[FONT="]Target: Self[/FONT]
[FONT="]Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes[/FONT]
[FONT="]Focusable: Yes[/FONT]
[FONT="]Casting: 3s[/FONT]
[FONT="]Duration: 30s+ (5 ticks) Song, Dispelable: Yes[/FONT]
[FONT="]1: [/FONT][FONT="]Increase Singing Amplification by 15%[/FONT]
[FONT="]2: [/FONT][FONT="]Inhibit Effect: Singing Amplification (AA)[/FONT]
[COLOR=#999999][FONT="]Focuses the power of your voice, causing all songs that use the singing skill to increase in power by #1%.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

There?s an item clicky that gives this effect without having to eat up a song slot. It drops from one of the SSRA basement buildings.... I?m forgetting the name of the item or the name of the mob that drops it.

I know there are some items that did at least do something similar but I think they now just give you an aa. There is an item you can buy with ha currency in cotf that was one of them.

Voice of the Serpant is the one from SSRA, there is better ones with Harmonize on them but these now give a AA has Dobber said.. Amplification is still usefull, it also makes Selo's kick good ( well used to before it got moved to off the kick skill not took notice since change)

Question - Bard Songs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back