• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - F2P/Silver opening up several options (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,703¢
https://www.everquest.com/news/article?month=032013&id=524463

As of mid-next week, we're going to be removing the following free-to-play restrictions in EverQuest and EverQuest II. Free and Silver players will now have access to all of the following options:

We are opening up ALL CLASSES.*
We are opening up ALL RACES. **
All bag slots are unlocked.
All players can now use the shared bank slots.
The quest journal restrictions are lifted entirely. Quest away!
Additionally, EverQuest is allowing all players to send delivery parcels! (This change is for a game-specific change in EQ, so it doesn't happen in EQII.)

We hope that the Free and Silver players among us (and there are a great many of them!) will be very happy about this news. These are good things indeed!

* "All free classes" exception for EQII only: Beastlord is still only accessible via the "Age of Discovery" expansion pack.
** "All free races" exception for EQII only: The Freeblood race is still an SC-only marketplace option.

The way I read this, it still says all classes and races will be available in EQ. Cool, I can make a bard now :).

God, the army of 90 1000aa characters I'm going to have... Hundreds of gnome mages! I'll beat old raid content with all mages!

Definitly loving this, makes me wonder how they are making $ tho. Surely selling bags for 25.00 isn't going to pay developers salary.

Definitly loving this, makes me wonder how they are making $ tho. Surely selling bags for 25.00 isn't going to pay developers salary.

You would be shocked. When they first put these bags in years ago people were buying 10 of them per character. Some people spend 10 times more on marketplace items then they would even pay for a sub. + Kronos are huge for them its a way to sell plat without actually selling plat.

They probably make more from the marketplace then they do from subs. You know how many people buy the ornament thing thats what 1200 station cash per character.

Plus planetside 2 and Free Realms basically pay for everything SOE does right now. PS2 is a cash cow.

The people who spend a ton make up for the people who spend nothing. BUT the people who spend a ton wouldn't be there if there was no one else to play with. So they need the sponges to keep the high paying people around.

It brought me back. There was no other way I'd come back after my main got banninated back in 07. The lure of free accounts was to much, and honestly I'm playing MQ2 not EQ.

News - F2P/Silver opening up several options

Users who are viewing this thread

Back